Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bob's ~ Zucchini & Pasta ~ Pastachio Peanut Brittle?

  
Good 48º raining morning. Rain started about 9pm. So far, 1/2".

 
 
Because of the high temperatures the snow level is very high and what we have so far is melting...

I was always a Bob's Big Boy fan.



LOVED their combo and would always "add avocado and a side of blue cheese please". The blue was for the french fries after they were covered in Bob's Big Boy Seasoning Salt.


 
 
Mmmmmm mmmm mmmm.......... We mainly went to the Bob's on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena to cruise and eat in the drive-in. They closed some years ago. I order a case (24) of the seasoning salt every year or so. In fact ordered one the other day... should be here soon. If you go to a Bob's they are $3.99 each... I pay half of that. Anyway, you old Bob's fans will like this .... (Thanks PatT for this.)


Interesting I was just reading there is a Bob's at the corner of Lake and Del Mar now........................


Yesterday I went to the market, forgot to get the peanut butter Cheerios! I am so MAD. Today for sure! Went to Ace and came home. Got a petri dish to test for mold.
 
 
It gives a definitive in 48 hours. Put it in my bedroom. Just to see. PatT suggested it.
 
 
 
Then I packed up my camera, Maggie, and a .38 and took the golf cart up to the pond. Boy howdy is it full! Muddy too. Maggie had a good time sniffing everything. I was glad to see water back in it, as it was so low this summer.
 


A number of trees and branches in there, so will have to get someone up here to remove them. Checked an old burn pile and found several glass jars, intact, and this old beer bottle....
 

I thought it was so interesting the way it melted. Will think of a use for it after I clean it more.


Then back down to the house....

The guy we bought the property from liked signs as much as I do!

No encounters with any critters, except the Toms... I found their hang out up there under the trees.


Jeannie and I were talking about zucchini and I remembered this recipe that I found.... It's one of Gweneth Paltrow's... Modified by me, of course...

1# zucchini, sliced thin
1/4 c. flour
salt
olive oil
3/4 # spaghetti (I like angel hair)
1 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 c torn Basil leaves or flat leaf parsley
minced sauteéd garlic
ground black pepper
lemon wedges

 
Toss zucchini with flour and a pinch of salt. In a large skillet heat the oil until hot and add half the zucchini. Fry, turning until crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and place on paper towels. Add salt. (I like either lemon or Rosemary flavored sea salt.) Repeat with remaining zucchini.

Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water, reserving 1/2 c of the cooking liquid. Return pasta to pot and toss with 1 cup cheese, basil, garlic, and pepper. Add reserved cooking liquid a little at a time and toss well to coat. Stir in zucchini and serve immediately with lemon wedges and extra cheese. Here I would also drizzle on some of my infused garlic/onion olive oil... or lemon infused olive oil.


Historically this date...
1962Ranger program: Ranger 3 is launched to study the moon. The space probe later misses the moon by 22,000 miles (35,400 km).

1998Lewinsky scandal: On American television, U.S. President Bill Clinton denies having had "sexual relations" with former White House intern Monica Lewinsky.

Liar liar....

 
2005Glendale train crash: Two trains derail killing 11 and injuring 200 in Glendale, California, near Los Angeles.


And births this date include....
1923Anne Jeffreys, American actress

 
 
1925 – Paul Newman, American actor, philanthropist, race car driver and race team owner (d. 2008)


1941Scott Glenn, American actor


1955Eddie Van Halen, Dutch-American musician (Van Halen)
Yikes!


1961 – Wayne Gretzky, Canadian ice hockey player

All I know. Nuff said. Happy Thursday. Pulmonary doc day. Ciao.
xo Sue Mom Bobo
January 26th
Some say it Peanut Brittle Day ... some say it Pistachio Day
 
 
 
 

How about Pistachio Peanut Brittle?


and one site said it was Spouse's Day again. You pick......

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

S,
Love seeing pics of your property. What a great investment that golf cart was. I suppose you had to walk to the pond before you got it?

Love Ann Jeffries. Can't believe she is still alive as my fav show when I was young was Topper. Loved Neal the alkie San Bernard.
One of my FB friends is a good friend of hers and his profile pic is with her.

Funny pics of "spouses"! lol

XO Trisha
p.s. By the way, I love this new comment window. I only have to click once and it works as opposed to three times on the old style.

Anonymous said...

Sue,
We are so lucky in Diamond Bar to have a Bob's Big Boy at the corner of Golden Springs and Brea Cyn Rd. Their Season Salt is a must for a couple of my "adjusted" recipes and one of them includes Zucchini. There was also one on Balboa Island's main drag where we hung out in the summer. My two favorites were half their chopped ham/cheese/tomato salad and the wonderful onion rings. Thanks for another memory. XO E.

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks T & E !!!

Anonymous said...

when am i going to learn???? i shouldn't read sue's blog when i haven eaten for hrs! lol.

ditto to the bob's big boy combo w/blue cheese on the side. i used to do it, too, but never ordered the avocado though. and yes to all that seasoned salt, too. oh, i almost went there to eat on hawthorne and pch at the one they reopenned after being closed for about 22 years or so. love their hamburgers!

and the zucchini dish was tempting me, too. now, i'm really quitting and grabbing something to eat.
;-) Judy

Oregon Sue said...

Oh Judy... sorry. Yes, do try the zucchini/pasta dish. It's great. and EASY.