Good 32º foggy morning.
Throw Back Thursday....... our creek after a big rain storm in 2006. You could have kayaked in there!
Picture of the Day..... LOL
About Lee Majors....
Lee Majors was born in 1939 as Harvey Lee Yeary. He is best known for his roles as Heath Barkley in the 1960s television series The Big Valley, Colonel Steve Austin in 1970s series The Six Million Dollar Man, and Colt Seavers in the series The Fall Guy. He changed his name to Lee Majors as a tribute to his childhood hero Johnny Majors, a football player and future coach for the University of Tennessee. Majors has been married four times, including a high-profile marriage to the late actress Farrah Fawcett between 1973 and 1982.
Just prior to Farrah's death, she and Lee had a conversation.
From Mr. Food....
Our Mediterranean Ravioli with Feta is a budget-friendly way to make delicious Mediterranean food at home! You're going to love this easy shortcut recipe because it saves time, without skimping on flavor, and your family will love you for serving up restaurant quality food at the kitchen table. We're sure you'll agree, there's no downside to this easy pasta recipe!
- 1 (24-ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Cook tomatoes, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper 8 minutes or until tomatoes start to break down.
- Add ravioli, spinach, and olives and simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
Special day today, my pals Linda and Andy Nantz (he was in the USMC with my Jerry) are celebrating their 55th Wedding Anniversary. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KIDS!!!
Historically this date.....
1965 – Bloody Sunday: A group of 600 civil rights marchers are forcefully broken up in Selma, Alabama.
1968 – Vietnam War: The United States and South Vietnamese military begin Operation Truong Cong Dinh to root out Viet Cong forces from the area surrounding Mỹ Tho.
1986 – Challenger Disaster: Divers from the USS Preserver locate the crew cabin of Challenger on the ocean floor.
1989 – Iran and the United Kingdom break diplomatic relations after a row over Salman Rushdie and his controversial novel, The Satanic Verses.
And births this date include...
1934 – Willard Scott, American television broadcaster
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TBT. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo