Good 43º clear sunny morning. Hit 90º yesterday.
Radio code 10-5 means "Relay".
This shared by email pal Mike Cippola... LOL, so true!
AS I AGE, I REALIZE THAT:
1. I talk to myself, because sometimes I need expert advice.
2. Sometimes I roll my eyes out loud.
3. I don't need anger management. I need people to stop pissing me off.
4. My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance of idiots that needs work.
5. The biggest lie I tell myself is "I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."
6. When I was a child I thought nap time was punishment. Now it's like a mini vacation..
7. The day the world runs out of coffee is just too terrible to think about.
8. Even duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.
9. Wouldn't it be great if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes; come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller.
10. At my age "Getting Lucky" means walking into a room and remembering what I came in there for.
Historically this date...
1962 – The Beatles first single, "Love Me Do" backed with "P.S. I Love You", is released in the United Kingdom.
And births this date include....
1902 – Ray Kroc, American fast food entrepreneur (d. 1984)
Imagine that, a man who started his own business without the help of the government!!!! (Are ya listening OVamit??) Oh, and Mr. Kroc was a Republican. Fancy that, an entrepreneurial Republican business owner! Wonder what he would have thought of this:
Click here: Obama: If You've Got A Business, You Didn't Build That - YouTube Oh yes, someone else built the roads so that is why you didn't build your business.... it was because of the roads!!! GAG ME. Heaven help us. That idiot in the White House makes me throw up!
1922 – Bil Keane, American cartoonist (d. 2011)
1929 – Richard F. Gordon, Jr., American astronaut
....his daddy makes some mighty fine wine up in Napa!
Yesterday we celebrated Jean's birthday at Tap Rock for brunch... Here's a few pictures.. (Just for you Jimmy!)
Jean and Jen...
The birthday girl....
I left there and went to Art Along The Rogue... artists come and put their artwork on the street with chalk... Some are amazing!
|This free slideshow design customized with Smilebox|
Today is Monday Football:
Later I fixed some crab cakes for dinner. Got them at Safeway. Made by Seafood America in Pennsylvania..
They heated in the oven and meanwhile I mixed some mayo and lemon juice. Then filled a bowl with baby spinach, tomato, and celery, all drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with Lawry's Garlic Salt. Topped that with the crab cakes and a drizzle of the mayo/lemon .... OMGOOOOOD!!!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
(I'll take a 5th!!!)
Do Something Nice Day
Today is Do Something Nice Day. Go ahead, do something nice, anything nice. And, do it to, or for, another individual. It won't hurt......I promise.
Doing something nice for someone almost always evokes a very pleasant response. At the very least, it results in a smile. More likely, that person will do something nice to, or for you. And, best of all, doing something nice just might be contagious.
In keeping with the spirit of this day, set a goal to do something nice for someone. Perhaps, you can do this for several people. Then, sit back and watch the results!