Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

~ Rain? ~ Geezer ~ Get Shorty ~ Fritos!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Good 38º soon to be raining morning.
Pressure is going down down down....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yesterday I puttered around and cleaned, etc. I took the pumpkin
and peeled it, cut in to chunks, and put in the Cuizzzzzz... and pureéd it
and bagged in zip freezer bags for later use.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Looks like about 10 cups after I drained it.
 
Maggie and I went into town. To the post office to mail off
more old pictures I had found of friends and their children
.... taken way back maybe 25 years ago....
 
So, standing in line
and this old geezer behind me (told me he was 80) noticed my
Patriots jacket and made the stupid
statement, "I HATE the Patriots!" "And just what did they ever do
to you?" "I just hate them." "Is there anyone you DO like?"
"I was a Charger fan when I lived in San Diego and then I became
a Raiders fan." "Hmmmm..." "You know all of my family and friends like different teams, but none of us HATE another team." (In fact my friend Suz, a Bears fan, said if I ever go to Foxborough she'd go with me and
be a Patriots fan for a day! Great, huh!) So this geezer is going on and on
and I interrupt him saying, "All the teams are good, I don't dislike the
Raiders, it's their fans I don't like!" He was quiet and then I said, "All the
stupid gang bangers wear Raiders shirts/hats, etc." He said, "I wear my
Raiders shirt to church sometimes." I laughed and patted him on the
shoulder and said, "At least God loves you!" Then as I was walking out
of the PO he turned and said (His second stupid
statement!) "Tom Brady would be a better quarterback if he'd bring all
his illegitimate children to the games." I didn't even reply. There were 6 other men in line and they all looked at me, rolled their eyes, and one of them said, "He is a weirdo!"  Sigh.....
 
Historically this date...
1886Karl Benz patents the first successful gasoline-driven automobile.
1916World War I: Paris is first bombed by German zeppelins.
1936 – The first inductees into the Baseball Hall of Fame are announced.
1963 – The first inductees into the Pro Football Hall of Fame are announced.
 
And births this date include....
17371880W. C. Fields, American actor (d. 1946)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1913Victor Mature, American actor (d. 1999)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1918John Forsythe, American actor (d. 2010)
 
1940Katharine Ross, American actress
 
1954 – Oprah Winfrey, American talk show host and actress
 
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1960 – Greg Louganis, American diver
 
   
 
The sunset had nothing to shout about....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well, there were two things I liked....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
....
 
 
 
 
 
 
and Mr. Hummer that kept buzzing around my head and finally landed
in the tree..
 
 
 
 
 
 He was pretty fuzzy behind that branch.
 
We had reruns for dinner and had a roaring fire. I watched some Tivo'd shows and then the movie, "Get Shorty", 1995. A mobster/loan shark, who goes to Hollywood and discovers the movie
industry is much like his current job. It stars....
 
I cannot STAND Dennis Farina! What a putz. Reminds me of someone
I know. Anyway, there was a line in the movie that made me laugh and think of my friend, Lydia.... "What kind of writing pays the best? ... Ransom notes."
 
As we await the rain I'm going to do some laundry and mop. Oh yeah!
Have a wonderful Saturday.
 
Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom/Soupy/Sue
January 29th
National Corn Chip Day 
   
Mmmmmm.... I LOVE Fritos!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue, I am following in your foot steps today. I need to do laundry! I made my hot cross buns again yesterday, and I think I just need to add a little more yeast to the recipe! Anyway, about the old geezer, some people just outlive their usefulness! I think his brain and social graces have certainly been lost!

Anonymous said...

The geezer is sure is one disgruntled old man! I love the Dodgers (ok, so I love the underdog, screw up type). I don't hate the other teams, but I sure do hate the danged Giants & Padres fans with their infernal "beat L A" chants. The other fans I can't stand are the Atlanta fans with their stupid hatchets. Anyway, at least you put that old fart in his place :)
E

Anonymous said...

When kids were in 4h at fund raiders we sold Frito boats. The girls would cut top off small bags of Fritos , pour in a hot spoonful of chili from a crockpot. A sprinkle of onions then grated cheese. $.50.
While in Georgia last year we needed light dinner for 75 kids at teen bible study. Deb and I took Frito boats, some cautiously took them, some turned up their noses. Pretty soon kids were in line for seconds and the refusers were sampling and asking for their own. Southern kids had never seen such a thing. It was a real hit.
Del

Oregon Sue said...

Funny, Fritos is a "southern" invention, came from Texas! xo

Anonymous said...

Del,
What a great snack idea!!! I am a born southern girl who was transplated to Calif. at eight yrs old but still visited every summer. I still consider my self an Arkie! Owned cotton, etc. land there. I LOVE Fritos too. I will try that sometime! Sue, they were invented in the south? No wonder I love them! LOL

S, I loved your old geezer story! WHY is it when some folks get old they think they have a license to run their mouths and say whatever pops into their heads? My mother is one of those types.

Been gone all day. Got home and John and I cleaned out around computer desk and behind couch that's moved out in the room so they can get to the shutter frames.
For some reason my boys have saved every box having to do with electronics! Throw away time!!

I laughed out loud at the ranson note comment! Funny!

Hugs, Trisha

Anonymous said...

i love Fritos too. My mom would make us tuna sandwiches on Helm's Bakery's Hollywood bread.
on the side were Fritos. great memories.

Greg

Oregon Sue said...

My mother thought I didn't need "snacks" and I remember Linda Watterlond ALWAYS had a bag of Fritos in her lunch. I was sooooo pea green!