Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Haircut ~ Green Eyes Chard ~ Elvis' Birthday








Good 34º foggy (what else) morning. Sigh........

Except for a splashing of sunshine on Wednesday, every single day has looked like this. It's depressing. Not only that, I feel as if it's added to my cranky attitude! So, I ordered  this light therapy device made by Phillips. It simulates real UV sunlight, it's compact, portable, with a rechargeable battery and carrying case. You only need to have it on 15-20 minutes, facing you.




It is recommended by doctors and has high ratings. Worth a try. It will be here Tuesday.




Yesterday I got my hair cut/colored. Leah is my beautician. She's wonderful, pretty, funny.....


What a sense of humor! She had Kyle, her little pooch, in the shop yesterday. So sweet.....



While I was there Nancy stopped in. She was coming by to see her sister-in-law, Judy, who I didn't even realize was there and she saw my car so brought me some of her FABULOUS biscotti! We made a date for cocktails at 4.
After the haircut I went to the health food store in town. Got some 100% total absorption Life Force vitamins


and a copy of Sharrie's 'alkaline diet'. She is a nurse and also has a Master's Degree in natural health care. Very interesting to talk to.


I went home, picked up a bottle of Green Eyes Chardonnay

("Green Eyes 2008 ChardonnayLoaded with green apple, melon, and tropical flavors with spectacular aroma and crisp finish. ")  and Maggie and we went to Nancy's. Skeeter, her little Jack Russell, was happy to see Maggie. Skeets is 3 and Maggs is 11, so Maggs wasn't as thrilled. LOL  Nancy and I had a good girl gab-fest for a couple of hours! She had a couple of snacks set out... one was "Raw Natural Crispy Kale Chips". Really good! http://rhythmsuperfoods.com/  She gave me a bag and told me where the health food store was she got them at in Medford. Will pick up some more. They contain kale, zucchini, carrot, cashews, onion, coconut, lemon juice, ginger, cilantro, spices, and sea salt.


 Ok, so ... came home and had soup for dinner and a snuggy fire and watched TV.  Yawn....

Historically this date........
1835 – The United States national debt is 0 for the only time.
1877Crazy Horse and his warriors fight their last battle against the United States Cavalry at Wolf Mountain, Montana Territory.
2005 – The nuclear sub USS San Francisco collides at full speed with an undersea mountain south of Guam. One man is killed, but the sub surfaces and is repaired.

And births this date include...
1907 - Agnes Mills Williams, my aunt, my mother's sister. Born in Cananea, Mexico when my Scottish grandfather was a mining engineer in the silver/gold mines there.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cananea 
1911 – Gypsy Rose Lee, American actress and entertainer (d. 1970)






1912José Ferrer, Puerto Rican actor (d. 1992)







1926 – Soupy Sales, American comedian (d. 2009)







1935Elvis Presley, American singer (d. 1977)






1937 – Dame Shirley Bassey, Welsh singer






1938Bob Eubanks, American game show host








1942 – Yvette Mimieux, American actress



1947 – David Bowie, English musician




 All I know. Nuff said. Will be cleaning out and tossing out today...
xo Mom/Soupy/Sue
January 8th
National English Toffee Day














The best toffee you will ever eat
comes from Grants Pass Oregon!
You can order it and have it shipped.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I have been seeing a number of posts on kale chilps. Will have to try making.

I installed full spectrum lights in my study. Love them. Daytime they don't make much difference- but at night- oh my!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm English toffee covered in chocolate! Good! When I eat some See's candy the big square piece is the first one I go for.

I remember a TV show that was filmed in Alaska. It was North something. Anyway it was dark there for a long period of time. Some of the folks wore a visor with a battery operated light over their eyes. Seemd they needed sunlight therapy or depression set in.

Oh I used to love Soupy Sales! He and his puppet dog that would stick it's head into camera range would crack me up! Soupy Shuffle!

XO Trisha