Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

~ 30 Degrees ~ New Jobs ~ Peanut Brittle ~


Good 30º morning. Fog too. At least the "crew" let me sleep in until 7am. Yeah!
So, yesterday I babied myself with the Zicam, vitamin C, tea, fruit, and Dr. Zinc. Didn't do much else. Sat here. Did go get my mail, take trash, and pick up some spaghetti Patty and Cliff left for me at PJ's. Sounds/looks interesting.... she had two kinds of pasta and put in creamed corn. Will review....
I had cooked the big ham I found in the freezer all night Monday with a can of crushed pineapple and some brown sugar. There were a few outside places that had freezer burn, so cut them off. It tasted WONDERFUL!
Dinner last night: cut up ham mixed with butternut squash stuffed ravioli (from Costco), fresh mozzarella balls, and a light buttery olive oil sauce. 
   
Cook the ravioli, drain. I reconstituted some dried sliced garlic and some dried diced onion in the marinade from the fresh mozzarella. Heat the garlic, onion with the marinade (about 2 T.)  and some julienned sun dried tomato,  and diced celery. Sauté a few minutes.
  Add cut grape tomatoes, the ham,
a couple pats of butter
and the mozzarella balls.
Add the ravioli and mix well. Heat through. Voilá.
Speaking of ham.... here is something fun... Draw a pig... and get analyzed.
<My drawing.

Historically this date.....

And births this date include....

1941Scott Glenn, American actor
 
1944Angela Davis, American feminist and activist
1955Eddie Van Halen, Dutch musician (Van Halen)  
   Drugs certainly make an
improvement, don't they!!
1958 – Ellen DeGeneres, American actress and comedian
1961 – Wayne Gretzky, Canadian ice hockey player
How about we all lighten up on the President. After all he is getting people jobs....
.... why just a couple of months ago, he got jobs for 63 Republicans.  Way to go Prez. You da man.
Last night's sunset....
The first one at 5:15 and the second at 5:30.
After dinner we had a fire and watched The Closer and a wonderful PBS show Pioneers of Television - Westerns. Wonderful! Brought back so many memories. If you get a chance, check your listings and see it!
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Wednesday. Ciao.
xo Mom/Soupy/Sue
January 26th
National Peanut Brittle Day

1920 – Former Ford Motor Company executive Henry Leland launches the Lincoln Motor Company which he later sold to his former employer.
2005Glendale train crash: Two trains derail killing 11 and injuring 200 in Glendale, California, near Los Angeles.

8 comments:

Lydia said...

Good morning. My husband says I can't have the peanut brittle, but I'm sure to find something evil for me to eat when he's not looking.

The President's speech last night had a nice opening and nice closing. His remarks regarding Giffords were far superior to his mistatement about the Supreme Court last year.

However, the bulk of the content was bi-polar. It over-reached the space.

Speaking of space- the programs he referenced early on of American capablility- I wrote about those same products earlier this month. Every single one was a product of a goal.

President Kennedy did not say we are going to build microwaves and gps. He set the goal- we are going to the moon- the engineers and scientists determined what we needed to do to land safely. Kids went to college not because they were told they had to- but because they wanted to be a part of something larger.

In shoft- President Kennedy understood he could not be both chief and the Indians.

May our President come to that understanding. It would be healthier.

Oregon Sue said...

You are too nice, L. He's on a power trip. Period. :o)

Anonymous said...

Whooo hooo we represent the Sundried tomato line in your picture. I need to send you some free stuff

Love you
Your Italian Son

Anonymous said...

Sue,

WHOO HOO is right! Free stuff!! Neat!!

Well last night as I sat on the Frank Luntz Focus Group panel screen with all the buttons, it was therapeutic! I got to click away at the things I did not like and there were so many things that I did like. However, even when he would say the right things I didn't believe he was genuine! Just some feel good words! Most of his speech could have been given by a Republican president!
The one that I had the most negative reactions to were the comments about all the kids going to college and giving them a chance to ........whatever he said! Fine! However, what he has in mind is sending the kids of illegals to college on OUR dime! No thank you!! I have sent four thru college and a d-i-l thru a semester which cost more than any of my sons for a year I think! No, he was absolutely over reaching!!
Was it my imagination or were there fewer applause and standing up interruptions? Also found it odd he didn't introduce anyone in the gallery!! I guess he didn't want to share the spot light with anyone!

We have some unopened peanut brittle that Kevin and Deb gave dad for Christmas. hmmmmm good stuff!

Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Since I didn't watch the State of the Union fiasco, I can't comment. I do, however, have it Tivo'd, so when I am in the mood, I'll watch. Thanks T. ox

Anonymous said...

I thought the jobs comment for Republicans was hilarious!
You da woman Sue!!!

John

Oregon Sue said...

LOL, thanks John!!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog always makes me hungry
Mike