Total Pageviews

Monday, February 14, 2011

~ Valentine's Day ~ My Brian ~ Aaron & Marie ~ Chocolates ~


 
 
 
 
 
 
Good 34º morning. Cloudy.
Pressure has dropped and a rain/snow mix
is predicted. We'll see....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Happy Valentine's Day!
 
Yesterday was fun. I met Brian,Jen,Tucker,Sami,
and Jean in Jacksonville. We had brunch at the Bella Union.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Good food. Our darling little waitress, Emily, has a birthday today also. Several super people I love have birthdays today. First is my son Brian, then my mother-in-law Winona, then my friend Patsy in Oceanside.
We ate wonderful food. Tucker and Sami made me Valentines. Brian enjoyed his day and his new watch. We walked around Jacksonville and went into several shops. Here are a few photos...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Silly Sami!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sami likes hats!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A bench just their size!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got to Jacksonville early and did some shopping
at the Mercantile. I love that store. I got a bottle
of Sonoma Pepper (Lemon Orange Pepper blend
that I use daily on EVERYTHING) and some
Fisherman's Wharf Seafood Seasoning.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is amazing seasoning containing salt,
black pepper, parsley, garlic, white onion,
lemon peel, green peppercorns, and green onion.
Rub it onto fish prior to cooking, add to mayo for
a spread or dip, add to olive oil for a dunk for bread,
sprinkle it on tomatoes or any salad, a thousand uses.
 
Historically this date....
1778 – The United States Flag is formally recognized by a foreign naval vessel for the first time, when French Admiral Toussaint-Guillaume Picquet de la Motte rendered a nine gun salute to USS Ranger, commanded by John Paul Jones.
1849 – In New York City, James Knox Polk becomes the first serving President of the United States to have his photograph taken.
1859Oregon is admitted as the 33rd U.S. state.
1912Arizona is admitted as the 48th U.S. state.
1929Saint Valentine's Day massacre: Seven people, six of them gangster rivals of Al Capone's gang, are murdered in Chicago, Illinois.
1962First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy takes television viewers on a tour of the White House.
 
 
And births this date include....
1894Jack Benny, American actor and comedian (d. 1974)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1927Lois Maxwell, Canadian actress (d. 2007)
 
 
 
 
 
"Mrs. Moneypenny"!
 
 
1929Vic Morrow, American actor (d. 1982)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1934 – Florence Henderson, American actress
 
 
 
 
'The Brady Bunch!'
 
 
 
1942Michael Bloomberg, American media mogul and politician
 
 
 
 
 
 
1951 – JoJo Starbuck, American ice skater
 
 
Second wife of Terry Bradshaw.
 
 
 
 
 
1960 – Meg Tilly, American actress
 
Always seemed 'strange' to me. She was even married
to Colin Firth! Hmmmm...
 
 
1972Drew Bledsoe, American football player
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A Patriot from 1993-2001 retired from Dallas 2007
 .. lives in Bend Oregon.
 
 
..... and 1971 - Brian Pendleton
The Sylmar Earthquake 6.6 struck on February 9, 1971. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_San_Fernando_earthquake
I was very pregnant with Brian, he was due the 22nd, and decided that he's make his entrance on February 14th instead.
 
 
 
 
(I know. I'm just showing off and bragging ....)
 
Today Aaron and Marie will be married.
CONGRATULATIONS and a long and happy life
is wished for them. 
 
 
 
 
 Looking
forward to the pictures kids!!!!
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom/Soupy/Sue
February 14th
(Seems to be a lot of things celebrated today!)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But one I like is National Cream Filled Chocolates Day
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mmmmmmmmmm

10 comments:

Lydia said...

A birthday today means a life truly began as a "labor of love".

I remember the Sylmar earthquake. I was young enough to be sleeping on the top bunk. A asked my sister if there was room for me with her):-

My dad had been unemployed for a long time. He just got a job the week before as chief of security of Olive View Hospital. Mostly he then protected people from the building.

From a distance you couldn't see anything wrong with the hospital. Then you got up close and you could see the first floor was far too short. It pancaked down.

Truly a sign of the awesome Grace of God.

Oregon Sue said...

The earthquake was early early and I was HUGE pregnant and trying to get to Kristen's room, bouncing off the walls of the hallway... I got in bed with Kris and we laughed at each aftershock (so she wouldn't be scared). Our Collie, Lucy, would stand up with a panic look on her face just seconds before each aftershock! Scary stuff...

Anonymous said...

Oh Sue,
You blog is especially wonderful today! Packed FULL of all kinds of wonderful feasts for the eyes! Just LOVE the photo of the kids! Sami is a gal after my own heart with her love of hats! They are both so darling! Love it that you all are wearing red. Love your top! Cute! Great pic of you and the kids.

Did you know that my first born, John III was DUE on Valentine's Day? However, as it turned out with both John and Eric they were both exactly one week late! JJ on February 21.
Drat! He was here for a little while last night but I forgot to wish him a happy birthday since I won't see him for awhile.
How I loved your pic of baby Brian and the ones of him growing up. What a handsome Marine he was!! You certainly DO have bragging rights!! What a lovely family you have!
Did all four of them recently go to Disneyland? From wht you said it sounded as if it was only Brian and Tucker.
Anyway HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN if you read this! (S, what year was he born?)

Hugs, XOXO Trisha

Anonymous said...

Brian 40, I can't believe it. These kids are really making us old. And please congrats to Aaron and his new bride.

You had the earthquake and I wanted Joey to be born on July 20 (moonlanding), but he waited 8 days....and Kenny Mengel couldn't wait 2 days, he was born on the 7/18

I am leaving very early tomorrow morning for Petoskey,MI. I'll be home 3/3. Gonna take care of the little ones while Erine and Todd go to South Africa to doctor to those that have no doctors in area. Pray for me and them too.

Just wanted to say I love you.

Sandy

Oregon Sue said...

LOL, T it says 1971 by his name!! He's 40 big ones today. Yes, Brian and family were just at Disneyland. Jen planned a birthday celebration for him down there. I babysat my granddog. xo

Anonymous said...

WELL DUH!!! I get so caught up in all the reading that I forget to see the details,like his birth year!

Yup! I know you dog sat Atlas. I get such a kick out of seeing your pics of his face.

Did they see Kristin and kids while down here?
YES!
We are getting old! My John will turn 42 on 2/21/! I waited SIX years after we got married to have him so if I hadn't waited I could have had a really old son by now! Yikes!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

LOL, T you are funny!

Anonymous said...

I was living in Thousand Oaks, CA with my new husband from Ilinois when the quake hit. Our two-story house moved and we went ouside. His first experience! Looks like a great time was had by all! HB Brian and Congrats to Aaron and Marie! I'm contacting the detectives at LAPD tomorrow about placing criminal charges for fraud .. long story. I have been writing letters and placing Complaints with the DA in Los Angeles and our counties. Contacted local Sheriff for their lack policies and procedures. Dick always says, "If you mess with the bull, you get the horn." Signing off .. Sarah

Oregon Sue said...

Ok, can't wait to hear all about your fraud charges..... I guess that earthquake woke up your new husband. No earthquakes in Illinois? Tornados?
xo

Anonymous said...

Where did "Baby Sami" go? I love all the photos and fun! Thanks so much for sharing! I had no idea that Colin Firth was married to Meg Tilly- wow! Happy Belated Valentines Day- T and G