Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 27, 2011

~ Globalwarmingmyass ~ Moon ~ Contrails ~ Prayer ~


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Good 28º morning. Let's have a talk, Mr. Gore.... this globalwarmingshit is bunk. Just ask anyone in the Northeast ...  
 
or right here in So. Oregon!!!!!
 
Interesting sky this morning... fog and the moon and a jet plane!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got quite a bit of house stuff done yesterday and even stacked wood on the porch. Didn't do any cooking as I had reruns in the fridge. Not a lot to tell.... I did come across more pictures I put in envelopes and will mail off to those in the pictures... some oldies ..
 
 
Then.... my neighbor's dog, Shiloh, escaped AGAIN! She ran down here with "gay abandon"!! What a sweet little girl. Her folks, Gerard and Maria, saw her escape under the fence so they were headed down here when I saw her at my gate. I sat on the porch and she tried to get into my lap. She loves hugs! Funny little sweetie.
 
Historically this date....

  • 1939 – First flight of the Lockheed P-38 Lightning.

  • 1967Apollo program: Apollo 1Astronauts Gus Grissom, Edward White and Roger Chaffee are killed in a fire during a test of their spacecraft at the Kennedy Space Center.

  • 1984 – Pop singer Michael Jackson suffers second degree burns to his scalp during the filming of a Pepsi commercial in the Shrine Auditorium.

  • 2006Western Union discontinues its Telegram and Commercial Messaging services.

  •    I only sent one once, to my husband when I found out I was pg with Kristen.. he was stationed at Edwards AFB at the time..... (this was George, not Jerry) , but never received a telegram. Did you?

  •  
    And births this date include......
    1756Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Austrian composer (d. 1791)
     
     
    1832Lewis Carroll, English author (d. 1898)
     
        ... wrote Alice In Wonderland...
     
     
    1918Skitch Henderson, English bandleader (d. 2005)
     I sure liked him on Johnny Carson ... better any day than that idiot on Letterman...Paul Shaffer..,who makes my teeth hurt... well, so does Letterman. A bigger idiot!!!
     
    1921Donna Reed, American actress (d. 1986)
     
     
     
    1936Troy Donahue, American actor (d. 2001) 
     
     
     
     
    Donahue spent his last few years with his fiancée, mezzo-soprano Zheng Cao. He died of a heart attack at the age of 65 on September 2, 2001. His A Summer Place co-star Dorothy McGuire died the following week (Sep 13th).
     
     
     
    1940James Cromwell, American actor
     
     
     
    1964Bridget Fonda, American actress
     
     
     
     
    A Prayer for 2011
    Dear God:


    For 2011, all I ask for is a big fat bank account and a slim body.
    Please do not mix up the two like you did last year.


    Amen
     
    Sunset was spectacular, again... I just love the contrails. They fascinate me .. and then they too turned pinkish-orange!
     
     
     
    All I know. I have some squash and a pumpkin that will go bad if I don't do something with them. Think I will cook them, dice them, and mix with diced sweet potato and maybe some bacon for some kind of a room temp salad... Will see....
     
    My friend, Candy, is having an eye surgery today and I wish her the best, will be thinking about her......Also Debbie is having a root canal thing. Thinkin' boutcha too Deb!!!! HUGS. 
     
    It's Thursday all day today. Will continue on with my 'cleaning' mission.  Nuff said. Ciao.
    xo Mom/Soupy/Sue
    January 27th
    National Chocolate Cake Day
     
    OMG, that sooooo makes me drool.
    Reminds me of family gatherings when I
    was little and my sister Marion, who was
    9 years older, and I would mix our chocolate
    cake with vanilla ice cream into a big gooey
    mess. We would be banished from the
    dining room to the breakfast room because
    we were too "gross" for everyone else!!! LOL

    9 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    LOL That's a cute story Sue about your cake and ice cream! Kids, huh?

    I love the prayer! LOL L,if you say the prayer at the meeting tonight, there's a good one for you to say! teehee Bears repeating!

    Beeeutiful sky photos! You do take some good ones!

    Hugs, Trisha

    Oregon Sue said...

    Thanks, T. Yes, L should say that prayer at the meeting. She'll get applause!! ox

    Anonymous said...

    I have a Telegram that my dad sent to my mom, telling her where she and my Aunt Helen and Uncle Andy should meet him when they got married secretly at Fort Benning, GA. Pretty special, along with letters he sent her and my grandmother. He had beautiful handwriting, because he went to Catholic school and they would practice every day.....it never worked on me. He would call my mom "Funny Face", I love that old song done by Ella Fitzgerald. She called him Mr Paganini, I digress.

    He went home the week after and my Grandmother made them get married in church (Easter Sunday) and then he left the next day for the South Pacific. Grandma just knew my mom was pg......I was born 3 years later.

    Sandy

    Lydia said...

    I remember watching An Incovenient Truth sitting next to local scientist. Most charts that went up- Gore would read his script- and the scientist said, "That is not what that chart says." The inconvenient truth is that high production values do not make representations honest facts.

    I repeated the prayer to God- and He said to me, "Lydia, YOU are responsible for which account you add deposits. I just add interest."

    Oregon Sue said...

    L, you make me laugh!!! xo

    Anonymous said...

    Again you have given us some great pictures to view. Burr, it certainly is cold in southern Oregon.

    In yesterday's mail, I received a "birthday" gift of a free dinner when one was ordered from Black Angus's menu, so Dick and I will dine there next Thursday, my birthday. I made an appoinment to have a hair cut that day, as well.

    My dress from China was shipped yesterday, so it most likely will be here by my birthday. It is shipped through EMS the US postal service's service from China. I also ordered a small hat. It was shiped last Saturday, and I tracked it yesterday and it had cleared customs in San Francico.

    Well, I need to think of something for dinner, maybe Salisbury Steak.

    Dick and the fellows he listns to say global warming is a joke. About it for now ..
    Sarah

    Anonymous said...

    Great pictures of the morning fog, moon, jet plane, & contrail!
    I sent one telegram to Spence who was on "Westpac" that our "7 1/2 pound, screaming, baby boy has arrived". We still have that telegram. No, never received one.
    .....A Prayer for 2011: Cute, very cute - but all too true, especially after all the holiday stuffing I've been doing.
    Enjoy the rest of the day and your cleaning mission :)
    E.

    Anonymous said...

    Can't stand Paul Schaffer- he parrots every thing David Letterman says. I almost barfed when I read that Valerie Bertonellie DATED him. Ugh! Luv- t and g

    Oregon Sue said...

    We certainly are on the same page!~!! WHAT was Valerie thinking???? xo