Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

~ Porch Party ~ Kitchen Klutz Day ~


 
 
 
Good 56º cloudy morning.
 
 
Yesterday we had a 'porch party' for Aaron and Marie. About 19 of us total. Everyone brought food and we had mini sandwiches and cake. Really a fun time and a good visit and the food was fabulous.
 
 
The weather was weird. Early in the day I gave the golf cart a bath, Aaron washed his car, the neighbors were washing their cars... then just before 4pm the sprinkles started. They were on and off all afternoon and evening.
 
After everyone left for home, Aaron put in a movie and we got comfy in the living room. I fell asleep in my chair! Surprise. So, up now and the kids are still sleeping.
 
 
Gabby Giffords... then and now...
 
 
 
Historically this date....
1934Adolf Hitler and Mussolini meet in Venice, Italy; Mussolini later describes the German dictator as "a silly little monkey".
1966 – The United States Supreme Court rules in Miranda v. Arizona that the police must inform suspects of their rights before questioning them.
1970 – "The Long and Winding Road" becomes the Beatles' last Number 1 song.
1996 – The Montana Freemen surrender after an 81-day standoff with FBI agents.
2005 – A jury in Santa Maria, California acquits pop singer Michael Jackson of molesting 13-year-old Gavin Arvizo at his Neverland Ranch.
 
 
And births this date include....
1918Ben Johnson, American actor (d. 1996)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1926Paul Lynde, American actor (d. 1982)
 
 
 
 
 
Boy howdy, he was sure one screwed up person!
 
 
1953Tim Allen, American comedian and actor
 
 
Interesting...imprisoned for drug trafficking.
 
 
1986 – Ashley Olsen, American actress
1986 – Mary-Kate Olsen, American actress
 
 
Those two girls certainly think they are special!
 
 
Today is special for friends of mine. Robbie and Laura Wilkinson were married on this date in 1981. HAPPY 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY kids!!! (Robbie was our neighbor in Temple City and he used to babysit occasionally for us. Now a Fire Capt with LA CO Fire. 3 beautiful children.) Here is a picture of them and Jerry, Brian, and Aaron...
and recently from Laura's FB page.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All I know. I have about 200 pictures on my camera card to get off and organized for Aaron and Marie. And... I need to go to DMV today and get this thing with my license plate straightened out.
 
Aaron and Marie off to Sacramento today and will be back in a couple of weeks on their return trip home.
 
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
June 13th
Kitchen Klutzes of America Day
 
   
 
 
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, I really enjoyed your blog today. (Well, I always do!:) Love your porch party idea. Great turnout! Was it warm enough out there?
I enjoyed reading about Paul Lynde. He was one of my favorites because he made me laugh every time! Didn't know about his alcohol and drug use even tho I did know he was gay.
I think I told you about the time we were on the Carnival Jubilee with the cast from that show with the Olsen twins. The twins were about three or four at the time. We were at the pool with them then later on a city tour. They are sure a wealthy couple of gals now. Not very wholesome anymore tho!
Great photo of Jerry and the friends and the boys. Did you notice the shotgun on the wall looks like it's going thru both their heads! lol Cute!
LOVE the Kitchen Klutz Day picture! Looks just like me in all ways, hair, frazzled!! lol I'll have to copy that pic!

Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

I knew the gun was there but didn't really look at it like you did... going through both of their heads! Funny. Thanks T. oxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue....thanks for the pictures of Aaron & Marie......I think your community paper ought to publish your "DAILY", interesting and full of neighbors that would love it.......WE DO! Take care, and include YOU in some of the pictures. Your Temple City Pals, Alfredo & Virginia

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks Virginia!!! Miss you guys! xo