Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Angel Hair w/ Shrimp-Alfredo-Pesto ~ Sgt. Reckless ~ Lawry's Whipped Cream Horseradish Sauce


  
Good 41º morning. Sure changes from day to day. Some clouds are right down almost on the ground! We got about 3/100's of an inch of rain last night.

 
Today is 14º warmer than yesterday. Had a snuggy warm fire last night and talking to Kristen she was suffering with 92º in So. Cal!




Into Grants Pass yesterday for our monthly Law Enforcement/Fire luncheon at the Elks. Had a good time. Snicker snicker... had prime rib! Not as good as Lawry's, but good all the same. It's certainly not something I cook.

On the way into town the clouds were playing among the mountains...

Since yesterday was "National Spaghetti Day" I cooked some... I used whole wheat angel hair spaghetti, cooked shrimp, Alfredo sauce, pesto sauce, tomatoes, and I reconstituted a handful of dried mushrooms..
I sauteed the mushrooms and shrimp, then added the tomatoes, sauces, and voila!




Because I added the pesto (because I LOVE pesto!) to the Alfredo, it's not bright and white, but OMG it was GOOD!!!!!! Pretty healthy, actually.

 
Here is a wonderful true story of a horse in the Marines, in Korea during the war. Sent to me from Gar Austin. Thanks Gar!! What a great story. Super horse!

Original note with video:

With Steven Spielberg's new movie, "War Horse," which is about a horse in WWI (1914-1918), being released at theatres right now, I thought you might appreciate this video. I understand that the Spielberg movie is quite good, and at some point I will definitely watch it, but it's not a true story. However, the video below is a true story about a real horse during the Korean War (1950-1954). Not only that, but this horse was a Marine hero! I received the video from the mother of a Marine. If you've already seen it, I think it's worth a second look. Semper Fi!


Historically this date...
 
 
1933 – Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge begins in San Francisco Bay.


And births this date include...
1914 – George Reeves, American actor (d. 1959)

 

1917 – Jane Wyman, American actress (d. 2007)


 
1931 – Robert Duvall, American actor

 

1946Diane Keaton, American actress
A Santa Ana High School graduate who used to babysit my nieces and nephew.

 
1975 – Bradley Cooper, American actor

 
All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
January 5th
National Whipped Cream Day

Whip Cream flavored vodka!! Hmmm.... bet that would be good.

Lawry's Whipped Cream Horseradish
(Lawry's Prime Rib in Beverly Hills on N. La Cienega is my most favorite place to eat! The BEST prime rib! I was pea green when on the news they talked about the Michigan and Oregon Duck's teams eating at Lawry's pre-game)

1 cup whipping cream
1/4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, well drained, or 4 tablespoons finely grated fresh horseradish root
Dash Tabasco sauce

Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in Lawry's Seasoned Salt, horseradish and Tabasco until well mixed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's another one from Epicurean...

5 comments:

Oregon Sue said...

A funny... while I was researching "whipped cream" and whipped cream vodka for today's blog, my friend GS posted comments on yesterday's blog about Whipped Cream flavored Vodka! Neat! She says it's good in orange juice! I bet. Now I'll have to find some.

Anonymous said...

Great video of Sgt. Reckless. Absolutely, his story should be heard. Amazing.
Dinner looked fabulous, as always. Whipped cream vodka/orange juice? Yummo 50/50 bar. I'm in. LOL
Have a wonderful day. xo
Jeannie

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks kiddo!!! ♥

Anonymous said...

Sue,
So the whole wheat pasta is good? Last year Albertson's had a shopping cart full of whole wheat pasta on special. I went to reach for some and a lady standing there said "Don't waste your money! It's horrible"! So I didn't get any. Now I wish I had just tried it.

I should really start trying "ways with vodka". We have tons of different brands around here but I never touch it.

Yes, be sure to eventually see War Horse. It was excellent. Now I will watch the video you posted.

Hugs, XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

T, I have never had any complaints about whole wheat pasta... Barilla is really good. It's so recommended for a healthy diet. Vodka is great, can be mixed with nearly anything. Of course my fav is a martini, but love lemon drops, cosmos... Here is a good site with lots of recipes...

http://allrecipes.com/recipes/drinks/cocktails/vodka/

Copy and paste it.