Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

~ Packers! ~ Entertainment? Ha! ~ Feutticini Alfredo ~









Good 36º very very foggy morning.


















PACKERS WIN!!! Whoooooo hoooooo!!!













What a game. 31-25. Up down, up down, up down. Awesome. Sorry Steelers.  Conversions! Hello Roethlisberger, they sunk you. Three of them!



A couple of things I didn't like .. one was Christina Aguilara singing the Star Spangled Banner. Crap! Stick to the song, the melody, the way it was written, and for God's sake ... know the words! It's NOT all about how many high notes the trashy looking blonde can hit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnx-1gAyHWA










Don't get your shorts in a knot, it's my opinion. I'm entitled. But, I'm not the only one upset with this rendition. It's on the news. The only worst singing of our National Anthem was when Rosie O'Donnell sang it off key and grabbing her crotch! Ho! Not laughing... she's one! (***Ok, I have been corrected by my dear friend, O, who reminded me it was Rosanne Barr, not Rosie who sang and grabbed! Both are pigs, anyway!)
Then there was the Black Eyed Peas half time. OMG, what junk. Again, my opinion. I like music, not crap that has a beat.













The things I did like were little snippets of people attending the game... Jennifer Aniston, John Travolta, Ron Howard, A Rod with his current gf Cameron Diaz feeding him popcorn (!), and Bushie and Laura. She and he both always look perfect. Cute couple! And also Condoleezza Rice sat in Dan Rooney's booth with them. Interestingly enough, Dan Rooney, the "boss of the Steelers" and a lifelong Republican, voted for Obama! Imagine. LOL, didn't see BO sitting in his booth! Ya think he's a little upset with the current administration and BO's politics????
I also liked the Budweiser commercials .. but, not as good as previous years. And, liked the Dorritos commercial where the guy house-sitting forgets to feed the fish, water the plant, and knocks over grandpa's ashes off the mantle. Everything revived, even grandpa, with Dorritos! LOL


Atlas laid on his bed...

















Maggie laid on the couch....



















And while Harley sat next to me....
Atlas was eyeball to eyeball with him occasionally...




















Ok, so historically this date..... 
1935 – The classic board game Monopoly is invented.
   I have one made in the 1940's with "hotels" and "houses" made of wood and metal playing pieces. This is one our family used to play.
1962 – The United States bans all Cuban imports and exports.
     Ahhhh.... those luscious cigars a lot of men (and women) loved! So, my darling being a cigar loving/smoking man, he got his 'hand rolled' Cuban (Cuban tobacco seed grown) cigars from Rau, down in Los Angeles. We'd go once a month and get him a box of cigars and Rau would give us a cup of Cuban coffee. OMG. Talk about concentrated caffeine!!! WOW. He had a room full of Cuban ladies hand rolling the cigars. Interesting to watch!
1986 – Twenty-eight years of one-family rule end in Haiti, when President Jean-Claude Duvalier flees the Caribbean nation.
1990Dissolution of the Soviet Union: The Central Committee of the Soviet Communist Party agrees to give up its monopoly on power.
    Ha ha ha ha... on the anniversary of Monopoly, the game!!!!
1991Haiti's first democratically-elected president, Jean-Bertrand Aristide, is sworn in.
    And shortly thereafter he was thrown out by a coup. What a country of stupid stupid people! Nothing works there!!!


And births this date include...
1804John Deere, American manufacturer (Deere & Company) (d. 1886)
  YEAH!







1812Charles Dickens, English novelist (d. 1870)







1867Laura Ingalls Wilder, American author (d. 1957)







1908Buster Crabbe, American swimmer and actor (d. 1983)








1962Garth Brooks, American singer








and in Sandy's family, Jim her bro-in-law and hubby of Babette and Sandy's step-son David. Happy Birthday!

All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom/Soupy/Sue
February 7th
National Fetttucini Alfredo Day
Oh my goodness..... cream and butter and cheese and pasta!
 Plain or topped with shrimp or broccoli or if you are dieting... by the Lean Cuisine kind! Drooling........................

12 comments:

Lydia said...

Good morning. Trisha and I were too busy scoping Ms Aguilera's shoes to pay that much attention to her rendition of the National Anthem. Other than to say we did notice it was neither Faith Hill or Whitney Houston moving.

Half time entertainment- I want to see Fergie do Broadway. She has an amazing voice and stage presence- who would know with that campy group which should be a stepping stone, not the end game.

I am so sorry it is National Fettucini day. I make (arguably) the best homemade pasta in America- but I have left overs for 54):- from yesterday.

Oregon Sue said...

Shoes? Hmmmmm......

Anonymous said...

Yeah Packers! What a game! Hated the half-time show, too. My fave commercial was the Doritos one with the fish bowl, dead grampa etc.

Happy Monday!
Laura

Oregon Sue said...

Boy, are we both on the same page, or what! Since you are so much younger, I'm thankful it's not my age!!! LOL xo

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue,
THANKS as always for your Daily Drivel's . . .they make me SMILE . . .

Linda

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks Linda. I appreciate that!!! xo

Anonymous said...

".......Christina Aguilara singing the Star Spangled Banner. Crap! Stick to the song, the melody, the way it was written, and for God's sake ... know the words!" No kidding! I turned off the sound when I realized how she was mauling the National Anthem. They do that at baseball games too, hateful and ugly sounding.
"and Bushie and Laura. She and he both always look perfect." Dang it! I missed them (was working on getting dinner going). Cute couple! Yes they are not like the current invaders in the White House.
That is a darling picture of Harley & Atlas out staring each other :) I bet Brian would love a copy of that.
Have a great day.
E

Anonymous said...

S,
I totally agree with you about the half time. We did not catch the screw up with the National Anthem because we were busy looking at her amazing shoes! :) Did not like her rendition of the song however. WHY is it that so many and mainly black folks who sing it try to give it their own weird twist?? Fancy it up! It does not need to be fancied up! Sing it like it was meant to be sung!!!
I agree with my hubby when he said "Is that the best they could come up with for half time"? Seems it's like that every year! I do remember enjoying Michael Jackson when he did it tho. The effect on the field with the people and the lights was an amazing thing but the singing sucked!

The commercial I liked best was the NFL one with clips inserted from past and present TV shows and movies getting ready for a Super Bowl game. Second fav was the little Darth Vader. I hear he is a sick little boy from Children's Hospital in OC. Something like that.

Oh that Atlas does take good pictures! That is another priceless one of him and Harley staring each other down! Soooo cute!!

hmmmm love the pasta, shrimp and sauce! One of these days I would love to try L's homemade pasta. Never had any other than a packaged kind.

Have a good one!
Hugs,
Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

OMG, homemade pasta is soooooo good! I have a pasta machine, but it's been years since I made any. I even have semolina flour in my freezer...just in case I get the urge to make pasta! Thanks, T. ox

Anonymous said...

Jonah watched the Super Bowl with me, too!! I'll bet the 49ers regret their decision to take Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers in the draft a few years ago! Rodgers really wanted to go to the niners as his heroes were Joe Montana and Steve Young! Oh well! P.S. Jonah gives me a little more room on my bed! Val

Oregon Sue said...

You are right about the 9ers. LOL... I have to meet Jonah some day! Thanks Val.xo

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I agree with you about the National Anthem and the singer. I also agree with you about the half time group. It all just about ruined a good game for me.

John