Good 30º snowing morning.
Not much here,yet, but it's still coming down. The barn roof and my hippo are covered.
Wow, 2017 already. Amazing how fast the years go now!!!
From email pal Mike Cipolla .... how people do in winter:
.... and in California, when it rains:
"OMGOSH, what do we do now?"
Yesterday Mike came over and stacked wood on the front porch for me. He also did a few other chores, cleaned out the creek beds, and blew leaves.
Here is a yummy and super easy Crock Pot Mexican Lasagna...
2 16oz jars salsa
2 envelopes taco seasoning (or 8 T divided)
8oz cream cheese softened
1 cup sour cream
14oz can refried beans
16 oz traditional lasagna noodles, uncooked
2 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 cup water
14oz can Mexican corn
2 small cans olive slices, drained
3 green onions sliced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Mix 1 T of taco seasoning mix with cream cheese, sour cream, and beans.
2. Brown beef. Mix with remaining taco seasoning and water. Set aside.
3. Spoon enough of the salsa into the bottom of your Crock Pot to keep the noodles from sticking.
4. Cover the bottom of the Crock Pot with the uncooked lasagna noodles. Break to fit if necessary.
5. Layer steps: Spread 1/3 of the bean mixture over the noodles and top with 1/2 of the beef, 1/3 corn, and 1/4 of the olives.
6. Mix cheese together in bowl and top lasagna with 1 cup cheese.
7. Top with 1/4 of the salsa, and place noodles on top.
8. Repeat layer steps two more times, ending with noodles and pour the rest of the salsa on top. (Reserve remaining cheese, olives, and green onions til the end.
9. Place lid on Crock Pot and cook for 4 hours on high.
10. Minutes before serving, cover with remaining cheese, olives, and the green onions.
Special birthday today... my friend and neighbor..Frank Mize. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANK!!!
Historically this date
1908 – For the first time, a ball is dropped in New York City's Times Square to signify the start of the New Year at midnight.
1954 – NBC makes the first coast-to-coast NTSC color broadcast when it telecast the Tournament of Roses Parade
1962 – United States Navy Seals established.
And births on this first day of the year include....
1930 – Ty Hardin, American film actor
Wow, on his 8th wife!! The last one he married in 2007!
"Love to eat them mousies. Mousies what I love to eat.
Bite they little heads off and nibble on they tiny feet."
Yes, closer and closer!!!
Later dinner was (Omaha Steaks) marinated salmon and scalloped potatoes. Cooked both in Air Fryer. Perfect!!!
Didn't make it til midnight, in fact napped in my chair and got up and went to bed at 9:30!!! Party animal!!!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy New Year! Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
Bloody Mary Day