Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday 8-31 ~ Edda ~ Dutch Bros ~ RNC ~



Good 57º clear and sunny morning.
BE CAREFUL...... BE VERY VERY CAREFUL.... FULL MOON!!!! Sure glad I'm not answering 911 calls now. Full moon nights were horrid. Every nut case on the planet was out!

Today is a special friend's birthday... Edda Gahm. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDDA. I hope your special day is FANTASTIC as you!!!! xo
Here are the "daily drivel gals" at a Christmas
luncheon a couple of years ago...
L-R  Lydia, me, Trish, Edda the Birthday Girl, & Judy

An update on the LBB's (little brown birdies) they have fledged and are gone from the birdhouse!
 
Also, talked to Kristen this morning. Her surgery was 2 1/2 hours yesterday. I checked on her several times and the nurse relayed my message as I didn't want to disturb her. Today she's doing ok, has eaten a little. She will be fine in a few days! Will send her off some pretty posies.
 
 
Yesterday I went to GP to pick up my computer from Turk. He said for his pay all he wanted was a "freeze from Dutch Brothers" which is a drive-thru coffee hut...


 
I ordered it weird, apparently, as the girl at the window laughed at me. She asked if I had ever had a freeze before. "No and first time at a Dutch Brothers". She was so sweet she gave me the freeze for FREE~!!!!!! With an added, "Welcome to Dutch Brothers!" How nice. So, Turk was happy with his treat! And OMG it smelled heavenly... espresso freeze. Gonna get one for me!

On the way back home I saw this "motorhome" parked in the McDonald's parking lot...
Look carefully, it appears the back half was removed to be a storage area. An AC is attached to the door. OMG. I can just imagine what the driver looks like!!!! LOL.

So, home again with the computer and all hooked up when the FedEx guy showed with my DirecTV box. Yeah. Got that hooked up but it's not showing the local channels! Grrrrrrrrrr.... Talked to DirecTV and she is sending out a tech (wanted one in the first place!) on WEDNESDAY! OGeeze. I watched the RNC on the small TV. So enjoyed the speeches... Jeb Bush, Derek Parra (gold metalist from 2002 speed skating)


 
 
 
 
 
 
... and Clint Eastwood... he was funny!
.... and of course Mitt!!
 
Lots of fun and lots of cheering!
 
 
Historically this date...

2006 – Stolen on August 22, 2004, Edvard Munch's famous painting The Scream is recovered in a raid by Norwegian police.


And births this date include....
1903Arthur Godfrey, American radio and television host (d. 1983)
 


1924 – Buddy Hackett, American actor and comedian (d. 2003)


1928James Coburn, American actor (d. 2002)


1945 – Itzhak Perlman, Israeli violinist
............ amazing talent!


1949Richard Gere, American actor
    .... too weird for my taste!


 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Friday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
August 31st
 

No comments: