Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Elvis Presley's Birthday ~ LASD Reserve Deputy ~ English Toffee Day


Good 35º morning.

If you love the Wal Mart people, you will love this...
www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos Sent by Aaron and Marie for your perusing enjoyment!

Got a haircut yesterday. Had a good time chatting with my hairdresser, Leah. We were talking about different types of vodka. On my blog January 5th it was Whipped Cream Day and I said I needed to find the whipped cream flavored vodka. Georgia in Az said she likes it in orange juice. Leah told me she liked 360 Vodka. So I went to the liquor store in search....

Haven't tried the whipped cream one. Tasted the chocolate egg nog. Good! Contains Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Rum, Brandy, and Blended Whiskey! WOW. I tried the 360 Mandarin Orange. Too sweet for me. So, added straight vodka to it and a little lemon juice. That was GOOD!

Each of the vodkas had a $5 rebate coupon and the egg nog was only $3.95. Such a deal....

Took a run to Grants Pass. Staples sent me several coupons and one for 10% off expired as of today. So got ink for printer, saved 10%, had a coupon for $4 off from recycling ink, and had a $5 coupon. So instead of the ink costing me $38 it was only $26. Whooo hooo.... On my way back home I saw some clouds sitting right down on the mountains and sort of 'flowing' over them... Neat!



I received this from a Wilsonite, Mary (Fancher) Zavala.  
 
It is so worth 3 minutes of your time to watch. It will give you pause, make you smile, drop a tear (if you are like me), and refresh your mind. Thanks Mary. This is wonderful!



Historically this date...
1935 – The United States national debt is 0 for the only time.

1981 – A local farmer reports a UFO sighting in Trans-en-Provence, France, claimed to be "perhaps the most completely and carefully documented sighting of all time".

1994Russian cosmonaut Valeri Polyakov on Soyuz TM-18 leaves for Mir. He would stay on the space station until March 22, 1995, for a record 437 days in space.

2011 – An attempted assassination of Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and subsequent shooting in Casas Adobes, Arizona at a Safeway grocery store kills 6 people and wounds 13, including Giffords.


And births this date include....
1911 – Gypsy Rose Lee, American actress and entertainer (d. 1970)

1912José Ferrer, Puerto Rican actor (d. 1992)
Married to Rosemary Cloony and had 5 children.



1926 – Soupy Sales, American comedian (d. 2009)


1935 – Elvis Presley, American singer (d. 1977)


1942 – Yvette Mimieux, American actress


1947 – David Bowie, English musician


LA Sheriff Reserve Deputy, Shervin Lalezary, who caught the serial arsonist in So. Cal will be on Ellen show on Monday January 9th.


Tried to get a picture of the moon last night. It was beautiful....

All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
January 8th.
English Toffee Day


For the very best English Toffee, go to Cary's in Grants Pass on Union St near the Southgate Cinemas. http://www.carysoforegon.com/

You can mail order it.

My Italian son, Alex, is a food broker and represents this company in Colorado/Az. My friend Dee works there. This really is the finest toffee I have ever tasted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you I did enjoy the ride
have a great day
Virginia

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Have you ever notice that the sexy women in the early years had some meat on their bones? Look at G. Rose Lee's legs and body. She looks healthy! They say that Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14. That's unbelievable. How did we ever get to the point where the sexy way to look was skin and bone?
LOVED Soupy Sales! I always watched his show. He was so funny and I did the Soupy Shuffle right along with him! LOL His animal characters were a hoot!

I am gonna HAVE to give some of those vodka recipes a try. We were given a bottle of that egg nog with all the booze in it. I really enjoyed it! Yum!

Hugs, Trisha

Lydia said...

Oh, my. Your blog is going to have to start putting a liquor % label on it. I get giddy just reading about some of what you write.

David Bowie surprises me- in the best way- he grew up to be so happy- so grateful for his good turn. Which based on his talent- he deserves.

Oregon Sue said...

@ T, yes Marilyn was a size 14, but she didn't have rolls on her. She was in good shape. Where my Aunt worked in Hollywood they custom made her clothes with built in bras. She always touted she didn't wear underwear. LOL McIntosh Clothiers on Hollywood Blvd. Not there anymore.

@ L, You are funny. Can't cook... fridge full of food, so have to write about adult beverages!