Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rain! ~ Mr. Skunk ~ Awesome Clouds ~ Tapioca





Good 56º raining morning! So far 1/4" since about 3am. Well, that's when I first heard the rain. Don't really know when it began to fall.


Here is the weather/radar map... looks like we are in for it. A "stay indoors day".

Yesterday started out sunny and clear. I hooked the weed sprayer to the riding lawn tractor and sprayed about 75 gallons of weed killer. Jason came up and weed-eated some more for me. Clouds moved in, breezes picked up, pressure started dropping, and it was HUMID! ICK. 81º and icky sticky. Deliver me from living in the South where it's like this all the time! Daddy was from Alabama and said, "your socks will never dry overnight!"

I went to town, mailed off books people had requested from my list, put $ in the bank, and got groceries. Back home I looked out and here was Mr. Skunk!


I ran out and took his picture. Poor fella, he turned around
and laid down.

A doe was laying under the trampoline and keeping a keen eye on Mr. Skunk....

She had enough so she booked out of there...

Poor
 Mr. Skunk walked a little ways and then laid down again. He's dying. So sad. I hope he dies soon so his suffering will stop.








Then the turkeys thought that was a good idea the doe was under the trampoline, so they took over her spot!













Ok, dinner was rerun of the tortellini and sauce, salad, and a
glass of wine.

 

Historically this date....

1997Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield II – Tyson is disqualified in the 3rd round for biting a piece off Holyfield's ear.
..... this is a very very creepy human... a wife beater, rapist, crazy manic, 8 children by several women, 3 marriages, and they still keep trying to revise his career ... Animal Planet now? Come on.
And births this date include...
1926Mel Brooks, American filmmaker
 

1932Pat Morita, American actor (d. 2005)
1946 – Gilda Radner, American comedienne (d. 1989)







Such a funny lady. Such a sad death.
1948Kathy Bates, American actress
 

Fried Green Tomatoes ... a favorite movie!
1966John Cusack, American actor







Typical over the top Hollyweird extreme liberal. MAJOR Bush basher! Of course his initials are JC!
1966 – Mary Stuart Masterson, American actress







Seems to always play someone a tad off center!
... and today is my oldest sister's birthday. Betty is 82! Gee willies! I don't even know if she's still alive. I suppose she is. I am guessing her children might tell me. Nancy or Joe Jr. at least. Here are a few ancient historical photos....
1951..Betty Mother Marion and me .. I was 6.

1958 .. Marion Mother Betty and me .. I was 13.

1960...Christmas

Back row l to r: Betty, my grandmother's sister "Auntie" (Sarah), Mother's sister Agnes, my grandmother "Nanno" (Isabel), Mother (Margaret), Daddy (Leslie), bro-in-law (Joe), me.
Front row: MaryAnn, Joe Jr. and Nancy.
Auntie, Agnes, Nanno, Mother, Daddy, and Joe have all passed away. :o( As well as my sister Marion!
Ok, enough family stuff............................ Happy Birthday to my pain in the hoo hoo sister!

Yesterday afternoon I went down to chat and have a glass of vino with PJ. Dave was off in the hills looking for more Koi for his fish pond. Apparently he has a source up there of abandoned fish.  Anyway, the sky was looking ominous when I left here...


And down at PJ's the clouds were even more strange...



Maggie was happy to visit with Neko....

All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
June 28th
National Tapioca Day
 

Tapioca is a staple food in some regions and is used worldwide as a thickening agent, mainly in foods. Tapioca is gluten-free, and almost completely protein-free. 'Tapioca' in Britain often refers to a milk pudding thickened with arrowroot,  while in Asia the sap of the Sago palm is often part of its preparation.
 


6 comments:

Lydia said...

Good 63 degrees from SoCal. I take it you don't have animal control to call to remove dying skunk (I know- City girl question.

If you really want to know- if a google search doesn't turn up your sister- US Search can.

Anonymous said...

Nice seeing pictures of your family. After seeing your pictures I realized more than ever that Brian is your spitting image. That is amazing. Also I remember my momma making tapioca a lot. We still love it.
Marie

Oregon Sue said...

LOL, thanks Marie. Poor Bri. Funny, I always thought he was the spitting image of his dad! xo

Oregon Sue said...

L, I was just being facetious in regards to my sister. We don't talk. Haven't for years.

City girl... no, our animal control won't come out here for something like that. Besides, Mr. Skunk wobbled off into the trees. How can we find him?

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Poor Mr. Skunk. You were sure a brave girl to go out and get such a close shot of him. Glad he didn't "shoot" you.
Loved seeing your family photos. Sister Betty is sure pretty. So sad when you have a sister out there and you don't speak. I can certainly relate about how hard that would be.
You were such a cutie with that big bow in your hair then at 15 in your little basic black dress and heels.
Oh yes, I have always thought Brian was the imagine of you! The eyes, the eyes!!
Your daddy was so right about the southern humidity. In Ark. when I would get out of the shower there was no way you could get dried off! Putting on makeup was a chore cause it would run right off. Face would be too wet. Oh love Calif.
Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

No T, not brave, I have a lens that goes to 270mm. I was on the porch! And, yes, my sister was a pretty
woman! Tall and slim. She had good-looking kids too!xo