Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

~ SUNSHINE! ~ Car Wash ~ Potsalagoo ~ Chip and Dip Day ~


Good 36º morning.            
Yesterday we actually had sun! Driving to Medford....Mt McLaughlin in the background...
And.... Table Rock  .......
Went to Costco. Brian wanted bar-mop towels for his bathroom at the office. He is doing the environmental thing. The cleaners next door will wash them for him and he'll keep a stack in the bathroom so he doesn't have just one towel (with germs) and doesn't have to buy and throw out paper towels. Then I got Maggie some 'chicken' dental chews, broccoli, freeze dried sliced garlic and diced onion.  
Left there and went to Grants Pass to the car wash.
Sorry Oregon people, when I wash my truck you can be guaranteed of at least a week of rain! Stand by....
Stopped at Brian's office
and had a cup of coffee, chatted, gave him the towels. Then to Staples to trade in the old ink cartridges I bought for my old printer for new ones for the new printer.  Then off to Rogue River and trade in the prime dog food Maggie won't eat for some cat food on sale for Harley. I had a coupon for free Yoplait yogurt and a buck off 14 cans of cat food. With the dog food credit and the total of my purchases, I owed the market 27¢.
Got home and tried the 'new' chicken flavored dental chews on Maggie and she took it politely and then dropped it in the living room! Sigh....................................... I had given Brian the two bags of regular dental chews she wouldn't eat, for Atlas. B said he loves them. Looks like he may get some chicken flavored ones now too.
Dinner ... cooked and mashed broccoli mixed with sauteéd hamburger, mushrooms, garlic, onions, and cooked brown rice. Added bread crumbs, 2 beaten eggs, grape tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. Sickeningly good for me. Tasty though with added hot sweet chili sauce. (I make my own.) Baked until browned. Something like this I'd always call 'pots-a-la-goo' (a one dish/pan meal)
Historically this date....
1806 – After traveling through the Louisiana Purchase and reaching the Pacific Ocean, explorers Lewis and Clark and their "Corps of Discovery" begin their arduous journey home.
1857Elisha Otis's first elevator is installed at 488 Broadway New York City.
1994 – At an election rally in Tijuana, Mexican presidential candidate Luis Donaldo Colosio is assassinated by Mario Aburto Martínez.
2003 – In Nasiriyah, Iraq, 11 soldiers of the 507th Maintenance Company as well as 18 U.S. Marines are killed during the first major conflict of Operation Iraqi Freedom. 654 Iraqi combatants are also killed.
And births this date include....
1905Joan Crawford, American actress (d. 1977)
1922Marty Allen, American comedian and actor
1937Craig Breedlove, American land speed record holder
There is a little teeny tiny baby lizard in the outside door jam of the dining room door. OMG, he's sooooo cute! Will have to be vigilant and get his picture!
Cleaning house today. UGH! 
All I know. Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
March 23rd
National Chip and Dip Day









OMG, Nancy just wrote that Liz Taylor died today.
Sad.

6 comments:

Lydia said...

GOOD morning! Now I can't brag about my 94 cent transaction at CVS):- As I told the clerk- my husband would see that receipt right away! Savings that good are a once in a lifetime event.

We have the same rule about washing cars and rain down here. I did put a tarp down on some furniture outside- maybe that will make the sunshine stay.

Cloth towels are good. Literally- lend a friendlier feeling. Probably wouldn't work in high volume establishmen- but what a Godsend to find towels in lower traffic locations.

Oregon Sue said...

Good morning to you too! I suppose you need some sunshine down there too, but we have had the wettest season on record here and I think half the populations has SADS. (Seasonal affective disorder (SAD), also known as winter depression, winter blues, summer depression or summer blues, is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the winter or summer,[1] spring or autumn, repeatedly, year after year. In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), SAD is not a unique mood disorder, but is "a specifier of major depression".) xo

Anonymous said...

Sue,
Well we do get days of nice sunshine in between the rains. Today is one of them.
Loved your pics going thru the car wash. I do that when I can't stand it any longer and don't want to take the time for a regular thorough wash at the DB Car Wash. One hates to spend upwards toward $20 on a car wash only to get it rained on! Thankfully my car doesn't show dirt at all so I can go for months.
That casserole looks and sounds so yummy! You must eat it the next day for breakfast and lunch too!
Sad about Liz Taylor but I have been expecting it for years as her health has been poor for so long. She was always my favorite actress. However, in the last few movies she made it seemed to me that she was "overacting". RIP Liz.
Tell me what are the prizes you bought at the Dollar Tree? I am going today to the 99 Cent Store to look for hostess gifts and prizes for my bunco in May. Hey! Why wait till the last minute! LOL

Hugs, Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

Yes, Liz's health hasn't been good, but I though she'd outlive ZaZa! Didn't buy prizes at Dollar Tree, just gift boxes, bags, and tissue. I'm going to make some novelty seasonal earrings for prizes... Easter, Halloween, and maybe Christmas. xo

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. However maybe you should do some bracelets too because not all women have pierced ears.

I found some cute fancy type thingies that you stick in the ground for decoration. Don't know what to call them. They have flowers and bees and birds on the top of a wrought iron little rod. Cute. Bought 11 of them! Then a cute little Welcome hanging thing for the little prize. Actually we play for money but a long time ago some gal started passing out hostess gifts and a main gift. So not to be outdone, the other gals started doing it too.....sigh :(

XO Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

I could do bracelets if I have a mind to... or else if they win the pierced earrings and don't have pierced ears, they can give them as a gift to someone who has! xo