Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Jerry Wayne Maxwell 12-2-40 - 2-12-07

Today is the 6th anniversary of Jerry's passing. Time means nothing. I miss him every single day as if this was the first day. I did have a great fun dream about him the other night.
                              RIP my Darling! ♥

Funny thing how numbers were always a part of our life ..... his birth on 12-2 and death on 2-12. Another weird thing, he died at 2:20! My birthday on the 2nd also, his dad and my Kristen born on Halloween. His mom and my Brian born on Valentine's Day. His son Aaron born on Tax Day and so was my grandson Jack. Granddaughter Sami born on the 2nd and grandson Tucker born on th 20th.


 

                                                 YUMMMMMM......
Jerry on his military mule with Maggie and Spanky
 
                              Mr. Harley ... and Jack!
 
 1987 with Bob St.Clair, Jerry, Don Johnston, Dennis Howell, Ed Bennett (he passed away a month before Jerry in a motorcycle collision with a train.) All worked at Temple together.
 
 
 
 I was working myself to the front of the line!  
 
Brush-hogging the pastures on his 1940 Ford 9N...
 
He loved his cigars!
He used to buy them from Rau Cigars on Beverly and Vermont in LA. Hand rolled. Cuban tobacco. Every time he'd take a cigar band off the cigar he'd ask me if I liked music. Of course I said, "yes"... and he'd say "Good, then here's a whole band" while slipping the cigar band on my finger.
 
 
... and he loved his Maggie! Mutual.  

Not long after Jerry died I made the mistake of saying something about "your Daddy" which Maggie knew as Jerry.... she wagged her tail, wanted outside, and she sat on the porch and spent the whole day looking towards the gate waiting for her 'Daddy' to come home. I sat inside and cried!
 
My Darling...
 
With baby Jack and Alex.... 
 
...and with baby Tucker...
 
and this is the picture I love the most....
 
      ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Touching tribute to Jerry....
Becky and I are glad we had the privilege
of meeting him. Greg

Anonymous said...

Sue: What wonderful memories for you. Great pictures, so why am I crying while looking at these??? You were (and Jerry also) were so blessed for the time you had with each other.
My thoughts and prayers are with you today... (Maggie too) Dee

Lydia said...

Hugs.

Any man who can make a pass with a cigar band must have been divine to live with.

Not even death passes between those who truly love.

Prayers to you.

Anonymous said...

In that graduation photo, count two hats to Jerry’s left, and that’s me!

I miss Jerry, too.

Ben

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I do understand how tough this is on you, and I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain. I guess just being my insane self might help a little. Glad Bruiser was with you. c u later. xo J

Anonymous said...

sending hugs, we miss Jerry too. Dave so enjoyed gun shows and stuff with him. great picks, always remember him showing up on the mule with a dog or three. p.j.& d.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED ALL THE PICTURES!! What a great guy - and such a looker!! You were BEAUTIFUL as well...still are in my book, just little older!! Yes I know what you mean about Maggie...looking for Jerry - they just don't understand where their loved ones go... that is why it upsets me so much when an older dog owner passes their kids or neighbors take the dog to the pound...breaks my heart...they loose their family, their home and now in a cold/strange place....people! I know you wish you had another 25 yrs with the love of your life, I do too - but thank GOD you have such wonderful memories of your love of each other to keep you going...and your family and friends too...XOXO - Be strong!! NancyS

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

I really enjoyed all the pictures of Jerry, you and the kids. It brought back memories. And, yes, he was very handsome and you looked so beautiful. Marie

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt Sue, I know you know that Jerry lives on forever in your heart and those whose lives were touched by him. My prayers are with you today.

Love,

Laura

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend,

What a beautiful tribute to the love of your life. I regret not having known him. Only met him once. Sounds like he was a great husband, father, friend and deputy.
He will always be alive in your heart and is a part of you.
Hugs to you on this day.

XOXOXO Trisha

Anonymous said...

Really nice pictures of Jerry,You and Family. It just does not seem that long ago that we lost are love mates. Art passed away January 24 2003. Joanie

Anonymous said...

Hi sue. I love all the pictures of aarons dab. I almost cry because grandmother said he is a very nice and funny man. How i wish he still alive... i know how you missed him so much because my mother feel the same as you do. Im sorry sue. But! You can call aaron whenever you want because hes jerry the 2nd!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi sue. I love all the pictures of aarons dab. I almost cry because grandmother said he is a very nice and funny man. How i wish he still alive... i know how you missed him so much because my mother feel the same as you do. Im sorry sue. But! You can call aaron whenever you want because hes jerry the 2nd!!!

Oregon Sue said...

Thank you all!! Thank you Marie. You would have liked him!! xoxox