Good 46º morning.
Such a tragic day this was in 2001. Seeing those images and knowing the heartbreak that occurred is still strong in my mind and heart.
I was emailing with John Thurman (LASD ret) and he wrote me back he was waiting to hear from his son who was stationed at the Pentagon. Later he wrote that the plane hit the Pentagon on the floor under his son's office. His son was OK, smoke inhalation, but ok. A couple of men in his office and a lot of them on the other side of the wall died.
THROW BACK THURSDAY...
Christmas in my Dale Evans outfit! Ummmm... 1952? Curly curly hair back then as Mom would give me perms all the time! UGH.
Historically this date...
............ interesting the Sept 11th attacks took place on this date also.
........... and yet another incident coinciding with this date!
2001 – The September 11 attacks take place in the United States. Airplane hijackingsresult in the collapse of the World Trade Center in New York City, damage to The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and the crashing of a passenger airliner nearShanksville, Pennsylvania.
And births this date include....
1923 – Betsy Drake, French born actress
......once married to Cary Grant!
1928 – Earl Holliman, American actor
1937 – Robert Crippen, American astronaut
1962 – Kristy McNichol, American actress
1967 – Harry Connick, Jr., American singer
Today can't be remembered for only the tragedies on 9-11 but for a friend's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZ O'CONNOR!
Liz is my dental hygienist and a fun person. LOVE YOU Lizardbreath!!!
I was sitting here writing this blog when I heard a loud commotion out in front. Ran out, camera in hand, and there were two Toms fighting. One had the other's head in his mouth.
I ran towards them, along with Dude and Bruiser... and they got scared and the grip was released and they ran! I have a feather for a souvenir.
Then 10 minutes later, after Dude and Bruiser had their breakfasts and wanted to go out back into the trees to "do their business".. there were the turkeys eating the cracked corn I had left for the birds and gray squirrels. They gobbled at me!
How about this for a yumm breakfast...Leah posted this on her FB page and I found the link...
Scroll to the bottom of this site and there is a printable recipe..
All I know. Happy TBT. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
September 911 Remembrance Day
I doubt anyone will ever forget where they were on the morning of September 11, 2001, when they heard of the attacks on the twin World Trade Towers in NYC and the Pentagon in Washington. This horrible and tragic day is etched forever in our memories.
Like the attack on Pearl Harbor that brought us into World War II, the 911 attacks led us into a new war... the war on terrorism. It also touched and changed forever, the lives of each and every American.
On the anniversary of 911, we encourage you to spend a few minutes reflecting upon this event, and praying for the victims who died, and their families and friends.
- On the morning of September 11, 2001, nineteen Islamic al-Qaeda militants hijacked four planes. The hijackings occurred from Boston, Newark and Washington airports. The planes selected were long distance flights, which would have more fuel in the tanks.
- One plane each hit the north and south towers of the World Trade Center in New York city. The planes and engulfing firestorm, ultimately brought down both towers.
- A number of other buildings were also damaged or destroyed. Most notably was the Marriott hotel, which was also destroyed.
- A third plane hit the Pentagon in Washington, DC.
- The fourth hijacked plane ultimately crashed in a field in Shanksville, PA. Passengers on the plane learned of the fate of the other planes, and unsuccessfully attempted to take back control of the plane from the suicidal the hijackers. Everyone aboard died.
- In total, thousands were killed.
Total Victim: 2977
Victims in the towers: 2606
Pentagon victims: 125
4th plane, crashed in PA: 40
# Militants: 19
Deaths included Americans and citizens from many other countries.