Total Pageviews

Monday, December 5, 2011

Another trip to the ER ~ Popcorn ~ Repeal Day



Good 28º morning. Was 27º earlier, but I slept in!


To go back to Saturday night... Harley was on my lap and Atlas was being curious. Harley has no patience for the big guy and has smacked his nose on occasion. Well Atlas got too close and Harley went ballistic! Trouble was I was there and he dug his claws into my left thigh. When he went airborne it felt as if he tore the top of my thigh off! OMG. Pain like I couldn't have imagined! Well, put some triple antibiotic cream on the leg. No blood. About 3am I woke up in excruciating pain. The leg. I spent the whole day sitting in my chair with ice on the thigh. Brian and Jen and the kids were due home about 4:30 from Portland so I put granddog in the car and met them at their house....


Then I went to the ER at Three Rivers in GP to see about a tetanus shot.


Amazing as this sounds, I was in and out of there in 1 hour! The doc said there wasn't really anything to treat, but to look for infection. I did the right thing with the antibiotic cream and ice and she recommended more ice and ibuprofen if needed and she gave me a tetanus shot. The whole thigh in the knee area is black, blue, purple, yellow, etc.
 How bizarre, the whole situation! Anyway, another low key day with an ice pack......still horribly painful. Weird.


Yesterday I did watch a good movie... Mona Lisa Smile with Julia Roberts
A free-thinking art professor teaches conservative 50's Wellesley girls to question their traditional societal roles.
As usual, Roberts was great! Interesting cast.


The good thing is Tucker and Sami had a great time on the Polar Express and saw Santa!

 
I had chatted with Patty when I came home from the ER and she was having popcorn for dinner. I did stop at the market and got lettuce, romaine, and tomatoes and shrimp for a salad, but the popcorn sounded good!
 
Butter and some Chili con Límon
 
 
 
 ... oh my good! Wine, popcorn, my chair, fire in the wood stove, Maggie napping on the floor, and Mr. Harley gently on my lap! Sometimes life is very fine.


I had to laugh, the nurse at Three Rivers, Diana, was fun. Close to my age, single, and from Glendale Ca originally. She had to ask me a number of questions and one was, "Is anyone abusing you at home?" (a new tactic to ferret out abused women) ".. other than your cat!" I laughed at that! She said she was heading home and putting a fire in her wood stove, pouring a wine, and relaxing in her chair! See Jeannie, another SOW Sista!


Historically this date...
1848California Gold Rush: In a message before the U.S. Congress, US President James K. Polk confirms that large amounts of gold had been discovered in California.

1932German-born Swiss physicist Albert Einstein is granted an American visa.

1933Prohibition in the United States ends: Utah becomes the 36th U.S. state to ratify the Twenty-first Amendment to the United States Constitution, thus establishing the required 75% of states needed to enact the amendment (this overturned the 18th Amendment which had made the manufacture, sale, or transportation of alcohol illegal in the United States).

1979Sonia Johnson is formally excommunicated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for her outspoken criticism of the church concerning the proposed Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.


And births this date include....


1839George Armstrong Custer, American general (d. 1876)


1879Clyde Cessna, American airplane manufacturer (d. 1954)


1901Walt Disney, American animated film producer (d. 1966)


1932 – Little Richard, American singer and pianist


All I know. Cold and foggy AGAIN. Happy Monday. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
December 5th
Repeal Day - The 21st Amendment ends Prohibition. I'll drink to that!


While Repeal Day certainly is a day to have a drink in celebration of our rights and freedoms, we should always remember to drink responsibly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Sue,
How awful for you! I don't understand how that happened if Harley had his claws in you and it didn't break the skin but a nasty bruise.
Isn't it weird how he gets along with Maggie but not Atlas. He is such a sweet docile guy.

I will drink to Repeal Day too!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

LOL, even at Atlas' age he doesn't understand to LEAVE CATS ALONE! He's curious. Harley has ZERO patience!

I'm sure my skin was broken but it just didn't bleed on the outside, only inside. His claws are very sharp, like needles, so they don't leave a big hole.

Cheers! xo

Anonymous said...

Sue,
You should start a SOW club!!!
You women are funny.

John