Total Pageviews

Friday, May 20, 2016

Weather ~ Danged Computer ~ Friend Shot! ~ Lisa Short ~ Dumped Dinner ~ Quiche Lorraine


Good 47º cloudy morning.

Yesterday the rain came and went all day. Never long enough for much, but nice! We warmed all the way up to 61º !




ALL day long yesterday I worked with my computer. I did a system restore. I uninstalled AOL, or at least I thought I did. Then I reinstalled AOL and it still didn't work. I finally got the laptop on again and ordered a new computer from Dell. It should be here in a few days. Meantime, Mr. Laptop is working ok. It's just s-l-o-w !


The below link may not work without signing in.. but this one should:
https://kobi5.com/news/man-shot-in-grants-pass-27840/

Some disturbing news was in the local paper Wednesday and yesterday and on the news last night... a friend, former Deputy Paul Allgood was shot, and according to his new gf it was his ex-wife, which would be Tammy. Here is the article..


It has been awhile since I have seen Paul and Tammy. The last time the "girls" got together Tammy was acting super strange and left in a huff. According to a source, Tammy had been institutionalized for a time. I tried finding Paul on Wednesday but no information was available from either the hospital or local police. He was apparently released yesterday.



Historically this date..
1862 – U.S. President Abraham Lincoln signs the Homestead Act into law. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_Act
1883 – Krakatoa begins to erupt. The volcano's final and most notable explosion occurs onAugust 26.
1927 – At 07:52 Charles Lindbergh takes off from Roosevelt Field in Long Island, New York, on the world's first solo non-stop flight across the Atlantic Ocean. He touched down at Le Bourget Field in Paris at 22:22 the next day. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Lindbergh
1932 – Amelia Earhart takes off from Newfoundland to begin the world's first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean by a female pilot, landing in Ireland the next day.
1983 – First publications of the discovery of the HIV virus that causes AIDS in the journalScience by Luc Montagnier and Robert Gallo individually.


And births this date include.....
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhl6FOieapjqgmyl5Sd2Ip3sEspT6IbLqgl2OwNtyVVFJQTeF8PlID3z_ufpOz8DedkUQwAQWiuS2f8OWkznFTREfzZuHt_OV2n6Gl_TJ4lOC8HIihc08juyMsAllVbNvePWidxI9e7zAM/s1600/dollyMA28786609-0021.jpg






1908 – James Stewart, American actor (d. 1997)
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhq8Cd9YBvFV3RW_I7ICiMbXbaIXQCdXNbdwFLNdY133L7YaYOvSc7QnMG9UkYFZ_CRtSx2LnCUbWC7zgZVG1P6VeAvYjFAm8n-Tc9SkJb1wTFsrYn4WX0joA6wm3TDjDeSSGMCHZlyQi8/s1600/jamesMA28786609-0022.jpg






1942 – Carlos Hathcock, American Marine Corps sniper (d. 1999)
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh0YXtGqhZedpZgYbFreI_cL-4_g1p1M3uZPrmjdF_iO-mKXNMq9aVs6ivWbADLu8nJUHppc-o5EBBsUPrTkx5Loy_XitCGH6HnICbMsikI-qAo1ICzR11gw7zrv41CQ-yoZkeyfAQ-MiI/s1600/Carlos3MA28786609-0023.jpg
OOOHRAH!








1946 – Cher, American singer & actress
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEguCi4K4EtGF0PEDBlf40QTpXKdPJDpLO-EomgRxdTzbnxpkHZcFy02xz315gNq4uf0osLMITD1l-6hCwFsPl17nVAg6iQhzsKy7KdscxyLRmLsqB5JUSChqjdFXW6RxIjulxk43cYqYhI/s1600/cherMA28786609-0024.jpg







1954 – Cindy McCain, American businesswoman, wife of John McCain
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhSbNLGgjxMPeZDCT_59bk3MDwvNUlMLxCBlY2bf0L8dBx2uBnmSx0SBEqeLqkdjUxPld3Rfv1seNc4JbwdSLx7gi2TvmvczxdLvQdLei5WYMNyhzRzaQ5HeK6lHcxmeksxnlvRYTHlsAI/s1600/cindyMA28786609-0025.jpg






1958 – Ron Reagan, American talk show host
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhx3tOoRyW3nzP9ozQ_yOwnX7nCtmvYb8UiuSA6rlHedYbg86ufprR3hNPxMiiXd5CmzB4HAHP5MliUeYLYzXLoEwjohtebCytcjCTW3TaHwcN6eNbW8JdGAqzCPrTPmYiXeHhfEuqcGls/s1600/rrMA28786609-0026.jpg







1959 – Bronson Pinchot, American actor
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj9Esq4u7A_WkbrfZqV1BXsi46O553b7ke7dXljAVLgnR4ALahEZzbN28e0v3urkgfcc5HPkqD_GgFikssgx9V5ul1axaGkKCavNekqe3pNB0_9nxCamAQS0O2mwrge1Twjf4W_j_e6OKE/s1600/bpMA28786609-0027.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjzUJbes_71dPiqwoKRw1-BafXs_APaUgqvZC6giIxTKMiopq_3Wy0KdY1ft4YZO3c3SCfMwZysdhJzTR5csP0c4gPnvtporskWmZs8HvlWjNqocv-lywAB4RDxZnPK7an0cIiEK5nQAlo/s1600/bp2MA28786609-0028.jpg


... graduated from So. Pasadena High School!


and.... Olga's sister, Lisa Short is celebrating her special day.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjRSxRB424817u75V4znnLRbtr1kQtXf5uCWJzbVDvJ1VrJGkoKHWxm1NiHrRF-EAXFGEH0NYjRXntTbFxWiDnzknOGcx0Ph4sWf88O5x2sbih210VHe2kDn6MyptFNjZYpeijc6VYI3ks/s1600/LisaJohn2MA28786609-0029.jpg
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!!










Later I was in the cooking/creative mood so I got out some chorizo, pasta, and shrimp. I had read a recipe using chorizo and shrimp so thought I'd try it. Jerry and I always loved choriso and egg burritos. Anyway, cooked the chorizo, added shrimp, cooked pasta, added in a lemon cooking sauce and a bunch of veggies and spinach. It was AWFUL! I couldn't believe it. I put it all in the garbage disposal. Expen$ive mistake!!!!



Later it was chair, wine, chat with pal, and Chicago PD....
All I know. Nuff said. Happy TGIF. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
May 20th
Quiche Lorraine Day   (Sounds like a plan for dinner!)

The History Of Quiche

The word quiche evolved from the German word Küchen, cake. The dish originated in Alsace-Lorraine (hence, Quiche Lorraine, a specific recipe that uses heavy cream and bacon—no cheese). Alsace-Lorraine, now a region of northeastern France, borders on Germany and over the centuries was variously in German control. According to food historians, when the quiche—now considered a quintessential French dish—was developed, the region was a German province called Lothringen.
Recipes:


1 comment:

Lydia said...

Good morning. So sorry for your friend. The newspaper wanted me to be a member to read, so passed on the article.


LOVE quiche Lorraine. Quiche anything. My favorite being what is served at the Sherman Library and Gardens with champagne.