Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

~ Boatnik, Tucker & Sami ~ Indy 500 ~


 
 
Good 42º cloudy (what else is new?) drizzling morning.
 
 
Yesterday was interesting, weather wise. I left here for Grants Pass and it was raining. Rained and poured at times all the way there. Was heading for a place to park and heard "Hi Bobo!" It was Brain and Tucker heading on foot to the parade assembly area. I parked and B called my cell phone with directions to where the chairs were set up.
 
I took a picture of GP's famous sign ... and laughed...
 
I had an interesting chat with some folks standing under the awning there... she formerly from the San Fernando Valley and they both recently from Las Vegas. He is a man of many talents... barber, manicurist, massage therapist, singer, plays Santa. She is a photographer and does specialty 'character' parties. More on them later.
 
Jen and Sami and Jean showed up and the rain stopped and the parade started. Lots of colorful stuff... the police doing motorcycle rodeo...
 
New ways to do the 'work of the Lord'.
 
Our Rogue Valley Marine Corps League color guard....
 
.... and taaa daaa.... Tai Babilonia our Grand Marshal...
 
Tai was born September 22, 1959 in Los Angeles, Ca. and is a retired American pair skater. With partner Randy Gardner, she was the 1979 World Champion and the 1976-1980 U.S. national champion. She is currently engaged to comedian David Brenner. 
 
 
Our Oregon State Senator Jason Atkinson (common bond with him.. both of us had accidental GSWs!...He's actually acknowledging me in this photo, as we have discussed this before...)
 
... and Dennis Richardson our Oregon State Representative...
Raised in Los Angeles (we have talked together about this) and a decorated Viet Nam helicopter pilot.
 
Josephine County's Sheriff, Gil Gilbertson...
 

 Then there was Dan, my bank teller at SoFCu in Rogue River...
 
 Hi Dan!
 
 
Tucker with the Fort Vannoy "Readers"......
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh boy, candy! "Bobo, I ate a Tootsie Roll!"
 
 
 
It turned out to be a really good day. I came home and tore into chores. It got cold and windy so had a big snuggy fire. Dinner was
a lettuce salad with canned fire roasted tomatoes and chicken tenders on wild and brown rice with green beans almodine. Awesome!
 
Historically this date...
 
1942Bing Crosby, the Ken Darby Singers and the John Scott Trotter Orchestra record Irving Berlin's "White Christmas", the best-selling Christmas single in history, for Decca Records in Los Angeles.
1953Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay become the first people to reach the summit of Mount Everest, on Tenzing Norgay's (adopted) 39th birthday.
Bullshillary Clintoon should have married him. She would have been Hillary Hillary. (GAG)
1973Tom Bradley is elected the first black mayor of Los Angeles, California. (And sadly now they have a total idiot, Villaraigosa, for the mayor. Thankfully for LA, due to term limits, he's outta there in 2013. He was national co chairman in Bullshillary's run for President! That tells you a lot about his brain!)
 
 
And births this date include...
1736Patrick Henry, American patriot, 1st & 6th Governor of Virginia (d. 1799)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1903Bob Hope, British-born comedian and actor (d. 2003)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1958Annette Bening, American actress
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ok, all I know. Nuff said. Happy Sunday. Ciao
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
May 29th
Indianapolis 500 Day (Wooooo hoooo!)
(starts at 8am Pacific Time... ABC)
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Lydia said...

LOL. The sign should read "We Have Weather'

Love Tai Babilonia's skating. I had forgotten how close to my age she is. In my mind she will always be 21.

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Great blog as usual! Love seeing the photos of the parade. What is this Reader group that Tucker is involved in? Who is the other little blonde girl sitting next to Sami? They look like twins sitting there.
I learned something new. Either that or I forgot or never knew that Bob Hope was Brit born. Amazing and he turned out to be one of our greatest contemporary patriots! Also shares a bday with JFK!

OK I give up! What is GSW? I'l bet most or all your readers are wondering the same thing girl.
John was just in here and I was talking about all your interesting meals. He said "Yea, I know! She must spend the whole day in the kitchen making all that stuff". I laughed and said you didn't, that you were always working on other stuff and I don't think you normally spend a whole lot of time on your meals. They just LOOK that way, right?

Have a wonderful weekend!
XOXO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

The Reader Group are the kids who have read books and were tested on them and had to achieve 50+ points.
Jen's friend, Bobsie was with us and her baby boy KJ, little girl Nataleah, and her daughter Arriana was in the parade.
GSW= gun shot wound.
You are right, a lot of time spent in the kitchen is not me. Quick and easy is my kind. xo

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, L, I was taken aback when I read Tai's age too. You are right, in my mind also she is still a very young girl. She's beautiful!