Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 12, 2011

~ Aaron and Marie 's Grants Pass & Rogue River Adventure ~

Good 42º clear morning. Got warm and sunny yesterday. Eighty something.
Aaron and Marie managed to sleep in a little bit. Aaron showed Marie hot to shoot the .17cal rifle Jerry made for me. She even got a ground squirrel up on the stump!
Then we went to Grants Pass. Stopped at Brian's. Chatted with Jen. The kids were at their other grandma's and Brian was delivering stuff to storage. So we took a drive out the river road to Tap Rock and had lunch.
We explored around there, went down to the river and checked out a jet boat. Then to the drive through car wash (which Marie had never seen before)


We stopped at RR park under the bridge and fed the geese ...
While we were there a young man was fishing. He came out of the water with this GIANT fish! ...



 Then we headed home....
Interesting, as Aaron and Marie got stopped in RR by the poleece at 2am on Saturday morning, I was followed by a RR cop through town and then he hit his lights as we started out towards my house. After I showed him my ID and mentioned he, Officer Frownfelter, had been at my house this past year for a prowler he remembered me. Said he ran my plate and it came back UTL! Huh? He ran it twice as IM417 and again as 1M417. Nada. Guess I make a trip to DMV on Monday!


He asked about the Eagle Globe and Anchor sticker I had on my truck and I said my husband had been a Marine as well as my son Brian. He smiled and said he also had been in the Corps. We high fived! Smiling myself, I wondered the thoughts of passing motorists as he had his red lights on me and we were high-fiving! LOL.

Anyway.... back home and Aaron and Marie took the golf cart off on an exploring adventure to the pond and around the area. 

The three of us and Maggie took a run to Dave and PJ's and just in time to catch Patty and Cliff before they left to give them the avocados I picked up at Costco and she the tequila she picked up for me at the coast. Fair exchange... avocados for
José !
The kids watched Saturday Night Fever with John Travolta (forgot how much cussing went on in that film!) We had dinner, roast beef in crockpot with mushroom gravy and carrots and red potatoes. Some more TV and then bed. Sunset before 8pm was pretty....

 .... and this little doe was out and about..


Historically this date....

1978David Berkowitz, the "Son of Sam" killer in New York City, is sentenced to 365 years in prison for six killings
He's actually reformed, can you believe it? How much BS is that!
1994Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman are murdered outside her home in Los Angeles, California. O.J. Simpson is later acquitted of the killings, but is held liable in wrongful death civil suit.
And births this date include......
 
   
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE!!!
1928Vic Damone, American singer
 
1929 – Anne Frank, German-born Dutch Jewish diarist and Holocaust victim (d. 1945)
1930 – Jim Nabors, American actor
 
   (Scary!)
Today is our porch party. Looking forward to this. A few chores to do this morning. Need to give the golf cart a bath!
All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
June 12th
National Peanut Butter Cookie Day









If that doesn't make you drool......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a handsome guy Aaron is! His wife is sure tiny. I lol seeing her standing on a rock next to him. Cute.
Sounds like you all had a great time. Loved her pic going thru the car wash. That can be scary the first time. When Eric was little he would hide in the back seat and not look.:)

Have a great time at the Porch Party!
Oh, why do you suppose the pooolice ran your plates? What's up with that?

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks, I'll pass your compliment onto Aaron. As for the cop, he was bored and I drive a "drug dealer's" ride, a black Escalade! LOL

Anonymous said...

Yup! I thought of that! A black Caddy Escalade probably is pretty rare in that part of the country, right? Of course one look at you and he would just KNOW you look like a drug dealer! :):)
I always said if I still had young ones I would want either a pearlesence Escalade or a Navagator, same color. They are so great looking!
XO Trisha

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.