Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2011

So. Cal Leaves ~ Babysitting Granddog ~ Cookies


Good 30º morning.

What a dull gloomy cold (warmed to 36º) day yesterday was. I stayed in all day working on my Christmas projects.

I talked to Kristen and she told me her power finally came back on yesterday ... 50 hours after it went off at midnight on the 1st. She lost most in her fridge and freezer except what was taken to a friend's house. She said driving around the area is frightening. Trees uprooted along with sidewalks. Hot wires down and neighborhoods cut off. The parks are in ruins with so many trees down and power poles snapped off. Signal lights not working and still power off to so many and won't be on until Monday or Tuesday. Businesses shut down. Here are the leaves stacked up against her slider, the ones her little pup had to jump through to get out....
....and her fence that was blown over....
Kristen said she cleaned up the leaves in her yard and filled 13 huge trash bags! She needed Gary down there to suck them up with his lawn tractor!

Then I talked to my traveling friend, Joan, who lives in Palm Desert. She's in the hospital recovering from hip replacement surgery. What a deal. She's in a LOT of pain. Will take a while for her recovery.

Got this from Gator..... thanks for letting me prove how really STUPID I am!

Smarty Pants Test . . .
When it says you only have 8 seconds to answer the question, they aren't kidding!
This is VERY FAST, so be prepared. You only have 8 seconds for each question!
Click on the Smartorstoopid and have fun!

My Greek traveling friend Pat sent this....


I love Christmas Lights,
They remind me of politicians

They all hang together,
Half of them don't work,
And the ones that do aren't that bright!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subject: Scottish caddie
During his vacation at Martha's Vineyard - President Barack Hussein Obama had been slicing off the tee on every hole.
He asks his Scottish caddy if he has noticed any obvious reasons for his poor tee shots, to which the caddy replies:
"Aye, there's a piece of shyt on the end of yer driver. "
The President picks up his driver and cleans the club face, at which point the caddy says:
"No, the other end."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is a very special friend's birthday... my pal Linda. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTERFRIEND!






Linda went with me when I say James Van Praagh. I hope you have a special day BFF!!!

 
Still babysitting my granddog Atlas. Sitting in my chair watching TV and he would lay down next to Maggie.
Maggie would get up and move. Then he decided he needed to sit in the chair next to me!
What a character!


Historically this date.....
1918U.S. President Woodrow Wilson sails for the World War I peace talks in Versailles, becoming the first US president to travel to Europe while in office.

1954 – The first Burger King is opened in Miami, Florida, United States

1969Black Panther Party members Fred Hampton and Mark Clark are shot and killed in their sleep during a raid by 14 Chicago police officers.

1978 – Following the murder of Mayor George Moscone, Dianne Feinstein becomes San Francisco, California's first female mayor (she served until January 8, 1988).

............Lucky San Francisco!

1991Pan Am goes bankrupt and ceases operations.

1991 – Captain Mark Pyle pilots Clipper Goodwill, a Pan American World Airways Boeing 727-221ADV, to Miami International Airport ending 64 years of Pan Am operations.

1991 – Journalist Terry A. Anderson is released after 7 years in captivity as a hostage in Beirut. He is the last and longest-held American hostage in Lebanon.

And births this date include...
1934 – Wink Martindale, American game show host

What is up with that hair dude?

1937Max Baer, Jr., American actor


1944 – Dennis Wilson, American musician (The Beach Boys) (d. 1983)



Wow, he became a total wreck.

1949Jeff Bridges, American actor

I can't stand his demeanor, his voice, his acting, or his singing. Creepy!

1964 – Marisa Tomei, American actress


All I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
December 4th
National Cookie Day


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Linda. Have a great day.
Atlas looks way too comfortable. LOL
Happy Sunday.
Jeannie

Oregon Sue said...

Atlas is cracking me up the way he gets into that chair, groaning, and then gets all comfy. See, I spoil my grandbabies!!! LOL. HUGS xo