Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Jake ~ Grandson Jack Drumming ~ Clay Show ~ TJ's ~ Gary Sinise ~ Burgers


Good 38º gloomy cold wet morning. Quite a bit of precipitation yesterday. On and off, light and pouring. Sun came out for a few minutes too.


Whoooo hoooo... .today is my pal Erika's dog Jake's birthday. Well, he's not actually Erika and Spencer's dog, Erika and Spencer are owned by Jake! Woof woof and lick lick lick from Maggie and me! (sorry, Harley refuses to participate!)
Erika... is he really 11 ???

 
Historically this date....
1307William Tell shoots an apple off his son's head.

1493Christopher Columbus first sights the island now known as Puerto Rico.

1926George Bernard Shaw refuses to accept the money for his Nobel Prize, saying, "I can forgive Alfred Nobel for inventing dynamite, but only a fiend in human form could have invented the Nobel Prize".
..........gee, ya think someone in the White House shudda refused too, because there was NO good reason for him to get it! GAG.

1928 – Release of the animated short Steamboat Willie, the first fully synchronized sound cartoon, directed by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, featuring the third appearances of cartoon characters Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse. This is also considered by the Disney corporation to be Mickey's birthday.


And births this date include....
1923 – Alan Shepard, American astronaut (d. 1998)


1939 – Brenda Vaccaro, American actress


1942Linda Evans, American actress


1968 – Owen Wilson, American actor and film-writer

Yesterday my daughter Kristen posted her son's drumming recital on Youtube. Jack is awesome!!!! He comes in the auditorium with the drummers from the school band, then his drum teacher talks (too long) and then Jack plays. He had just gotten soooooo good. Started taking lessons when he was 7. He's almost 14.
(If you click on the pause button, then let the video progress to about half way, then take the red button and move it halfway to where it says 5:35 and then watch...pressing the play button, otherwise it's too long with other than Jack drumming)


PJ, Dee, and I headed to the Clay Folk show at the Medford Armory yesterday...
 

Lots and lots of fun clay knickknacks and coffee cups and rice/chopstick dishes and plates and ornaments .... I like the rabbit on the coffee cup handle, the piggy face, and the lizards...



This lady, Julia Abbot Janeway
( Click here: Irreverent Ceramics by Pumphouse Studios Julia by pumphousestudios ) with a studio in Ashland caught my eye. LOVED her plates!

 
.... the cow plates... all cows had ear tags... "LOL" and "WTF" !!! and LOVED the crows in bonnets!
 
 
THEN................ we went to the new Trader Joe's!!
YEAH. Got guacamole hummus, orzo pasta, $2 Buck Chuck Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon (well, here in Orygun it's $2.49), mushroom herb risotto, mini cheese ravioli, tortellini with mixed cheese filling, and 4 small Globe artichokes. Such fun. Gotta go back soon!
AND THEN.............. GARY SINISE was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
 
OMG!!!!! Be still my heart! AND he was soooooooooo nice too! Beautiful wife. HOW EXCITING WAS THAT!!!! Thanks Gary for letting me take your picture! :o)
 
 
 
After all that excitement we needed a glass of wine so we headed to
 
....where we got our wine and some of the most awesome hamburgers ever! PJ had a Guacamole burger with bacon and tomato ....
 
and I had a Pepper Jack burger with bacon and tomato....
 
Sorry, Dee had an equally good burger (as evidenced by she and PJ finishing all their burger AND monster fries!) but I didn't get a picture of hers! I managed to eat about 2/3 of my burger, but I did eat all the awesome onion rings! Then home.......... to my chair, stuffed!
Some recipes tomorrow!


All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
November 18th
National Vichyssoise Day
... a hot or cold soup made with leeks and potatoes. Awesomely good. This is my favorite recipe from the JOY of Cooking cookbook. (Mine as you can see has been a busy cook book!)
 


 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I woke up craving a burger and now this????? lol Even the wine looks sooooo good. Starving!

The plates with the owls etc caught my eye! Stunning. I had to read right away. I'm going to watch the youtube video- after I eat.....lol Famished!!! Looks like a fun day!!

Oregon Sue said...

LOL, ok famished friend, who ever you are!!! xo

Lydia said...

Gary Senise is an American Hero of mine. Glad to know he hangs out in the "best" neighborhoods- which are wherever my friends are.
Speaking of Puerto Rico- the islanders voted in favor of statehood. With the push for English in schools- working out the tax code- my hunch is in about a decade we will have full rights of other American citizens wherever we live.

Oregon Sue said...

I just don't know what to say! xo

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I just love a drum line! My favorite part in a marching band. Jack is awesome on the drums! AOL pooped out part way thru so I watched it on Google Chrome. Great! What are his career plans for the future?
OMG lucky you to meet Gary S. What an American hero he is!! Does he live up there close to you? I'll bet he was super nice.

I cannot believe the burgers! Oh how yummy looking!! It's only 10 a.m. and now I want a burger for breakfast!!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks re Jack. No plans that I know of. He loves drumming. As for Gary, see the continuing saga on tomorrow's blog. AND, yes I had the rest of my burger for breakfast! YUMMMMMMY!!!! xo