Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2011

Jimmy Aaron & Jack! ~ Gnocchi & Creamy Pesto Bacon Sauce









Good 43º raining morning. So far 1/4". Don't' know when it started. In the night, but had windows and slider closed so didn't hear anything. Earlier in the day it was gusty windy!

Yesterday morning the elk were out in the pasture....















Yesterday was one of those lost days. Didn't do much. I did, however, for dinner make Gnocchi with a creamy pesto/bacon sauce and mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
Gnocchi:
I first made a bechamel sauce and added the pesto, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and bacon. Cooked the gnocchi and added that and topped it with parmesan.
















It was soooooooooooo good. I have to laugh though, mentioning pesto or basil to my pal Patty is like mentioning 'pickles' to PJ. She gets that look as if a hairball was coming up! Patty can't even stand the smell of basil, growing. And PJ is not a pickle fan! Funny, Patty loves pickles and PJ loves pesto! I know, I know... TMI. 

If you want to see something that is really funny......
the naked balloon dance...... Straight faced Brits at their funniest.
Historically this date....
1865Abraham Lincoln dies without regaining consciousness after being shot the previous evening by actor John Wilkes Booth.
1892 – The General Electric Company is formed. 1896 – Closing ceremony of the Games of the I Olympiad in Athens, Greece.1912 – The British passenger liner, the RMS Titanic, sinks in the North Atlantic at 2:20 a.m., two and a half hours after hitting an iceberg. 1,517 people are killed.
aoldb://mail/wiki/File:Titanic-New_York_Herald_front_page.jpeg
1923Insulin becomes generally available for use by people with diabetes.
1924Rand McNally publishes its first road atlas.
1952 – The maiden flight of the B-52 Stratofortress
   When I was married to George and he was stationed at Mather AFB in Sacramento, a SAC Base, I would just love watching the B-52s take off. Like giant birds. I kept waiting for the wings to slowly flap!
2010Volcanic ash from the eruption of Eyjafjallajökull in Iceland leads to the closure of airspace over most of Europe.

And births this date include....
1452Leonardo da Vinci, Italian Renaissance polymath (d. 1519)
 
 
1841Joseph E. Seagram, Canadian distillery founder (d. 1919)
 
 Ahhh, I remember "Seven and Seven"!









1917Hans Conried, American actor (d. 1982)
... the voice of.... 

1922Michael Ansara, Syrian-American actor
 
 


1933Roy Clark, American musician






1939Claudia Cardinale, Tunisian-born actress
  Whoa!




1955Dodi Al-Fayed, Egyptian businessman (d. 1997)







..................and........................
Jen's brother, Jimmy 1962
my son, Aaron 1969(at 14) 








 (and today with his wife, Marie)









and my grandson Jack 1999  
(1 year old) 










(CUTE!)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥HAPPY♥BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU♥¸¸.•*¨♥†♥†♥ ♥†♥†♫♪ ♪♫•♥♥†♥†♥ ♥†♥†♥ ♥♪♫•*•♫♪ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥♥†♥†♥ ♥HAPPY♥♪♫•♥BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU†♥†♥ ♥†♥†♥ ¨*•♫♪♥HAPPY♥♪♫•♥BIRTHDAY DEAR JIMMY>>AARON>>JACKSON♥*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~ ♥ ♥;)♥†♥†♥ ♥†♥†♥♥†♥¨*•♫♪♥HAPPY♥♪♫•♥BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU♥*¨†♥ ♥†♥†♥

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ AND MANY MOOOORRRR.....



The eaglets were left alone for a bit and then mom returned with chow....


















All I know. Nuff said. Raining raining raining......
Another stay inside day. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
April 15th
Tax Day!
4-15 in our LASD code meant "Disturbance" !
National Glazed Ham Day

7 comments:

Lydia said...

The gnocchi looks divine. Pesto is an acquired taste- happy to have picked it up.

We love crispy fresh dills pickles here. Other than in relish, sweet just doesn't do it for either Gerry or I.

On board the ship, I distinctly remember a group of passengers nearby during our " emergency practice drill" that I decided if it meant getting in a life boat with them- I would rather swim with the sharks. Better company.

Oregon Sue said...

Whoa, swimming with sharks! No thanks.
Pickles.... love them. I made zucchini relish last summer. It's devine mixed with a little mayo and on a hot dog or I put some on a chicken patty sandwich. Mmmmm..... love dills too!

Anonymous said...

Those crazy elk should have done a better job of 'mowing' your pasture and saved you a lot of work. There sure are a lot of them!
Michael Ansara You could have knocked me over with a feather telling me that he is of Syrian descent! I remember him as Cochise and always assumed he was an American Indian! Live and learn at 70!
Hugs, Erika

Anonymous said...

I like my Pickles Fried!!! That gnocchi looks divine. Drooling here!

Sarah said...

Reminds me of me and Swiss cheese. Alan always wanted it cut from a block for his sandwiches at his work lunch. At 6 in the morning and a few months pregnant, it sent me running for the bathroom. To this day some 42-43 years later, I can't stand the smell of Swiss cheese! Dick is having a hard time with his cold, I'm doing a little better than he is. I'm going to make a macaroni and cheese lasagna for tonight's dinner!

Brelina Fashions said...

Awwwww....just love looking and reading your blog. Your dishes look sooooo yummy!!! And Happy Birthday to Jack. My does time fly!
Have a great day!!

Oregon Sue said...

Ohhh thank you, Brenda!!!! xoxoxo