Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

~ Everybody Has A Cold! ~ Crab ~ Chicken Soup ~ Banana Bread ~







Good 30º morning. Cloudy.
 
Yesterday Maggie and I went to the health food store and got some chewable Vitamin C for Brian. He is miserable with a nasty cold, probably shared by his children. They all, including Jen, have been coughing and blowing. Nasty stuff. When I got to his office Emily was sick too. Thankfully I took an Airborne before going there! Told them to chew those Vitamin C often all day! Drink hot tea (Dr. Oz said the hot liquid in the throat helps get rid of the gunky stuff!) Chicken soup !!!!!
 
We stopped at The Grange and got Nyjer seed and wild bird seed. Then to Ace for cracked corn. Home and I cleaned the chicken and bagged it in one meal servings. Then I started a pot of chicken soup with the broth from the giblets. Added the rest of the asparagus and radishes, carrots, broccoli, lots of chicken meat, Anellini pasta  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
, and mushrooms. Mmmmmm mmm..... Good stuff!
 
It stayed pretty cloudy and gloomy yesterday.
Got sprinkles several times.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I went out to take the mountain picture, this little
hummer was there. He seems not to be scared of me. He
doesn't fly away when I'm out there, standing almost under
the feeder. He just looks at me, and as if to say, "go ahead
take your picture, don't mind me, I'll just finish my meal."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He/she is the baby hummer that was shivering on the perch
last week when it was 19º!
 
Patty and Cliff left the coast (where it's predicted to snow
there too!) and stopped by with 2 GIANT crabs for me.
Tonight's dinner!!! Mmmm... lemon butter and fresh crab.
Drooling as I write!
 
Historically this date...
1954 – The first mass inoculation of children against polio with the Salk vaccine begins in Pittsburgh.
1974 – The Symbionese Liberation Army demands $4 million more to release kidnap victim Patty Hearst.
1991Gulf War: Ground troops cross the Saudi Arabian border and enter Iraq, thus beginning the ground phase of the war.
1998 – Osama bin Laden publishes a fatwa declaring jihad against all Jews and "Crusaders"; the latter term is commonly interpreted to refer to the people of Europe and the United States.
 
1918Richard G. Butler, founder of Aryan Nations (d. 2004)
 
 
 
 
 Boy, he was some piece of work!
 
 
1940Peter Fonda, American actor
 
    (Like his sister, he thinks he is more special than most!
Too bad, his dad seemed like a good guy!)
 
 
 
1951 – Patricia Richardson, American actress
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1965Kristin Davis, American actress
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1994Dakota Fanning, American actress
   
 
All I know. Today I'm going to the Republican HQ in Medford
where Laraine is going to teach PatT and I Excel. Yesterday
I got a call that Liz, hygienist, was sick so my dental appointment
has been changed...
 
Happy Wednesday ... Hump Day! Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom/Soupy/Sue
February 23rd
National Banana Bread Day
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ok, Cliffy, here's your clue....
Hint hint hint.......xo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chicken soup !!!!! Yes, and hot tea with honey in it, those are great for fighting off a nasty cold. I hope that Brian & his family will soon be breathing free & clear again. Rough to see the little ones going through illnesses.
Hugs, Erika

Lydia said...

"My" hummingbirds better not complain it being cool in So Cal. If they do, they are going to hear what troppers birdies are in Oregon.

Hostess at last writer's group made banana bread with cranberries. Bet if a cinnamon sugar ribbon ran through it....mmmm. An instant 300 lb weight gain):-

Stay well-

Oregon Sue said...

Mmmmm, banana bread with cranberries. Sounds like heaven. xo

Anonymous said...

S,
mmmm home made chicken soup! Are you delivering it to the sick ones? My mom's doctor told her years ago to boil bones for soup as it is so healthy. Especially beef bones because of the bone marrow.
Hope they get over it quickly as it a miserable thing.
I have used Excel several times. I always revert back to Word tho. Old dogs....new tricks and all that! lol When I turn in info from new voter registration sheets I have to use Excel. It's really neat tho. I just refuse to use it for my Per Capita reports so I still use the old Word form.

Cute little Hummer. John and I marvel at the few who stayed here in the cold and didn't fly to Mexico for the winter. He keeps their feeder full.

Have a great day!
XOXO Trisha

Anonymous said...

See...be careful, that hummingbird is ready to... Poke your EYES OUT!! Debbie

Oregon Sue said...

Deb, you are toooooo funny! I'm soooo scared. HALP HALP HALP being attacked by a ferocious deranged 1/10oz hummingbird!!!! :-O