Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rooster Crow ~ Tortelini & Sauce ~ Barbie Doll Expulsion


Good 46º sunny, soon to be hot, morning!
 
 
Aaron and Marie just left at 7am, heading back to Idaho. A 12-14 hour drive, at best.
 
Yesterday everyone was moving slow. We headed out about 11am. Stopped at Dave and PJ's to say hi, see the fish... then up the road to the covered bridge in Wimer. Another first for Marie, a covered bridge, ranking right up there with the drive-thru carwash!
Then to the Rooster Crow....
Tammy at the 76 Station said I could park there (special customers only!) and this mural is on the wall next to the station... Then we walked through the booth area and Aaron bought a Philly Cheese steak sandwich and I bought a flag pole! (More on that later)
This little doxie was just too cute! Everyone brings their dogs to this event.

The band played and the rooster crowed!
Leah, my hairdresser extrodinaire, and her daughter Marley were at the beauty salon booth putting feathers in girls hair and
 and tinsel!
Today, the 26th is Beauticians Day!
 
... and remember Officer Frowfelter who stopped me re my license plate... I chatted with him about that yesterday, and told him I got the 'corrected' registration in the mail...
Too bad there is no perspective here... to show his height. Although he is a former Marine, so I know he can pack his mud!
 
So, after our Rooster Crow foray, we went to Ace for some tapping screws Aaron needed to attach some rails to the little trailer he's taking the rototiller home on... I was standing by the counter when an older round gentleman walked by. I asked him what it was on his hat. Looked similar to a military design. He stopped and said it was some basketball thing he and "his ex wife" went to. See how he threw in the 'ex' part! Then he kept chatting. His friend walked by and said, "Quit flirting with that girl". I laughed and said, "Well, I am a magnet (left off the geezer part)."  The 'geezer' put his arm around me and said, "You are the prettiest magnet I've ever seen!" (Gag gag gag........) Last seen..... his friend was dragging him out to the parking lot!
 
Historically a lot of stuff happened... but nothing I was interested in.....
 
So, births this date include....
1898 – Chesty Puller, American military officer (d. 1971)
 
1904 – Peter Lorre, Hungarian actor (d. 1964)
 
1911Babe Didrikson Zaharias, American athlete (d. 1956)
 
1922Eleanor Parker, American actress
Not one current photo of her. Vanity must be the reason. She was beautiful and probably doesn't  go in public.
 
 
Aaron managed to get the rototiller all laced down on the trailer after adding some rails for the wheels.
Pre dinner snacks were Pina Coladas (for them, too sweet for me!) and Patty's Goop with Fritos. Both of them LOVE the Goop and licked the bowl! LOL
 
Dinner was my marinara sauce with added tomato (I like to add fresh tomatoes), onion, garlic, fresh 'schrooms, browned ground beef, sour cream (a touch with a splash of vodka) and BIG 7-cheese tortellini. With that, a salad with chopped lettuce, chopped carrots, chopped mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, sliced black olives, cut up artichoke hearts, and honey mustard dressing. Good stuff! Marie normally eats like a little bird, but she cleaned her plate!
Then we watched 'The Birdcage'. One of my all time favorites, and now a fav of Aaron and Marie. It is so funny.... Robin Williams, Nathan Lane, Gene Hackman, Hank Azaria. We laughed and laughed!
 
Today is slow. Some laundry and watering .... Oh, and Maggie and I need to go to the pasture and find the pipe Dean ran over when he was brush-hogging. I have to pound in a tall metal post to show it's location.
 
I bought a reclining patio chair from Ace 
 a year ago and never was comfortable in it. Nobody else who sat in it liked it either... well, except for Aaron. Took this picture of him before our 'porch party' on the 12th....
He loves this chair so it went back to Idaho with he and Marie!
 
Brian Jen and the kids over at the coast for a two day camp out getaway! Know they are enjoying wonderful weather. On a sad note, Kristen called last night to say Alex is done with her Barbie dolls and they were packed up and taken to the garage! Sad sad sad, our little girl is growing up. Fuey, I hate when that happens. She will be 15½ next month and qualify for a driver's permit! YIKES!!!! Here she is EXACTLY 13 years ago!
 
All I know. Happy Sunday. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
June 26th
National Chocolate Pudding Day
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Thank goodness for slow days.

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I laughed and laughed at your geezer/magnet guy. In all fairness to the geezer you did start it. You are so friendly with everyone and old guys love to chat. lol

Good that Arron got that chair. He looked so comfy sleeping in it. Hey, you said you would talk about your flag pole later but didn't get back to it. Another day, right?

That Rooster Crow event looked like lots of fun. Always something happening up there!
Oh I've never seen a covered bridge up close either.

Yes, our babies do grow up! In a few years she will be having her own. :)Hold that thought! :)

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, more on the flagpole another day. You are right, I did start the chat, but should have had my glasses on to see the emblem on the guy's hat! I always talk to military people! And like to thank them!

True, stuff happens up here, but in the winter, not so much. We have to make hay while the sun is a-shinin'! Er, I mean, have outdoor activities!
:o)

Anonymous said...

whoo hooooo for the lost doggy !!!!

Oregon Sue said...

(Smiling) my friends Clarie and David had their dog, 4 mo old bull dog, stolen from their fenced yard on Friday. On Friday evening, after seeing her picture on the internet a gal saw a young man with the dog at a party and she and her boyfriend took the dog away from the guy and Claire got her back yesterday. Police report taken! Hope the Asshole goes to jail!