Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Baby Turkeys ~ Jalapeno Jelly ~ Coffee Day


 





Good 46º clear sunny morning. I think we hit 85º yesterday.
A really nice day!







 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This sent to me by Bill Patterson. He knows I love dogs and this has a gunsmithing bit also... You too will love 'Dog'.


The above picture is "Dog" and this one is Bill and his Chaka:

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She is the SWEETEST dog!!! ... and Billy's not so bad either.
Glad you are feeling better big guy! Don't make Jeannie worry like that! Don't make me come up there!


Historically this date...
1916John D. Rockefeller becomes the second billionaire.

1966 – The Chevrolet Camaro, originally named Panther, is introduced.2008 – Following the bankruptcies of Lehman Brothers and Washington Mutual, The Dow Jones Industrial Average falls 777.68 points, the largest single-day point loss in its history.



And births this date include...
1907Gene Autry, American actor, singer, and businessman (d. 1998)

 
 
 
 

1924Steve Forrest, American actor

 
 
 

1931Anita Ekberg, Swedish actress
Good Lord!




1935 – Jerry Lee Lewis, American musician

 
 

1942Madeline Kahn, American actress (d. 1999)

 
 
 
 

 
 
... Blazing Saddles ... one of the funniest movies of all time!



We have a new batch of turkey chicks. They are late...

 
 
 
 









This is the size of the ones born in the spring....

 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yesterday I made jalapeño jelly.... Seed the jalapeños (I use a small spoon) and chop them along with bell pepper in the food processor. (Always always wear gloves to do the seeding of the chiles!) Mix up two kinds of vinegars (white and cider) along with sugar and heat to simmer. Add the peppers, bring to simmer for 10 min, bring to rolling boil and add pectin, boil one minute and can. I ended up with 19 half-pints. Thanks Jeannie and Bill for the jalapeños!






 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I did pick all the tomatoes, red and green ones, off the tomato bush. So, today I'll probably go into town today and get some more wide mouth pints so I can make pickled green tomatoes. I also got some funny and cute beads for Halloween so I'll be making earrings here soon too. Gotta think of things to keep me busy so I don't have to clean the house!!!!


 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Thursday! Ciao.
xo Sue-Mom-Bobo
September 29th
National Coffee Day


 
 
 
OMG, coffee ice cream.... YUMMMMM~!!!!!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

We're starting our days about 20 degrees warmer and then settling in on your high of the day.

LOVE the comic strip.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Sue,

I made the mistake years ago of seeding and chopping the jalapeno's without gloves! YIKES! Burn burn! Wow! You are sure the busy bee. Your back must be feeling a whole lot better because standing in the kitchen is murder on my back.
Looking good and yummy!!

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Hylands all natural meds... Arnica Montana for muscle aches.... get them at Rite Aid... works wonderful!!! xo

tub reglazing said...

this is very nice post and i like all picture i love dogs and i also have a dog his name is Tommy and i also love Starbucks it's coffee is just awesome.

Oregon Sue said...

Thank you very much for the compliments!~ Give Tommy a scratch from me!