Total Pageviews

Monday, March 13, 2017

Moon ~ 1st Place Sami ~ Rick Castro ~ Omaha Steak ~ K-9 Veteran's Day


Good 39º scattered clouds morning.
I can't believe how stupid I am!!! Yesterday was the full moon and I showed the wrong moon phase. DUH. Sorry. I guess the time change had me discombobuled ! 



On Saturday Sami was in a gymnastics meet in Ashland. She took 1 3rd place, 3 1st places, and won 1st place all around! WOW, great job Sami!!!!




But today is a special day.... friend Rick Castro, aka Kickstand (LASD ret) is celebrating a birthday today. (This is quite a birthday for you Ricky!!! LOL, I won't cop to your age!) With his bride Lynda (LASD ret):

When I worked ELA and Rick was a Chief and would be on his way to the station.... I would make sure the trustees knew and kept a parking space close to the door available for him. Ha ha ha... sometime later one of the trustees said they thought that it was my husband I was saving a parking space for!

Have a GREAT day Kickstand!! Love you both!!! xoxoxo

Historically this date..........
1930 – The news of the discovery of Pluto is telegraphed to the Harvard College Observatory.



1938 – World News Roundup is broadcast for the first time on CBS Radio in the United States.



1943 – The HolocaustGerman forces liquidate the Jewish ghetto in Kraków.



1957 – Cuban student revolutionaries storm the presidential palace in Havana in a failed attempt on the life of President Fulgencio Batista.



1991 – The United States Department of Justice announces that Exxon has agreed to pay $1 billion for the clean-up of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska.



1997 – The Phoenix lights are seen over Phoenix, Arizona by hundreds of people, and by millions on television.



2000 – Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino retires from the National Football Leagueafter 17 seasons.



2008 – Gold prices on the New York Mercantile Exchange hit $1,000 per ounce for the first time.






And births this date include.....
1935 – Leslie Parrish, American actress
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qN14U7oLnOE/T19hbrZnccI/AAAAAAAATsE/bO1MMb5aQk8/s1600/leslieMA28961343-0020.jpg
She must be reclusive, there are no current photos of her.



1939 – Neil Sedaka, American singer and songwriter
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-x-dN2SxzmnY/T19hhTMMjfI/AAAAAAAATsM/MNrdSOqBIYA/s1600/neilMA28961343-0021.jpghttp://2.bp.blogspot.com/-P4vCAeVKcy0/T19hjxBUMFI/AAAAAAAATsU/uVfSHkNwzPU/s1600/neil2MA28961343-0022.jpg






1950 – William H. Macy, American actor
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-U6j9RGtvl4I/T19hqBRlYfI/AAAAAAAATsc/2sAWY4XmNGU/s1600/williamMA28961343-0023.jpg







1956 – Dana Delany, American actress
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NztfPSfbz2c/T19huDDNxJI/AAAAAAAATsk/KwhBsze-qLE/s1600/danaMA28961343-0024.jpg
Later I put Dude in the car and took the trash to the road and then to Ray's Market to check out their corned beef. They had a 2 for sale. Good deal, ended up $2.99 a pound. I got the carrots, celery, Guinness beer, potatoes, and some peanuts for the cake.... but, unfortunately when I got home I discovered I didn't have enough butter to make the cake. Dang! I guess it will have to wait until Wednesday.

Dinner was an Omaha steak and some roasted root veggies (sweet potato, cauliflower, yellow carrots, red onions, and I added some bell pepper. These came from Omaha also. http://www.omahasteaks.com/shop/  ) The veggies I tossed with olive oil and some garlic salt and roasted them in the oven. The steak cooked in the Air Fryer...



Ahhhhhh..... chair, wine, TV.
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
March 13th
K-9 Veterans Day


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you forget to buy cabbage too? John picked up a head for me yesterday. I cooked the corned beef all day in the crock. It was soooo good and tender. Even John liked it. :)

I paid $1.99 at Stater's for four of the point cut ones. Accidentally had a flat cut included in the five when I got to the register. Bought it anyway. Don't know what I paid for that one.

Oh by the way. Since I didn't have a dark beer I used Miller Lite. lol It turned out just fine.

OH YES!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO SAMI!! She is amazing and quite the little athlete!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Oh yes, I got the cabbage too... just forgot to say that, T. Yes, Sami might go for Olympics one day! xo

Olga Duran said...

Where did you get the air frier? I'm thinking Bubba could use one. Make cooking easier and faster after the baby arrives

Oregon Sue said...

http://www.powerairfryer.com/

I love it!!!