Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sue's Easy Chicken Spaghetti ~ Tucker's Birthday at Tap Rock ~

Good 58º (wow, warm) morning! Cloudy. Very cloudy.
 
... when I went out to take a picture of my mountain along came a bunch of turkeys..... out of sight is a water tub.. they stopped by for a drink...

 
Sheesh, October! Where'd the summer go?? Sigh....

Here is a great and simple. Perfect for dinner ready when you get home from work or shopping....
Sue's Chicken Spaghetti
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Your favorite spaghetti sauce

Put all in crockpot on low and cook all day. (How hard is that!) When ready to eat, cook your favorite pasta, drain, shred chicken and spoon over hot pasta.

 
Historically this date....
1890Yosemite National Park is established by the U.S. Congress.
1908Ford puts the Model T car on the market at a price of US$825.
1910Los Angeles Times bombing: A large bomb destroys the Los Angeles Times building in downtown Los Angeles, California, killing 21.
1918World War I: Arab forces under T. E. Lawrence, also known as "Lawrence of Arabia" capture Damascus.
1957 – First appearance of In God We Trust on U.S. paper currency.
1987 – The Whittier Narrows earthquake shakes the San Gabriel Valley, registering as magnitude 5.9.
..... boy howdy, I remember that one. Standing in the kitchen, Jerry gone to work and the kids gone to school... everything in every cabinet was rattling. Brian and his pal Alex were sitting at a signal light and thought someone had bumped into them. Brian later skipped out from school to come home and make sure 'mom' was ok.

And births this date include....
1909 – Sam Yorty, American politician (d. 1998)

.... Ha ha ha.. the mayor of Los Angeles from 1961-1973 and he never once pronounced Los Angeles correctly. He always said "Los Angle-leeez". What a poop!

1920Walter Matthau, American actor (d. 2000)

Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men, a couple of my favorite films!


..........kiss my kazoo. What a lousy simpleton adam henry president! Nobel Peace Prize my --- !

1927Tom Bosley, American actor (d. 2010)


1928 – George Peppard, American actor (d. 1994)
... .died young... 2 packs of cigs a day!


1935Julie Andrews, British actress and singer

1936 – Stella Stevens, American actress


1950Randy Quaid, American actor


1963 – Mark McGwire, American baseball player


..... oh yes! This boy had some guns on him!!! Yummmm...

Daddy had his Marilyn Monroe picture in his closet and she always got a wolf whistle when he went in the closet! I have my Mark McGwire milk ad picture in a cupboard and he gets the wolf whistle when I open it!
 

Yesterday I went to town and narrowly missed getting caught in the middle of the RR High School Homecoming Parade....
Fortunately just to the left is a street that I managed to get turned onto so I didn't have to wait for the parade to go by. Good timing!
 

As I was leaving later for Grants Pass a bunch of fire trucks went up our road. Local, Grants Pass Fire, Medford Fire, and Dept. of Forestry.... I stopped in at the fire station
and asked where the fire was. It was about 6 miles north of me. Garage fully engulfed when fire arrived. Must have threatened surrounding forest to have that large of a call out. When I came home about 8:30 pm the fire must have been out as the fire crews were heading back to town.
 
Brian, Jen, Tucker, Sami, Jean, Bill, Jeannie, and I all met at Tap Rock to celebrate Tucker's birthday, finally! I had that trip to the ER for my back last week when we were going to celebrate. Tucker was happy with the helicopter he got from B&J and the Leggos from Bobo and 7 whole $1 bills I put in his card!


We also celebrated Jean's up coming birthday. She was also happy with the one $1 bill in her card!
And Sami modeled Bill's hat....
 


 
We ate outside on the deck over looking the Rogue River. Beautiful evening. Good food. Good company.

 
All I know. MUST get the mowing done today and the tomatoes pickled...OR ELSE! Happy Saturday. Ciao.

xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
October is National Chili Month

6 comments:

Lydia said...

The Whole McGuire clan has "guns" on them- except his mom ):- . He started wtih the A's the year after my brother in law. Gerry used to end up on flights with his dad up to Oakland all the time. The year he first went to AllStars was in Oakland- he had given us his tickets so our family could sit together. I don't know what he did about his family- but I always thought that was such an above and beyond thing for both Eric and Mark to arrange.

I understand Mark now has quite the fine wine collection.

Anonymous said...

Sue,

It used to bug me too the way Yorty pronounced Los Angeles! You would think the MAYOR of the city could get it right!

Tucker is so cute and glad he finally had his bday celebration. Neat looking gifts and I'll bet he was really jazzed to get seven $1 bills. Neat!
It must have been a warm evening as they were dressed in shorts eating outside.

Chicken Spaget looked wonderful and easy too!

Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, a handful of $1 bills is like a million bucks to a little one. And coincidentally (sp?) getting a $1 in a birthday card for an adult is even fun! I know I enjoy it. Money in the mail!~ Whooooo hooooo..~!

It was nice, but the kids eventually got cold. Time to take sweaters along now..

Oregon Sue said...

@ L, that was interesting about Mark and Eric. Thanks for sharing. ox

Anonymous said...

Sue,

Man O Man it took a long time to download your blog after I clicked but it finally popped up. Guess patience paid off. Worth the wait. I love crock pot cooking and the chicken spaghetti is a good one. Sooooooo easy. Dittos on your remarks about Jiminy Cricket...wadda crock Prez. was he. Just plain STOOP-PED with a deep vein of avarice dragging his rubber faced steel magnolia behind him. :) The pics of the kids at Tucker's delayed Birthday celebration were super. It's almost like attending the events with you.

I'm off to the kitchen....need to start the production.
XO Edda

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks E!!!!