Total Pageviews

Monday, December 17, 2012

Cheesy Potatoes w/ Egg ~ Guacamole ~ Alyssa ~ Dave & Nancy's


Good 41º pouring windy morning. Rained all night. We now have 1½" since yesterday. Kayaking time in my seasonal creek!!! Maggie keeping vigil on the porch......


Remember I fixed the cheesy mashed potatoes and added green beans to them? Well for breakfast I heated the potato bean mix in a frying pan and then added a couple eggs. Really good!!!




On my way to Central Point and the JCRW lunch the other day I had to stop for a train. You can't turn onto the street that the train crosses until the train is gone. Interesting sign... just a red light won't do.




Watching the Rachael Ray Show the other day and she had a chef on, Rick Bayless, and he made 5 kinds of guacamole. Co-host was Carson Daly. They all sounded GOOD!!!! And he included his Margarita recipe....
 
My friend, Suzanne Santisteven (ret LASD .. hubby Phil LASD) is celebrating her daughter, Alyssa's 14th birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALYSSA!!!
Historically this date...
1903 – The Wright Brothers make their first powered and heavier-than-air flight in the Wright Flyer at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina.
.... what they started!
1969 – Project Blue Book: The United States Air Force closes its study of UFOs, stating that sightings are generated as a result of "A mild form of mass hysteria, Individuals who fabricate such reports to perpetrate a hoax or seek publicity, psychopathological persons, and misidentification of various conventional objects."
1997 – The United Kingdom commences its Firearms (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 1997, which extends the state's gun ban to include all handguns—with the exception of antique and show weapons.
And births this date include...
1894Arthur Fiedler, American conductor (d. 1979)
... my most favorite conductor! Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops!
 
1927Richard Long, American actor (d. 1974)
 
1947Wes Studi, American actor
 
1953 – Barry Livingston, American actor

 
1953 – Bill Pullman, American actor
 
Yesterday I went to Dave and Nancy's for Christmas Cheer. Nancy had made a delicious salsa, Dave fixed crackers with pickle, cream cheese,smoked salmon, and topped it with some sweet chili sauce (my homemade I gave them). YUMMMMY!!! I took the jalapeno popper spread. We had a great visit and the food was awesome!

 
Thanks Nancy & Dave. And, lucky me, I got to bring home some of Nancy's biscotti (to die for!)
 
and she also made lemon ricotta cookies! OMGOOD!!!!!
 
And of course, Skeeter was her charming self... a happy little love!
 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Monday. Ciao.
 
xo Sue Mom Bobo :o(
December 17th
National Maple Syrup Day

 

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Happy birthday Alyssa! Watch out for all those wonderful cooks in Oregon):-

Breakfast is why leftovers were invented.

Anonymous said...

teehee Skeeter is sooo cute! I know you and everyone else thought it but he sure looks like the pooch on the Little Rascals!

You sure had some good looking eats on th blog today!! I got a peek at your popper dish. It doesn't look like you topped yours off with shredded cheese. That's what I did. Did you find that you couldn't eat too much at a time because of the richness? Oh so yummy!
Oh those cookies!!!!! YUMMY! I have been saying I need to make some Christmas cookies. IF my achin back would stop complaining while I work in the kitchen I will probably make them later this week. I guess the weekend since this week is packed.
I made brownies and decorated them yesterday since I have to take something sweet to a party today.
We enjoyed some for dessert last night.

XOXO Trisha

Anonymous said...

The little happening looks like so much fun! And those cookies? Wow!! t and g

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks L!

T, yes and Skeeter is a "little rascal" ! I mixed a cup of Panko with a cup of Parmesan cheese and put that on top and sprayed it with cooking spray. One recipe I saw said to put on melted butter, but thought that a bit too much!

I'm going to get the cookie recipe from Nancy! I'll share. Soooo good. xo