Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

Cat Pumpkins ~ Daylight Savings Time ~ Chocolate Martini?


Good 33º morning. Wow, warmed up a bit. Probably a cloud cover out there. One started late yesterday afternoon... 6pm:
 
This date reminds me of a Deputy at Temple whose license plate was "10-28 me". Gosh and I can't remember his name. A short fellow, very tenacious. Jerry nicknamed him "the dwarf of doom". Anybody out there recall his name??? Hmmm, in the middle of the night I remembered his first name was Frank.

 
Speaking of Department members... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to Teri Prim and her charming husband Barry!!!


The pest control guys were here yesterday, Darren and Matt. They put bait in the mole tunnels in the front and backyards and put bait for the ground squirrels under the porch and under the house. Dang critters!

This is funneeeee....
Mexican word of the day.... Habañero:
I went costume shopping this weekend. Most of everything was sold out. I settled on a Robin Hood costume but could only find the costume and the bow so I asked the vato working there, "hey man, do ju guys HABAÑERO to complete my outfit?"


I rearranged the porch yesterday but Maggie was undisturbed by it all...
Ok, so then I found these darling cat carved pumpkins....


 

<my fav...

 
Ok, when you have time (giggle) you have to watch this about Daylight Savings Time.... it's hilarious!

Historically this date...
1886 – In New York Harbor, President Grover Cleveland dedicates the Statue of Liberty.

1929Black Monday, a day in the Wall Street Crash of 1929, which also saw major stock market upheaval.

1936 – U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt rededicates the Statue of Liberty on its 50th anniversary.

1962Cuban Missile Crisis: Soviet Union leader Nikita Khrushchev announces that he had ordered the removal of Soviet missile bases in Cuba.
 

And births this date include...
1793Eliphalet Remington, American firearms manufacturer (d. 1861)


1897Edith Head, American costume designer (d. 1981)

1902Elsa Lanchester, British-born actress (d. 1986)


1914 – Jonas Salk, American biologist and physician (d. 1995)


1917Jack Soo, American actor (d. 1979)


1932Suzy Parker, American actress (d. 2003)

1936Charlie Daniels, American musician

 
1944Dennis Franz, American actor


1949Bruce Jenner, American athlete



... after he hooked up with Kris Kardashian he lost a bunch of respect in my estimation! It all became "how I look" ... plastic surgery and just being a "socialite". Fuey Bruce!

1955Bill Gates, American software executive

1963Lauren Holly, American actress

1967Julia Roberts, American actress

1972 – Brad Paisley, American musician


A few of the deer were out early...

I was talking to them and they were listening!

Dinner last night was popcorn with ICBINB sprayed on and grated cheese. Earlier Nancy and PJ came over. We sat on the porch and drank wine and blabbed.... It was so enjoyable. Nancy brought me a movie to watch....

A Good Year with Russell Crow... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401445/
I was enjoying it but got too sleepy to see the end, so will finish it today.
 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Friday. Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
October 28th.
National Chocolate Day




and for the adults... Chocolate Martini!
2 oz vodka
1/2 oz creme de cacao
splash of cream

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Sue.........I just went to a "chocolate party" last week and they served chocolate martinis. Very tasty!

xoxo Sally

Oregon Sue said...

How fun. I may have to make one today!

Anonymous said...

Sue,
I got to try the chocolate martini and other flavors too on a cruise. Every evening before dinner I had a martini tasting. You got six glasses (smaller than the norm of course)all different flavors. Oh yum!
I was a day ahead of myself yesterday! Thought it was the 28th all day! TODAY is my mother's birthday! Bill Gates, etc. she is in good company!
I see Suzy Parker's bday is today too. When I modeled hair for Revlon they called me "Revlon's Suzy Parker". Said I looked like her. Wow!
That day light savings video was a hoot! Now I am REALLY confused! I vote we go back to leaving the damn clocks alone!!

XOX Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Well, T, you have to agree, changing the time makes life interesting! xo