Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Good 59º (warm) cloudy windy morning. We ended up with 1/4" of rain yesterday. The rain stopped early and it was pretty warm. Hit 75º. Full moon kids, be careful!

Linda left here Sunday morning and got home safe and sound.
We did have a fun 4 days. The Van Praagh show was certainly a highlight!

Harley was so contented laying in the window....


My mountain was interesting yesterday...

... and the deer were out here eating acorns....

 
And you have got to watch this..... just too funny!!!
It's going around, got it from several people.
NASA satellite falls on car.
http://www.wimp.com/nasasatellite/
 
Dinner last night was Progresso Chicken and Wild Rice soup and Fritos. Got snuggy in my chair with my downy comforter and watched TV. Napped too!!
 
Historically this date...

1910 – Former President Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first U.S. president to fly in an airplane. He flew for four minutes with Arch Hoxsey in a plane built by the Wright Brothers at Kinloch Field (Lambert-St. Louis International Airport), St. Louis, Missouri.

1968Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 7, the first successful manned Apollo mission, with astronauts Wally Schirra, Donn F. Eisele and Walter Cunningham aboard.

 
And births this date include...
1844Henry Heinz, American food manufacturer (d. 1916)


 
 
 
1884 – Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States and humanitarian (d. 1962)
 
1962 – Joan Cusack, American actress and comedian

 
 
 

I like him. His sister is another story!!! She's just weird.
 

Tonight on ABC Tim Allen premiers on his new show, "Last Man Standing". I have missed him since his Tim The Tool Man Taylor show! (Arrrr arrr arrr... more power!) Hope this one is good. Nancy Travis is in it and I like her as well as Hector Elizondo whom I also like.

All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
October 11th.
National Sausage Pizza Day

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mountain reminds me of the view we have here of Mt. San Jacinto. (Spelling ???) I bet it was nice to rest after Linda left, but well worth the energy for the fun days. Cute pictures of Harley. I need to clean up my office. I see the doctor tomorrow ... finally ... 5 days of insomnia. Sarah signing off ...

Lydia said...

Harley's a smart cat. Knows who has it good):-

Bet there were sweet dreams in that nap.

If I believed in reincarnation- I might think Chelsea Clinton was Eleanor Roosevelt reborn.

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Having company is fun but it's nice to get back to one's routine. I still have company after 11 days. Hope JJ & Lisa get a load out of here today.

Thanks for the reminder re Last Man Standing. I also like Nancy Travis. I remember when my family and I were on the Tim the Tool Man Taylor show. (Well, Home Improvement) We sat in the "Tool Time" audience. Wilson was visiting the show and of course as you remember they always hid his face except for his eyes. He sat in front of Kevin so every time they got a shot of Wilson, there was Kevin and JJ sitting behind him. His face was half covered by the guy's cap sitting in front of him. The next day after the showing all the kids at high school told Kevin "HEY! I saw you on TV last night!" Fun!

Harley looks like he lives the life of Riley! lol

Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Interesting about being at the Tim show! That was Jerry's favorite. And yes, Harley does live the life of Riley! I spoil him because in cat years he's 140!!!!

Kim said...

Harley is gorgeous. :) Loving the cooler weather..