Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

Artichoke & Lobster Tail Dinner ~ Grilled Bologna?

Good 45º morning. Still dark out there. Can't see what is in store. Yesterday it was quite foggy....
 
Then by afternoon we had high wispy clouds.....
 
.....and then a nice sunset....

I cleaned kitchen cupboards like a mad woman yesterday. Felt good. Got rid of a lot of stuff! I still don't need to go grocery shopping, except for wine, milk, and lettuce, for a long time! Then Maggs and I took the trash out to the road to the trash can... The turkeys were standing in the backyard watching us...

 
I also got the corner of the 'shed'port nailed down...
.... and figured out how to pull out the pins holding the thingys (a type of black PVC with holes in it to prevent debris from entering the gutter, and letting the rain fall through) so I can clean them out. Been a while! ... And I figured out the new smoker will need blocks under the back side since I'm not putting on the wheels. I want it stationary on the cement blocks. Yet, another project.

 
You realize that Halloween is just one week away, don't you? And do you know what I find to be the scariest about Halloween? There will only be 54 more shopping days left until Christmas. (Doncha just love this cat's face!)
 

This is FUN to watch.... an owl landing on a camera in slow mo...
Thanks Sally.
 

Historically this date...
1947Walt Disney testifies to the House Un-American Activities Committee, naming Disney employees he believes to be communists.


1977Veterans Day is observed on the fourth Monday in October for the seventh and last time. (The holiday is once again observed on November 11 beginning the following year.)

2005Hurricane Wilma makes landfall in Florida resulting in 35 direct 26 indirect fatalities and causing $20.6B USD in damage.
 

And births this date include....
1936David Nelson, American actor and director

 

1939F. Murray Abraham, American actor
 

1960 – B.D. Wong, American actor
 
With Martin Short in Father of the Bride and now in Law and Order SVU - Like him!

1961Mary Bono, American politician

 

1972 – Scott Peterson, American murderer
Sickening Adam Henry~!
 

Dinner was finally here. I cooked an artichoke with lemon juice, infused olive oil, garlic powder, seasoned pepper, and sea salt...
 




 I made a dipping sauce with sweet hot chili and BF mayo.

 
Then it was time for Mr. Lobster Tail....
Cut the shell down the back and pull out the meat and put it on top of the shell.....

Boil some butter in the micro or a pan, skim off the clarified butter from the solids. Brush the lobster with the clarified butter and sprinkle on paprika.

 Bake at 400º for about 18 minutes.
 

I was in Heaven! I was so benevolent I even let Harley have a few pieces of the lobster and he got to lick the bowl, butter and all!
 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
October 24th
National Bologna Day



Jerry would get a "horsecock" of bologna from the butcher. Now they are called 'chubs' and he'd put it in the smoker. Sliced it made awesome sandwiches!

This guy grills his.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! That lobster looked delicious. I am so drooling. Are you going to try and smoke some bologna in your spiffy new smoker? Sounds pretty good. I am fixated on the food today! Great blog. xoxo Jeannie

Anonymous said...

My new favorite way to cook artichokes is to cook as normal, maybe a tad undercooked. Drain well and cut in half. I de- choke them, brush with garlic infused evoo nd sprinkle heavily with seasoned salt and fresh ground pepper. Grill till browned and smoky tasting............yummy. Del

Oregon Sue said...

@ Del, sounds good. May try that soon.

@ Jeannie, glad you are drooling. That was the point!!! LOL. I may smoke some boloney ... It's certainly good that way. Or, I may do like the guy on the blog did and grill some. Thanks kiddo. Er, OW-WAP!~
See ya later... OW-WOP, DR, GM.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue,
I am still laughing about the horsecock! Yea I knew it used to be called that but had forgotten! hmmmmm wonder who thought up that name!!!
OMG!!! What a delectable dinner you had!! Oh wonderful! John, Kev and Deb are going out on a boat to fish for lobster soon.(Set traps I guess. Don't know how that works) He tells us that we will have to cook them right away. Well THEY will have to because I want no part of it.:(
I have never tried artichokes with mayo as a dip. Always butter. Will have to try it sometime. I can just eat them with no dip as they are so yummy.

Good blog and loved the photos!!
XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Go for the adventure of trying something new, T!

Joan2K said...

Thanks for giving me my dinner menu since I am eating solo! Lobster and artichoke and gobs of butter!

Oregon Sue said...

You got it babeeee!