Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

NY Traffic ~ Baby Turkeys ~ Old Person Joke ~ Chicago News ~ Jake ~ Waffle Iron Cheese Sandwich ~ Idiot Firing Rounds ~ Apple Turnover


Good 51º clear sunny morning. We hit 86º yesterday.
 
Watching the NY news is always interesting, especially at the end of the broadcast they show the street .... the amount of foot and vehicle traffic always amazes me!! This was on Sunday July 3rd....
My friend Vivia who lives in Brooklyn said this area is filled with jerks, wackos, perverts, druggies, and drunks.  
 
Yesterday I went out back and scared off  3 turkey hens and about 20 little babies! Dang. Should have looked first. They were enjoying the water in the tubs. So I got out my long lens and saw them wayyyyy down in the lower pasture...



**********************************************
And this shared by my pal Patty K...
Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement center were sitting on  a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says, "Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you are about my age, how do you feel?"
Slim says, "I feel just like a newborn baby."
 
"Really!? Like a newborn baby!?"
"Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants."
**********************************************
So.......aren't you glad you don't live in Chicago!   So far yesterday morning 32 people had been shot !!!
 
 
 
Historically this date...
1937 – Spam, the luncheon meat, is introduced into the market by the Hormel Foods Corporation.

1945 – World War II: Liberation of the Philippines declared.

1971 – Right to vote: the Twenty-sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution, lowering the voting age from 21 to 18 years, is formally certified by President Richard Nixon.

1973 – Catastrophic BLEVE (Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion) in Kingman, Arizona, following a fire that broke out as propane is being transferred from a railroad car to a storage tank, kills 11 firefighters.

 2012 – The Shard in London is inaugurated as the tallest building in Europe, with a height of 310 meters (1,020 ft).



And births this date include...
1928 – Katherine Helmond, American actress
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi0DEN6bJSKFqjBHnl31Hoip431BiiwtiRYzMTJg6uddbCxya6faTSoVOg18I2UbsOp9qthDgdkCOvzCHErrhPvEH-dmg57yVWJUwAJFvXIwP6TtqFfxGC7d-NvfLeDhVyGPTGa_DCTxnc/s1600/katherineMA29030301-0009.jpg

1950 – Huey Lewis, American singer (Huey Lewis and the News)
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiiNkLqDst0AgQLMM-0QG_IdSw4pjNgNiC22GkcWRydy2mItB7E2zdlVOtEsRnRVR067i5Eoi_xApyWL2NC4wDkuhYxMgY0P4_OFqvbvPGejbLwgczInm6A0ln17fPQC52ISV3d5zWxSDU/s1600/hueyMA29030301-0010.jpg
 
Seems like there is this turkey, a Jake, who takes refuge in my back yard in the shade and by the water tubs. Been there every afternoon until dark..


 
Dinner an experiment... sourdough bread, American cheese singles, Provolone, mozzarella sticks, butter.....


I brushed both sides of the bread with melted butter... and then started stacking on the cheeses... first a Provolone slice, next 2 American cheese slices ....


Next 2 cut in half mozzarella sticks, then topped that with more American cheese slices (2) and one more Provolone slice....


I cooked it in the waffle iron until browned on each side... heated up 3 Veggie Cakes in the microwave and topped them with a dollop of Opa Yogurt Ranch....

This was the BEST cheese sandwich I have EVER HAD!!!!! Filling. Very filling. I only could eat half of the sandwich and 1½ of the veggie cakes! I have leftovers!!!
 

Then it was chair, wine, TV time. A Hallmark movie, Boston Pops, and some news. Then when I was ready to go to bed this jack wagon north of me started shooting rounds and rounds.... Dude and Bruiser were both very nervous. No way I could go to bed and sleep, so I stayed up and counted!
 
11:15  68 rounds
11:25  83 rounds
11:29  95 rounds + an explosion
11:36  4 rounds
11:41  9 super loud rounds + firecrackers
11:46  3 rounds + explosion
11:53  firecrackers
11:56  3 rounds + explosion
11:59  16 rounds
12:02  firecrackers
12:04  23 rounds + 4 explosions
12-10  22 rounds
12:13  21 rounds
12:17  1 round + explosion + firecrackers
12:22  explosion
12:26  2 rounds + 2 explosions
12:34  1 round
 
This for a total of 338 rounds + 10 super loud rounds... total 348!
10 explosions
4 sets of firecrackers
 
I would love to know where this Adam Henry lives!!!
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
July 5th
National Apple Turnover Day

Easy recipe using refrigerated biscuits...
 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lordy! That would scare me having rounds going off like that. If you had called the police, would they have done anything about it?

Isn't it just ironic that every weekend many are shot and killed in Chicago when, hey, they have the strictest gun laws anywhere! Stupid Demoncrats!!

That cheese sandwich looks amazing! I was thinking as I saw the pic of what all you were putting on it that you wouldn't be able to eat all you had put on your plate. lol

So ticked off this morning that crooked Hil liar y will slither out of charges! People have spent jail time for far less! RIGGED system!!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

T, calling the police wouldn't work. Big holiday and we'd have to get OSP here instead of our local PD as we are out of town. Besides I don't know where the jack wagon lives.

Yes, Chicago and other democrat run cities have basically the same problems!

The FBI has been threatened or bribed! Disgusting. xo

Unknown said...

Your meals always make me hungry. Ha. My friend April and her family are on their way home from NY today. They took a week family vacation there. Can't believe the congestion there.��

Oregon Sue said...

At least my food, O, is getting your attention! LOL.... NY is wild. When I was there it wasn't a holiday and not as bad as that picture. xo

Lydia said...

That grilled cheese is tempting. I found a trick you might want to try some time- I used mayo instead of butter for crispier crust on grilled sandwich.

So sad for Chicago. A great American city, but a good example of what happens when the law is applied unequally. The rich and powerful are protected- the rest allowed to fend for themselves.



Oregon Sue said...

L, I will try your mayo thing but since I cooked this one in the waffle iron I wanted to use butter. I do like to slather mayo inside a grilled cheese!!! xo