Good 42º morning.
*Correction* Yesterday I spelled Bill Riordan's name wrong, corrected it, but wanted to apologize to Bill for that error. Brain fart!!! Also, yesterday was Bill's birthday. Happy Birthday a day late Bill!! Bill worked Temple Station with Jerry.
Something to make you say, "Oh SH*T!"
I looked at my mountain yesterday and saw an orange spot... ah ha.... a tree that turned colors!
...and while I was taking pictures, Dude was enjoying the cool grass...
He is just the SWEETEST most loving dog! Happy happy happy. Me too, that I have him! ♥
Football yesterday was good for some and lousy for others...
This was shared by Tally Huntoon (wife of Spencer..Wilsonite) .... It's a total AWWWWWWW video!
Daisy, the puppy who believed...
Keep your Kleenex close... this will tug at your heartstrings! It has a GREAT ending.... so watch and enjoy....
My friend Patty shared this good info:
How to get rid of fruit flies!
Clean out a glass jar or bottle.
- Place bait inside the jar. You can use a piece of fruit, vegetable, or red wine inside the jar. You can use whatever you have on hand or what originally attracted the bugs in the first place. All three of these products are great for attracting fruit flies.
- Cover the jar with plastic wrap and secure it with a rubber band. Make sure that the top of the jar is completely covered and doesn't have any escape routes for the fruit flies.
- Poke small holes into the plastic wrap. Make sure to keep the holes small so that the fruit flies can crawl in but can't fly out. A straight pin or paper clip is perfect for this.
- Leave the newly made trap out where the fruit flies will be able to find it. Since fruit flies typically fly rather than crawl out of spaces they will be able to get into the trap but won't be able to get out.
- Clean out the jar whenever you have trapped the fruit flies. Place new bait in the jar, recover the jar with new plastic wrap and the rubber band and keep trapping them. You will never have to worry about fruit flies again. or watch the following video:
Ok, here's a Smilebox of (mostly the kids) at Tap Rock for Jean's (Jen's mom) birthday dinner Saturday...
Historically this date....
1993 – The Great Flood of 1993 ends at St. Louis, Missouri, 103 days after it began, as the Mississippi River falls below flood stage.
2001 – The U.S. invasion of Afghanistan begins with an air assault and covert operations on the ground.
And births this date include...
1943 – Oliver North, American former military officer
1959 – Simon Cowell, English recording executive
Today is also the birthday of one of the "daily drivel gals"... Judy Duvall.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDY!!
I hope Seal Beach throws you a great party!
PICTURE of the day...
Yesterday I went to Grants Pass to see the "Art Along the Rogue".... chalk pictures on the street. (pictures tomorrow) Then to Ft. Vannoy Farms to see Jen and her "Practically Perfect Children's Parties" booth... http://www.practicallyperfectchildrensparties.com/
and then to Bill and Jeannie's to visit and pick up some green tomatoes to pickle. Chaka was her charming self, as usual~!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
World Smile Day
World Smile Day celebrates the ever popular yellow smiley. It also offers us an opportunity to do an act of kindness. According to the World Smile Day website, a proclamation of this day was made by the U.S. Congress. Now that should put a smiley on your face.
The smiley face became so popular, that the U.S. Post Office issued a stamp with the smiley face.
The intent of World Smile Day is to do an act of kindness, or help one person to smile. Why not do both!?
The yellow smiley stands brightly smiling upon this day, offering it's stamp of approval.