Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

~ Sparrow Nest ~ Maggie's Fare ~ Celiac Awareness Month ~


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Good 32º morning. Clear. Will be sunny. Warmed to 64º yesterday.
 
 
Yesterday I got a kick out of two little sparrows who have decided to take up residence in one of Gary's birdhouses on my front porch. I was doing dishes and watching them..... Dad is coming out and then mom brings more grass and zips inside. The last picture I am getting the 'stink eye' from dad!
 



 
When I mow the front the grass shoots out of the mower and sticks to the tree. This is the dried grass they were harvesting for their nest:
 
 
In the afternoon I took Maggie in for a nail trim. She hates it and holding her down is the hard part. She did get on the scale and, whew, hasn't lost any more weight. I've been soaking kibble with low sodium chicken stock then shredding chicken on top of that, a cut up turkey hot dog, and a cut up hard-boiled egg. She eats it all. Yeah!
It's been hard getting her to eat, because the meds she's on take away her appetite.
 
 
 
Historically this date....
1933Nellie Tayloe Ross becomes the first woman to head the United States Mint.
1942World War II: Japanese naval troops invade Tulagi Island in the Solomon Islands during the first part of Operation Mo that results in the Battle of the Coral Sea between Japanese forces and forces from the United States and Australia.
1957Walter O'Malley, the owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, agrees to move the team from Brooklyn, New York, to Los Angeles, California.      YAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOO!   I lo da Doyers!
2006 – Zacarias Moussaoui is sentenced to life in prison in Alexandria, Virginia.
   Now we have to feed that Adam Henry the rest of his life and give him medical ... Sheesh, sure would have been better to execute him and dump his body in the ocean!
 
 
 
And births this date include...
 
  
My favorite quote of Ms. Meir is:
"Let me tell you something that we Israelis
have against Moses. He took us 40 years
through the desert in order to bring us
to the one spot in the Middle East that has no oil!"
 
1903Bing Crosby, American singer and actor (d. 1977) 
 
 
 
1934 – Frankie Valli, American singer (The Four Seasons)
 
 
 
1935Ron Popeil, American inventor
 
 
<I've got one of those ovens!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1974 - our former neighbor, Claudia (Cobar) Brown is celebrating her birthday today. Now the mother of 3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAUDIA!
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. Happy Tuesday. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
May is Celiac Awareness Month
.... and May 3rd
National Raspberry Tart Day
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Glad Maggie hasn't lost more weight. I know it's a real chore to tempt their appetites when they don't want to eat. I used to do the same, try to make the kibble more tasty and interesting! I found that buying the kind that you make into gravy was eaten better. We also microwaved all our dogs food to warm it a bit.
Love your photos of the birds at work. We love watching our birds.

XO Trisha

Lydia said...

Raspberries... now that's a plant if the gopher were yanking it down the hold would be just fine with me.

Glad your efforts to stabilize Maggie's weight are paying off.

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks ladies, yes I'm happy Maggs is feeling better. I have literally tried everything.... I made chicken gravy for her food and she turned up her nose. I tried the fanciest dog foods, and she walked away. So, at least this diet is working.