Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

~ Fish ~ Washing Machine ~ RR's Birthday ~ Snacks ~ Super Bowl


Good 36º morning.             
I have to say, babysitting a betta fish is interesting. Sushi was left here Monday and Tuesday he acted like he was hungry. I fed him. PJ says he only eats every 3-4 days. So, when Brian was here dropping off Atlas on Thursday I told him I thought the fish was dead. He just never moves, spending most of the time in the roots of the plant or laying on the bottom of the tank. I was feeling horrible. Brian checked and said, "No, he's fine. These fish don't move around much." Ok, good. So yesterday, Saturday, he finally acted like he was hungry again. I fed him. Hmmm.... 4 days.
Had a chat with PJ, she and Dave and Deb and Tom arrived in Quartzsite and are organizing their campsite. Weather nice there for the moment.
Awaiting pictures....
I was sooooo angry yesterday. I was washing a small load of dish towels and the machine got unbalanced. This danged machine has done this from day one, and that was 12 years ago. It's a top loader and for some time I have wanted a front loader.... but, alas, other places my money has gone. So, I stopped the machine, didn't even think the drain hose would have come loose, started it up again and then heard water... running and hitting the floor. OH SH*T! Got out the "shamwow" and had to move both machines and clean up the floor. Grrrrrrrrr.....   Some day....
Yesterday afternoon, after another beautiful day, the clouds moved in..
And that gave us a beautiful sunset....
(see the moon up there?)
Have to laugh, Atlas likes his "bed" but is unconventional in his usage...
Historically this date...
1978 – The Blizzard of 1978, one of the worst Nor'easters in
New England history, hit the region, with sustained winds of
65 mph and snowfall of 4" an hour.
   Hmmmm...... sounds like a repeat in 2011!
1998 – Washington National Airport is renamed Ronald Reagan National Airport.
And births this date include...
1876Henry Blogg, English lifeboatman, George Cross and British Empire Medal recipient (d. 1954)
  can you imagine how popular he'd be today with that name!!! LOL
Mr. Blogg!
1895Babe Ruth, American baseball player (d. 1948)
1912Eva Braun, German mistress and wife of Adolf Hitler (d. 1945)
Mistress for 12 years, wife for 9 hours!
1917Zsa Zsa Gábor, Hungarian-born actress
  
This is her 9th husband.... not good at sustaining long relationships!
Drive with an open container and then slap a cop, go to jail!
How stupid and attention seeking was that!
   Poor Zsa Zsa, coming to such a sad and pathetic end.
1931Rip Torn, American actor

(*****Thanks to my dear friend O, this is
Rip Taylor and Rip Torn. Duh. I need a proof reader!)
1931 – Mamie Van Doren, American actress
Nothing recent on her.
She must be looking pretty shabby.
1939Mike Farrell, American actor
 
  
1940Tom Brokaw, American news anchorman
   
1943Fabian Forte, American singer
   
1945Bob Marley, Jamaican musician (d. 1981)
 LOVED his music!!!!
1962 – W. Axl Rose, American singer (Guns N' Roses)
All I know. Will be enjoying the Super Bowl later. Brian and family due in from LA and their trip to Disneyland. Atlas will be a happy camper. Although, he seems pretty happy here taking up over half of the bed!
 Here is a cheesy drawing of how the dogs, Maggie and Atlas, "share" my bed. Not to scale... as Atlas is MUCH BIGGER!!
There is no way for me to turn over.
Maggie is up against my leg and Atlas is against my back.
I will be having some stupendous split pea/ham soup I made yesterday. Put the ham bone and a bunch of  cut up ham along with green split peas and yellow split peas, a bunch of onion, sliced garlic, and very chunky baby carrots... and then I added the broth from cooking the ham with the pineapple. I skimmed the fat off and then added some water also. OMG, it's WONDERFUL!!!
Nuff said. Ciao. Hasta! Go Packers!!
xo Mom/Soupy/Sue
February
National Snack Month
  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Atlas likes his "bed" but is unconventional in his usage"... Cute, very cute!!
Looks like the dogs 'got your back' :) in bed! Nice arrangement, especially for them. AND... You're not supposed to turn over, you're there to keep those 2 from falling out of the bed.
Now I'm going to treat myself to another cup of coffee then work on the photos and later the taxes.
Have fun watching the Superbowl.
xo E.

Oregon Sue said...

You made me laugh OUT LOUD! Yes, I suppose I do have the duty to keep them from falling off the bed!!!! :o)
Thanks, E!

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I LOL at Atlas sleeping half on his bed. Too funny! Of course my fav pic of him is when he was playing Chinese checkers with Tucker. That was priceless!!
Oh your soup looks sooooo wonderful! YUM!
I too loved Bob Marley music. You should see all the teeshirts in the shops in Jamaica with his face on them. Their claim to fame.

WOW! Can't get over that dress Mamie Van Doren is wearing! Yikes!
Poor Zsa Zsa. I hear her husband the "prince" and her daughter are already fighting over whose going to get her mansion! I always had the feeling that man was just waiting around to collect the goodies!

Hugs and happy Super Bowl watching!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks T. I'll have to post the picture of Tucker and Atals and the Chinese Checker Board again soon. xo

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures of Atlas almost on his bed and the one of you and the dogs in bed was a crack up. Next time. sneak around to the other side of the bed. Maybe they won't realize that you are gone for a while. FUNNY!
Better get the laundry started. More later, Love you, Patty

Anonymous said...

Good Super Bowl Sunday to you, Sue.....

Mount your 'cheesehead' on your head, tilt back your LazyBoy,
open a bottle of Coors Lite, dip a big chip into a bowl of onion dip,
sniff the aroma of homemade chilly simmering on the stove...
and Let The Game Begin.... !!! Hope you enjoy it... GO PACKERS!

(Mamie Van Doren was featured in a local OC magazine, which
showed a recent photo that was quite flattering. She's big on the
Newport Beach scene.)
Greg

Lydia said...

We barely fit with our 2 chihuauhuas in bed with us. Probably the fear of falling off that mountain high mattress that keeps our instincts to stay center.

Cheers!