Good 62º morning. Clear and going to be another 95º day. But... while I am whining I heard from my daughter Kristen and she sent a picture of the temperature in So California.... !! Holy cow.
I said I'd publish the recipe for the
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie ....
35 Nilla Wafers, finely crushed (easy in the food processor)
1/4 c butter, melted
2 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
2 bananas, cut lengthwise in half then crosswise into quarters
2 pkg (3.4 oz) Jell-O Vanilla flavor instant pudding
2 c cold milk
2 c thawed Cool Whip
Heat oven to 350º
1. Mix wafer crumbs and butter until well blended, press into bottom and sides of 9" pie plate. Bake 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Meanwhile scrape chocolate or make curls from 1/2 chocolate square. Refrigerate.
2. Microwave 1 1/2 chocolate squares with peanut butter in microwaveable bowl on High 1 minute. Stir until chocolate and peanut butter is completely melted and blended.
3. Put banana pieces into bottom of pie crust and drizzle melted chocolate.
4. Beat pudding mixes with milk in large bowl with a whisk for 2 minutes (boy, tiring!). Stir in 1 cup of Cool Whip. Spread over bananas, top with remaining Cool Whip.
5. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Top with shaved chocolate just before serving.
"The safe way to double your money is to fold it over once and put it in your pocket." Frank McKinney Hubbard
Historically this date...
1908 – Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers' first public flight.
2008 – The 2008 Summer Olympics officially opened with the opening ceremony at National Stadium, Beijing, China.
And births this date include....
1921 – Esther Williams, American actress and swimmer
1938 – Connie Stevens, American singer and actress
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Hump Day. Ciao
xo Sue Mom Bobo
National Zucchini day
Here is my friend Lydia's Marinade for Vegetables...
2 oranges, 1 lemon, 6" sprig of Rosemary, olive oil.
Zest oranges and lemon, put zest in food processor. Cut oranges and lemon, remove white pith from outside and seeds. Put in food processor. While running add equal amount of olive oil and puree. Then add the chopped Rosemary and refrigerate until ready to use ... up to 2 weeks. Slice zucchini (and/or yellow squash .. eggplant) ... Dip each piece in marinade and grill on barbecue or your indoor grill...