Total Pageviews

Monday, January 7, 2013

Cold/Flu ~ Football Playoffs ~ Alex-Jack Pig Trough ~

 

Good 39º rainy morning. It's started. Weather will get worse for a few days. Rain and snow mix through Thursday. It was gloomy all day yesterday....


 
The whole day was icky. I woke at 3-am-ish and could not go back to sleep. Tired all day and then the 'flu/cold' symptoms came on me (stuffy head, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat,stomach questionable). Started taking Zicam, Vitamin C, Zink, and gargling with hot water and apple cider vinegar. Also took alka seltzer for the tummy!   So................ didn't go anywhere, stayed in and warm. Football was sort of sucky.... Colts lost. Boooooo, sorry B. On the other hand the Packers womped the Vikings and the Seahawks smacked the Redskins! YEAH to all!!!

The best part is the symptoms I had are all gone. That Zicam, let one dissolve in your mouth every three hours, is the bomb! I feel pretty good, and after dinner of homemade soup and lots of sleep (10pm-7:45am) I think I will state unequivocally that I am over whatever it was that attacked me.

I didn't even have the energy or strength to make a fire in the wood stove yesterday. Turned on the heater and lay under my comforter all day. My neighbors took my trash can up to the road for me. I was a mess! Glad that is over with!

Kristen, Alex, and Jack went to Ferrells for her birthday celebration. They ordered a "Ferrells Pig Trough"! And here we are in anticipation.............





 
.... and then too full to move.....
 
Oink oink oink!!!
 


Historically this date...
1948Kentucky Air National Guard pilot Thomas Mantell crashes while in pursuit of a supposed UFO.

1980 – President Jimmy Carter authorizes legislation giving $1.5 billion in loans to bail out the Chrysler Corporation.

1999 – The Senate trial in the impeachment of U.S. President Bill Clinton begins.


And births this date include....

 
1911Butterfly McQueen, American actress (d. 1995)









1929 – Terry Moore, American actress









1963 – Rand Paul, American politician, Junior Senator from Kentucky









All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
January 7th
National Tempura Day
 
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,
So glad you are feeling well again! Amazing that you recovered so quickly!! Mine is still hanging on but it's weird. Not a cold yet but just a weird feeling in the back roof of my mouth and only a slight runny nose on occasion. Did some coughing during the night.

Oh I love the pic of the kids. So they shared the pig trough? It looked amazingly yummy! Alex sure does look like her mom. Several times when you've sent pics I thought she was Kristen.

Good neighbor you have! That was nice of him to take your trash to the road.
What kind of soup did you make? Chicken? Sounds like miracle soup! :)

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Get some Zicam T!!!!

Yes, Ales ia a mini-Kris. I've called her Kristen and so have teachers at her school!

I'll post the soup tomorrow. Chicken stock to start with. Good stuff! xo

Lydia said...

Yes! We're going to get the recipe for miracle soup!

Nice to know Farrel hasn't changed. What fun!

Anonymous said...

I have Zicam but I also use Saline Drops like crazy when I feel something coming on.

The ice cream looks yummy but the tempura looks even better! Maybe because it's so damp, cold and gloomy here. Glad you are feeling better. You are too sweet to be sick! Love t and g

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks Tammy. This is the first time in a LONG time I haven't felt well. Glad the combo of all that stuff worked. Love to you and Gary and Sidesy and Jaco! xo

Anonymous said...

Zicam Rapid Melts are great.....
Just headed off a cold last week with Zicam.
Ed