Total Pageviews

Friday, November 2, 2012

Super Hero Family ~ Temple Station ~ Fishy Dinner ~ Deviled Eggs

Good 41º foggy morning. Will be cloudy and a "chance" of rain tonight.

 
Here are some pictures of Brian Jen Tucker & Sami on Halloween... The 'Super' Family ... after all Mary Poppins was a superwoman too!



My friend Joan PC, with whom I have been on several cruises with, has a daughter, Patty, in Roseland New Jersey. Their power will be off 7-10 days according to the message she got from PSE&G. Patty's daughter, Amanda, is in college about 20 minutes away from her home. Patty went to Amanda's college and picked up the girls left in the dorm quad and brought them to her house. What a gal! She, fortunately has a gas stove, but all the frozen food is thawing. She will be cooking for these girls and using that thawing food! I know their families are so relieved they are in good hands!


 
Historically this date...
1898Cheerleading is started at the University of Minnesota with Johnny Campbell leading the crowd in cheering on the football team.

1959Quiz show scandals: Twenty One game show contestant Charles Van Doren admits to a Congressional committee that he had been given questions and answers in advance.

 

Gots to share this..... Temple Station 1970's....
Audrey Black, Jeanette Cleaves, Carol Freeman, Jan Thompson, and Patty Holroyd Fant.

Weren't they cute!!!
Audrey was a sweetheart. Jeanette a great gal and partnered with Jerry occasionally. She ended up moving to Bend Oregon and retired as a Capt there. Jerry and I went to her retirement. Carol was a Sgt but was patrol trained by Jerry. Didn't know Jan very well, but Patty worked at the desk and then the BC Range with Jerry. Jerry and I went to her and Phil's wedding. Remember it well. First cocktails, then the ceremony! LOL.


And births this date include....
1734Daniel Boone American explorer (d. 1820)


1755Marie Antoinette, Queen of France (d. 1793)




1913Burt Lancaster, American actor (d. 1994)



1942 – Stefanie Powers, American actress



1966 – David Schwimmer, American actor
                                        ....lose the hat, dude!



Dinner was fishy.....
 



I fixed this yummy Coconut Cashew Rice I got at Target. You just microwave it 45 seconds. Then I sauteéd, in butter, some white fish, put it on the rice, and made a sauce with my cucumber relish and Baconnaise! WOW, really really good!


Yesterday as I was trying to catch up and get my blog finished my friend PatT called and was on her way into town and wanted to know if I could 'golf cart it down to the road' as she had something to give me. She had made and canned some green salsa and some of her grandmother's tomato sauce.
YUMMMM! Next fish gets the green salsa on it! Probably mixed with mayonnaise. (you know me....) I tasted it already Pat, OMGOOD!! Great salsa. Just the right amount of heat. Thanks!!!! Share the recipe????


And "Dessert" you ask..... both from Albertson's bakery....

How about a Chocolate Snickers Caramel Tort?


....or Baklava and Sweets.......
Ok, now to work out!!!!!!!!!! (yeah, right.)


I'm learning something new .... but it's a slow process with my limited abilities.... Here are two photos I took of "Fall" ....



And then I'm trying to learn how to "knit" photos together... first one:

I'll get it all figured out one of these days! Pretty good for first attempt! Just like getting to Carnegie Hall, practice practice practice!!

All I know. TGIF. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
November tooth.
National Deviled Egg Day (be still my heart!)


 
I LOVE pesto in my deviled eggs. Try adding smashed avocado, spinach pesto, thousand island dressing instead of mayo, stick a shrimp on top!, use Baconnaise instead of reg mayo or the new Kraft Sandwich Shop mayos, put fake crab in the egg mixture, use your imagination!

Check these recipes:
Stephen's Deviled Egg Salad
Sam's devilled eggs with homemade mayo - ("devilled" is British for "deviled")Crab meat deviled eggs from Soul Food KitchenDeviled eggs with sour cream and chives from Delicious! Delicious!3 types of deviled eggs from Jennifer of Domestic GoddessEstonian deviled eggs from Pille of Nami-NamiDeviled egg chicks from Weelicious

6 comments:

Lydia said...

We all knew you had a Super family):-
Pesto deviled eggs are my favorite. Thanks for letting me know tonight is their night.

Super blog today.

Oregon Sue said...

Wow, L, we're on the same page with the deviled eggs! I like to make the pesto sometimes from baby spinach too. YUMMMM. Thanks L! xo

Anonymous said...

Your "stitched" photos are good.... and I love the Halloween picture of your family. Jen is one busy gal doing all the things she does. Reminds me of her mother-in-law..... Dee

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks Dee!!! Jen does have lots of talent. She can throw the BEST party! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love love the Super Family! I copied the photo to my computer so I can share it with Kevin. He is a devout Superman fan and he will love it. recently he did a month long program with his pastor at their church every Sunday morning. It was a skit type thing with just the two of them and Kev was the Super Hero. Now all the folks there call him that and he loves it! lol
Your photos look great and your food......it's a mean thing to do to us as it makes us so hungry first thing in the morning!:)
Love seeing the lady deputies from way back when....! As a young wife I detested the thought of my hubby having a female deputy partner! I told him he would spend more time with her than with me! So true.

Hugs!! XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Kevin will certainly like the Super pictures! I am going to post your Halloween Isabella tomorrow. I have tried the friending FB thing with Kevin, but to no avail. I want to see that video!!! Yes, true when you are working a car or a detail with a partner, you are spending 8+ hours together. Trust is at both ends! xo