Good 59º raining morning. No thunder so far. Knock wood. Heard it start about 5am. Came down HARD for about 1-2 minutes. Stopped. Drizzling for the past hour or so. Very light. Radar shows it all moving northeast...
Yesterday it was 84º and so humid at noon. The pressure started dropping. I checked the Wunder map and all the radar was to the east and north of us. It got really windy in the afternoon but was still 85º. ICK!
Here's more on Robin Williams:
There was a good show about Robin on Access Hollywood last night and will be another one tonight.
And then Lauren Bacall died yesterday.
Here is a list of celebrities who died so far in 2014:
A special birthday today, Patrick Reardon (LASD ret). HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!
This taken about 4 years ago when Pat stopped by to say hi on his way back to Washington state.
Historical haps and famous births, click here:
Alfred Hitchcock, Don Ho.......
I did it again... At the market the other day I picked up some gnocchi, so wanted to fix it a different way. Canned salmon, artichoke hearts, chives, basil, sliced mushrooms, Mediterranian spice blend (which is called Za'atar. Contains sumac, thyme, white sesame seed, and oregano. www.thespicehouse.com ), and Trader Joe's clarified butter (salt free butter and low fat milk... also called "ghee". Great for sauces: http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/ButterGhee.htm .. http://www.marthastewart.com/332877/ghee )
So................ cook the gnocchi in salted boiling water, drain. In the pan I put the clarified butter, gnocchi, chives, basil, and spices. Get a little color on the gnocchi. Then added in the salmon, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts.
Heat well. OMGOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!
When I took the lid off the salmon I drained it into a dish for Bruiser. Talk about a PIG. He gulped it down!!!
Speaking of the Bruise... on the AOL sign in screen they have different pictures.. here's one of them:
That's my guy, white paws and all!
This is good....
Yesterday I finally got around to being brave, putting on my big girl panties, and putting together the new Workz battery powered Weed Eater. Had it for over a month now! Anyway, I almost did two things, take it to Brian to figure out or to my neighbor Frank. I was so frustrated. I had to attach the guard and the wheels ... then I had to figure out how to change it's elevation, use the handle (locked or unlocked) and all that other stuff. I was just about to give up when the guard finally went into place! Then I got the screw in the right hole. Then... the wheels. OMG. I was so thrilled when it started!!!
Now I have some work to do.... well, when it cools off and the rain stops!
All I know. Happy Hump Day. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
National Filet Mignon Day
Left Handers Day
If you are a Leftie, Then Left Handers Day is just for you!
Left Handers, also commonly referred to as Southpaws, are the brunt of more than their share of jokes all year long. How do I know? Yup, you guessed it! It ain't easy being a leftie. But those of us who are, would have it no other way. Lefties are proud of it.
The world is built for right handers. Examples are everywhere. For example:
- In school, have you ever seen a left handed desk? They don't exist.
- Many left handed items cost more.
- Novelty coffee mugs are made with the picture or text for a right handed pick-up.
- Scissors for for right handers. Only a lefty would understand this.
- The computer mouse you are using as you read this is designed for right handers.
Did you Know? Right handed people operate in the left side of the brain. Left handed people use the right side. Therefore, only left handed people are in their right mind.
Left Hander's certainly earned the right to have a day dedicated to them. August 13th is that day. Take a minute to appreciate your left handed friends and loved ones. Don't forget to send them a Left Handed Day Ecard to show your respect.
Remember today and every day: "Lefties have rights!"
As lefthanders, we never do anything right....kewl!
Left Handed Facts and Trivia:
- Sinistrophobia is the fear of left-handedness or things on the left side.
- While many people are left handed, very few are 100% left handed. For example, many Left handers golf and bat right handed. On the other hand, there is a high percentage of righties who are 100% right-handed.
- Lefties are also called "southpaws". The term was coined in baseball to describe a left handed pitcher.
- Tuesdays are Lefties luck day.
- Only about 10% of the population is left handed.
- During the 1600's people, thought left handers were witches and warlocks.
- International Left Hander's Day was first celebrated on August 13, 1976. It was started by Lefthander's International.
- They say everyone was born right handed, and only the greatest overcome it. (he,he,he)
- It is believed that all polar bears are left handed. Also see Polar Bear Day.
- There is a rumor that octopuses have but one right hand. Scientists are diligently studying this issue.