Total Pageviews

Friday, January 25, 2013

Electricity Back On ~ New Power Pole

Good 43º drizzly morning.

Yesterday the power company was to arrive, I thought early, but they had some vehicle problems and suddenly at 10:45 the electricity went off. No crew here yet. Then they showed up..... said it would take 4-5 hours to complete the setting of the new utility pole.

I enjoyed having 4 good looking men here in my yard all afternoon! LOL. The ages of my children! All very nice. Here is a collection of photos I took during the process...

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital slideshow created with Smilebox

 
** Remember the date, and names and occurrences are links to more information.
Historically this date...
1858 – The Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn is played at the marriage of Queen Victoria's daughter, Victoria, and Friedrich of Prussia, and becomes a popular wedding recessional.
1915Alexander Graham Bell inaugurates U.S. transcontinental telephone service, speaking from New York to Thomas Watson in San Francisco.
1961 – In Washington, D.C. John F. Kennedy delivers the first live presidential television news conference.
1971Charles Manson and three female "Family" members are found guilty of the 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders.
And births this date include....
1936Diana Hyland, American actress (d. 1977)
.... she died at 41 years old and in John Travolta's arms....



 
1945 – Leigh Taylor-Young, American actress



 
1951Steve Prefontaine, American runner (d. 1975)


1981 – Alicia Keys, American singer



 
 
All I know. TGIF. Ciao. Can you believe it's been a month since Christmas!! Valentine's Day, Easter, Halloween galloping up on us!!!
xo Sue Mom Bobo
January 25th
National Irish Coffee Day
 







1 1/2 oz Irish whiskey
1 tsp brown sugar
6 oz hot coffee
heavy cream slowly poured on top or whipped

 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots of the power company replacing your pole. Quite the procedure. At least without your electricity on you had great entertainment!
Interesting read about Diana Hyland. I use to watch Eight is Enough all the time and forgot that she appeared on the first few episodes. Very sad death.
I guess we all better get shopping again, and get ready for Christmas. Yikes!!! The older we get the faster time zooms by. Why is that? sigh
Have a wonderful day and we will chat later. xo
Jeannie

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks BFF.... It was fun watching the pole setting. Never saw what goes into something like that before. You have a fun afternoon! xo

Anonymous said...

Jeannie said what I was thinking AGAIN! lol
Great entertainment without electricity. Interesting procedure. You should send your Smilebox to the power company. They would probably like to see the fine and efficient work their men do. :) Just glad it wasn't raining or snowing!

Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Timing was right. Pouring rain now. I gave the supervisor my blog address and told them I would be putting pictures up. xo

Unknown said...

New pole - very interesting. I like that there are no cross bars. Will the phone com take out the old one? Or will Pacific Power come back out and remove it??
I think I will have an Irish Coffee later on -Yum - i learned how to make them from the Buena VIsta in San Francisco. They use sugar cubes - brown sugar sounds yummy though.
Also loved your tilapia dish from the night before.
Are you going to the round up this year? Bruce and I ARE going this year and hope you are!!

Love, Gail

Oregon Sue said...

Hi Gail... the power company will come back and get the pole. Wish I could go to the roundup, but won't be able to this time. :o( xo

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the music you chose!! It made me giggle. An insulator not a fudgecicle!! lol.

It seems like Gary's Mom collected insulators that were blue and green coloured glass. They were more bell shaped. Is that the same thing? Love your smile box!! If I had a business I would hire you to create one for me!! Great job!! Love t and g

Anonymous said...

AND... now I want an Irish Coffee to go with my fudgecicle! he-he

Oregon Sue said...

Mmmmm...irish coffee.

As for the insulator, there are different kinds. Go to this site to see the old fashioned collectable ones.. .I have a few of those too..
http://www.stormlake-ia.com/bvchs/insulators.html

The three I got yesterday go on the guy-wires that anchor the poles.

Anonymous said...

Glad it's back on and LOVED THE MUSIC........ rich

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.Never watched workmen install a pole with such excitement..Must have been the music..
Mike

Oregon Sue said...

Mike, I have never seen a pole installed. But you are right, the music did a lot for it!! xo

Anonymous said...

Isn't Sue Talented??

Oregon Sue said...

LOL, which part????

Anonymous said...

All of it! It looked better than some commercials I've seen! t and g