Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2012

Damn Computer ~ Crab Stuffed Trout ~ Carrot Cake


Good 27º morning. Up early tinkering with my computer and hopefully .......

Yesterday was spent sitting here trying to figure out how to bring my computer back to status quo. AOL dumped on me. Taking away most of the address book. Still some I can't find, but have most.


I tried EVERYTHING I could think of...defraging, restoring, clearing cache, and updating security..... Installing AOL over the existing. Then I decided to completely uninstall AOL, restart computer, and then reinstall it. Works fine again. I lost my tool bar and have to find all my favs that went on there and lost all my signatures and my saved unsent mail, but that's minor. At least we're up and running! YEAH. What a pain in the 'you know'!

We did get sun yesterday. Still wasn't 'warm' but bearable..


The moon was out.....


And then we had a lovely sunset....


And from my friend Ben Hunt...
"Here is my grandson, Evan, age 3, dropping the “F” bomb."

Ben, he's darling!!!

A couple of friend's birthdays today...
Sarah (Nicholas) Chacon ... a Wilsonite... Graduated in S'63 with me..

Happy Birthday Sarah!





And Bob Havercroft is celebrating.... somewhere down in So Cal in his and Candy's motorhome.... Former LASD Homicide.....


Happy Birthday Bobbie!!







Historically this date...
1690 – The colony of Massachusetts issues the first paper money in America.

1913 – The Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, authorizing the Federal government to impose and collect an income tax.

1918 – The Twin Peaks Tunnel in San Francisco, California begins service as the longest streetcar tunnel in the world at 11,920 feet (3,633 meters) long.

1947 – The lowest temperature in North America is recorded in Snag, Yukon.
.... -81º !!!!

1959 – A plane crash near Clear Lake, Iowa kills Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper, and pilot Roger Peterson and the incident becomes known as The Day the Music Died.

1961 – The United States Air Forces begins Operation Looking Glass, and over the next 30 years, a "Doomsday Plane" is always in the air, with the capability of taking direct control of the United States' bombers and missiles in the event of the destruction of the SAC's command post.

1971New York Police Officer Frank Serpico is shot during a drug bust in Brooklyn and survives to later testify against police corruption. Many believe the incident proves that NYPD officers tried to kill him.


And births this date include....
1894Norman Rockwell, American illustrator (d. 1978)


1904 – Pretty Boy Floyd, American gangster (d. 1934)


1907James Michener, American author (d. 1997)


1918Joey Bishop, American entertainer, member of the Rat Pack (d. 2007)


1943Blythe Danner, American actress


1950Morgan Fairchild, American actress


Dinner was crab stuffed trout. These lovely little swimmers came from Dave and Nancy... products of one of their fishing trips. Thanks D&N!

First I mixed canned crab (from Costco... in refrigerated section) with stuffing and mayonnaise. I cut the spine bones out of the fish and stuffed each one. Then I put them on the George Foreman Grill and drizzled some olive oil over all. Cooked until nicely browned. AWESOME!






All I know. Tired of the computer. Have a great Friday. Ciao.
If you didn't get my morning daily drivel email and found this anyway, then I don't have your email address... one of those that went into space! Email me!
xo Sue Mom Bobo
February 3rd.
National Carrot Cake Day


2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2 cups flour, sifted
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 can (8oz. size) crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups grated carrots
***Cream Cheese Frosting***
1 box powdered sugar
1 package (8 ounce size) cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter


This is hands-down the best carrot cake you will ever eat!

Beat the sugar oil and eggs together in a mixing bowl. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in the pineapple, walnuts, vanilla, and carrots. Stir until well blended. Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes if you use three 8" round pans that have been greased and floured. If you used a greased and floured 9x13 cake pan, you will need to extend the baking time.

Cream Cheese Frosting :
Mix all together until smooth and creamy. You may need to add a tiny bit of milk or cream to get the consistency right. Spread on cooled cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Glad you got things straightened out. Wadda royal pain. :( I'd misplaced my recipe for cream cheese/butter frosting...sure glad you included with the recipe. XO E.

Oregon Sue said...

Glad to be of service! xo