Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2012

Wednesday 8-29 LBB's ~ Lemon Juice Day

The moon is 99% full and it's 6:58am ... I can't copy the moon image as I am working on my laptop and can't figure out that with this computer. My big computer is with Turk. Hope he fixes it soon, this one is making me irritated.


Good 44º morning.


Looks like the LBB's are about ready to leave the nest...



 



Historically this date...
1966The Beatles perform their last concert before paying fans at Candlestick Park in San Francisco.
1970Chicano Moratorium against the Vietnam War, East Los Angeles, California. Police riot kills three people, including journalist Ruben Salazar.
2005Hurricane Katrina devastates much of the U.S. Gulf Coast from Louisiana to the Florida Panhandle, killing more than 1,836 and causing over $80 billion in damage
20072007 United States Air Force nuclear weapons incident: six US cruise missiles armed with nuclear warheads are flown without proper authorization from Minot Air Force Base to Barksdale Air Force Base.



And births this date include...
1916 – George Montgomery, American actor (d. 2000)
 
Jerry and I met him once at the Pomona Fair. He was into woodworking and made some beautiful furniture. Nice man. Big/tall.
1923Richard Attenborough, English film director
 
1936John McCain, American politician
... sure was a handsome young man!
 

1938Elliott Gould, American actor
... weird.....


 
1940James Brady, American White House Press Secretary and gun control activist
 
1958 – Michael Jackson, American pop singer (d. 2009)
 
 

Took computer to Turk yesterday and he will call when it's done. Later in the afternoon I went to Bill and Jeannie's. Donna came over too and gave me a bag of tomatoes. Will work on those later. Jeannie also gave me some red (hot) peppers that I will pickle. We sat out on the deck, it was so lovely and a nice breeze. Came home and watched the RNC and Ann Romney's talk. Wow, she's good and it was a fun loving informative speech. Like McCain, Mitt married a gal with good looks, smart, and a great speaker. I loved listening to Lynn McCain too.
 

All I know. Nuff said. Happy Hump Day. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
August 29th
Lemon Juice Day
 
My favorite salad dressing is lemon juice with olive oil drizzled in while whisking. Ratio is about 1 to 1. Add a little garlic powder, some sea salt, and citrus pepper. Perfect!
.... or make a lemon martini!

 

No comments: