Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 15, 2011

'The' Cold ~ 'My' Cold ~ Sauteéd Asparagus/Mushrooms/Garlic/Tomatoes with Angel Hair Pasta


Good 32º (heat wave!) morning. It was soooo icy yesterday morning ...



And then in the afternoon the clouds moved in...



The turkeys hung around and Maggie kept and eye on them. Tried to count how many were here and it was 50+ !



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Supposed to get "precipitation" last night. I let Maggs out about 11pm and heard a few 'drips' ... and this morning it's obvious it rained, but not enough to record. There is snow on the summit, but I don't know how long it's been there....
 
Ok, well this "cold" has gotten the best of me. I am a runny nose, sneezing, coughing, headache, ick! Stayed in yesterday. Nothing is working. Will call the pharmacy this morning and see what they recommend and pick it up from their drive-up window so I don't infect anyone else! (My granddaughter Alex will like this link:)

Interestingly enough, I did sleep all night with no coughing or sneezing or 'tuffy dose'. Weird. Just when I'm upright it socks me.

 
So anyway ... being somewhat incapacitated, I did get Christmas wrapping done yesterday.

 
Historically this date....
1973John Paul Getty III, grandson of American billionaire J. Paul Getty, is found alive near Naples, Italy, after being kidnapped by an Italian gang on July 10, 1973.

2001 – The Leaning Tower of Pisa reopens after 11 years and $27,000,000 to fortify it, without fixing its famous lean.

And births this date include....
1892J. Paul Getty, American oil tycoon (d. 1976)
Interesting his son was found on this date.

 
1918Jeff Chandler, American actor (d. 1961)

His death stemmed from a tragic accident during an operation.

1933 – Tim Conway, American actor and comedian

 
1949Don Johnson, American actor


Well, being sick has nothing to do with the fact I like to cook and eat! Yesterday in my new calphalon pan I cooked some Ocean Mist globe artichokes....

 
OMG, they are sooooooooooooooooooo good. I put in lemon juice, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt so when they are done they taste great without any dipping sauces ... gobble gobble gobble!!



















In some of the artichoke cooking liquid I added dried mushrooms and garlic and let them reconstitute...

I cooked out the water until just the olive oil was left, added a few twirls more of oil, added chopped asparagus and sauteéd it along with the mushrooms and garlic. Cooked some angel hair pasta in the meantime. Then I added chopped tomatoes and stirred until well warmed and then added the pasta.....




A super good meal!!!

All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
x0 Sue-Mom-Bobo
December 15th
Cat Herders Day


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This video will make you laugh....

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Surgeries are serious business. Why people do plastic surgery "just because" they don't like what they see in the mirror mystefies me.

But I reserve the right to change my mind):-