Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Kristen Deborah (Pendleton) Follen

This is a tribute to my daughter, Kristen Deborah (Pendleton) Follen. She was born on October 31, 1967. She passed away yesterday, December 14th, after fighting with cancer for 5 years. She was an awesome daughter, awesome sister, awesome person all around,  a great mother, a super friend, and a wonderful work-mate. For a few years she was a Deputy Sheriff and worked at Temple Station. When she had her children, Alexandria and Jackson, she quit the department. Later she went to work for the San Gabriel School District as an Office Manager at Coolidge Elementary School. 
 
Rest in peace my love. You are in a lot of our hearts. ❤

This is my dad, Leslie Laney, and our dog Lucy and the playhouse he built for Kristen....


 Here's our family..... way back when... Brian, me, Kristen, Aaron, and Jerry...

1989 when Kristen graduated from the Los Angeles Sheriff's Academy...





1991 Kristen's wedding.....



2017 with her Alex and Jack....

And here are various other photos.....













6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue,

My heart breaks for you. As a mother I can't even imagine.

I called Edda yesterday to see how she was doing as it was 14 years ago on Dec. 14 that she lost of her daughter, Cobi to cancer.

John and I send our love and please let us know if we can do anything for you.

Hugs and love, Trisha and John

Arthur said...

I didn't know Kristen was sick. She was a good, caring & considerate woman who raised two great kids. She's with our Lord now, pain free & I pray He comforts you too Sue.

Lydia said...

May you feel God's loving arms in this most difficult time. There are no words, but if there are any deeds which might be of service to you, please ask.

Maria said...

We are so sorry to hear the sad news, Sue. I had not read your blog yesterday, but Frank told us. That news was shocking and you must be heart-broken. Kristen looked like such wonderful person.
Please accept our deepest sympathy and condolences,
Gerry and Maria

Anonymous said...

My daughter goes to school at Coolidge and she always had good stories about Ms. Follen. Our entire community aches for your loss with you. Please take some solace in knowing that You raised an incredible human. Thanks you and God bless.

Vanette Christensen said...

The heart hurts the deepest for those we've loved the most. Kristen was an amazing daughter, mom & woman and her legacy is one of service and love... as you pause to celebrate her life, I pray God's Comfort and Love pours out over you and your family through such a huge time of loss... Thank you for letting us all know. Gary & I send our prayers