Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Frost on the Pumpkin ~ Big Spider ~ Smoker~ Cupcakes

Good 38º morning. A couple degrees warmer than yesterday. We did have frost on the barn yesterday....

I had a morning appointment with Roe Motors for service on my truck...
 
While the tires were rotated, oil changed, etc. I walked around town. Interesting spider on this one building...


The locking mechanism on one of the doors in my truck had to be ordered, so I will go back when it's in. Came home and Terry, painter, had nearly finished with the back patio... before and after...

Yeah!
Terry is local here in Rogue River, so if you are interested in a painter, give me a call and I will put you in touch.

While I was gone UPS Dave delivered my new smoker. It's really neat, has glass door on the front, shiny inside.

Now all I have to do is figure out the particulars. Later Jason came up and did some yard for me and helped me move the old smoker off the cement blocks and put up the new one. I was told by several of my friends, "GET HELP, DON'T DO THE LIFTING YOURSELF!" Ok ok, since I moved/lifted my new vibration exerciser and ended up in the ER with a super strained back....... Gotcha girls. Jason helped!
 
I also infused some olive oil yesterday....
Along with the usual dried garlic/onion/and red pepper flakes I added about a tablespoon of black peppercorns. OMG GOOD!

 
Historically this date....
1954Texas Instruments announces the first Transistor radio.

This was mine>>
 

And births this date include....
1927George C. Scott, American actor (d. 1999)
1934 – Inger Stevens, Swedish actress (d. 1970)
.... Interesting read... a secret marriage and death at 35!
 
1935Peter Boyle, American actor (d. 2006)
 
1939 – Mike Ditka, American football player, coach, and commentator

 
1939 – Lee Harvey Oswald, American alleged assassin of John F. Kennedy (d. 1963)
 
1951 – Pam Dawber, American actress
 

1960Jean-Claude Van Damme, Belgian actor

(WednesdayThursdayFriday?)

1990Bristol Palin, American daughter of Sarah Palin and Todd Palin

All I know. Pest Control coming today to take care of gophers in the front yard! Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
October 18th
National Chocolate Cupcake Day

 


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Your paint job looks terrific!
Also what a great looking smoker! John is making noises about wanting another one. jeeeze We had one years ago and since he only used it a couple of time he gave it away. Now he wants a dehydrator for making all kinds of jerky.

We have heavy misty fog this morning. Weird weird weather here in So Cal! Cold, hot, wet cold!! Don't know what to wear these days!!

Hugs, Trisha

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue,
Your Blogs continue to BLESS my day.
Thank you!!!

Linda

Oregon Sue said...

@ Linda, thank you soooo much!

@ T, John could not only smoke meat,fish (as well as mac & cheese!) but he could also make jerky... Check this link..

http://bbq.about.com/cs/barbecuetips/a/aa041799.htm

Lydia said...

Instead of worrying about gophers, maybe pest control should swing through town to do something about that spider!):-

Oregon Sue said...

LOL~!