Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

RAIN. Ha! ~ Boatnik ~ Patriotism ~ Friends ~ and Weirdos


 
Good 45º cloudy RAINING! morning. Yesterday was awesome. No rain, just sun. Some wind. Perfect day at the river for the Boat Races and ceremonies. More on that .....
 
OMG, the last day of May. Suddenly as this happened the last day of June will be here. I don't like this swift passage of time. I am aging at an alarming rate. My grandbabies are growing up as we speak. Sigh...............
 
Yesterday was fun! I left here to some sun and no rain! Yeah.
In Rogue River all the flags were up.
 
 
When I got to Riverside Park Brian and Jen had the kids at the kiddie rides...
 
 
 
   Tucker had just hit a balloon with a dart and won a prize.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Let's see, who had more fun, the kids or Brian???
 
 
 
 
 
 
 These two mallards cracked me up. They were so busy trying to find treats!
 
Brian and Jen had chairs set up in the grass area by the river.
 
 
 
Sami had her hair fixed with red and blue ribbons.
 
Next was very patriotic. The flag was unveiled on the bridge... the F-15's flew over, we all said the Pledge of Allegiance, the National Anthem was sung, we sang America The Beautiful, a local pastor said a prayer, and a moment of silence was held for all those military who had died for our country's freedoms. A 21 gun salute ...  and a wreath was dropped into the river in honor of those lost and the pipes played







 
Here is a youtube link to pipes playing Amazing Grace and images of heroes. Keep the tissues handy....
 
Then the races began..
 
 
I met up with Jeannie and Bill at the wine/beer booth. (They are so cute!) Had wine and visited. Jeannie and I share a lot and she's my new BFF! LOL. We're both "wino's" (white) and love dressing down and wearing jeans! She is hilariously funny and too too sweet. I really enjoy their company. I know Jeannie and my other BFFs would all get along and like each other!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
PatC and her pal Barbara showed up...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Tim apparently had to work.  :o(
 
 
 
There was this old man (shoot, I'm old!) who kept giving me the 'eye'... (ugh)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And, what we found interesting was this couple... he was 'Mr. Cool Breeze' and she was 'Hillary Hippo'. His black boots were polished, his jeans were pressed, a black shirt open at the chest, hair coiffed ..what he thought was sexy, and the dark glasses...
 
 
He was eyeing all the women, including Jeannie!
 

 
Jeannie and I had fun trying to figure out his attraction to her. Maybe she had $$ or.. she gave good ____.  Anyway.......
 
 
Then the kids went for more rides and I headed home...
 
The flags were  out on our RR bridge too...
 
 
 
Historically this date....
526 – A devastating earthquake strikes Antioch, Turkey, killing 250,000.
.... Hard to fathom that kind of devastation. Quarter of a million people...gone.
Now, this is an interesting read....
1971 – In accordance with the Uniform Monday Holiday Act passed by the U.S. Congress in 1968, observation of Memorial Day occurs on the last Monday in May for the first time, rather than on the traditional Memorial Day of May 30.
 
 
 
And births this date include...
 
 
 
 
1930Clint Eastwood, American film director and actor
 
 
Dirty Harry...one of my all time favorites.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"
Read about his "personal life"... wow! "Serial womanizer"!
 
 
1943Sharon Gless, American actress
 
 
 
 
1943 – Joe Namath, American football player
 
 
 
Whoppen Joe??? You got old!!!!
 
When I worked for Fabergé, he appeared in commercials for the company. When in Acapulco one year for a sales meeting, a few of us were sitting down at the pool and out of a window high above the pool a women leaned out and yelled, "I just fu*ked Joe Namath!"  Hmmmm.... good for her, I guess.   :o(    I wonder if he was wearing panty hose....   LOL.
 
 
1949Tom Berenger, American actor
 
 
Tom, someone must be cookin' good for you!
 
 
1965 – Brooke Shields, American actress and supermodel
 
 
 
 
That doll she's holding, I have one just like it!
 
This was me with my "Baby" in 1950.
 
 
All I know. Nuff said. Gots bills to pay today. Joy.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
May 31st.
World No Tobacco Day
 
Think of your health. It causes heart attacks. Think of how you smell to other people. Think of the brown stain it puts on your teeth. Think of the expense that just goes up in smoke!
 

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Who had the best time? Dont' know, but no one had a better time than Bobo!

Had a friend who worked with Clint Eastwood. Her statements were that he was the easist person to work with- kind to both cast and operational personnel at all times. Since you know different- do not date him.

Any woman who will sleep with a man who wears pantyhose should ever complain if she develops an itch afterwards. Any man who sleeps with a woman who shouts such information out a window also deserves not to complain about future "itches". IMHO

Oregon Sue said...

L, too funny. You are on a roll!~

Anonymous said...

L, THAT WAS FUNNY!!!

Sue, what an awesome blog today!! Your photos were fabulous! That event at the river sounded like a real tear jerker! Just wonderful! Loved it! You all do have so much fun and the kids looked darling. Loved Sami's ribboned hair. Love events that have a wine booth! :)
What a darling little girl you were in your fancy dress under the tree. Loved that too.
As for Mr. Cool, could that have been his seeester maybe? They sure don't match up, do they! When I hear Joe Namath's name the first thing to come to mind is him wearing panty hose. He will never live that one down. Guess he laughed all the way to the bank tho.

Hugs! Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks, T!! I doubt that is Mr. Cool Breeze's sister. She had her hands on him. I found out who he is and will post tomorrow. xo

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh can't wait to hear about what you have learned about Mr. Cool!!

XOTrisha

Oregon Sue said...

I can't wait to tell you!!!!!!