Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

~ Summit Snow ~ Andy & Linda ~ Flying Pork? ~









Good 35º sprinkley morning.
Yesterday it rained a whole 19/100ths of an inch.


Our summit is lookin' dicey....
















Good thing Chuck and Linda went home
yesterday early!


This morning:
  















    



Yesterday:





  


 






But my birdie friends were out....


....and Mr. and Mrs. Goose were sitting in the
pasture most of the day...




















Mr. and Mrs Mallard are also back, but haven't been
able to get their picture yet...


 
I took the golf cart down to take the trash to the can and put
the can on the road late yesterday afternoon. Shiloh and her parents were just heading out for a walk. She DRUG Gerard with her leash to come see me! So sweet. I got accused of "spoiling" her again. They commented, "She runs away to your house because you give her cookies". Oh sigh......   Later I saw her trailing behind her parents up in their pasture. She'd turn and look this way every few minutes....










     

Handyman's Rule:
Cut to fit, Beat into Place.
(Works for me. My motto has always been "If it doesn't fit,
force it." Another reason why I wasn't good at stained glass!)


 
Historically this date...
321 – Emperor Constantine I decrees that the dies Solis Invicti (sun-day) is the day of rest in the Empire.
1876Alexander Graham Bell is granted a patent for an invention he calls the telephone.
1964 - Andy and Linda were married.









Andy was in the USMC with Jerry and Linda is a BFF!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY kids!!!
... and the rest of the historical stuff  was just boring ....


Births this date include....
1934Willard Scott, American television broadcaster










1942Tammy Faye Bakker, American televangelist (d. 2007)
    
Just before she passed away she only weighed 65 pounds!
....and a bunch of other boring people!


 
Today John from Rite Way Heating/AC is coming over to replace the motor in one of my heat/ac units. It's noisy. He'll be here this afternoon. Today I'll also have a conversation with the vet regarding Maggie's lack of eating and her lost weight. Wrapped in cheese I have to force her pills down. Imagine! She doesn't even want to eat cheese!!!

Happy Monday all.
Nuff said. Ciao.
xo Mom-Soupy-Sue
March 7th
National Crown Roast of Pork Day
http://www.thenibble.com/REVIEWS/main/meats/stuffed-pork-roast-recipe.asp

AND WITH ENOUGH THRUST..





PIGS CAN FLY JUST FINE.

7 comments:

Vanette C said...

No need to apologize for out of place text... you have intelligent and forgiving friends who love your blog, even if it was completely upside down...lol
I so love all your great photos of your view from the porch and from your kitchen too. (Yummo) Seems like good weather to snuggle up in a blankie in your favorite chair sipping hot chocolate (I like mine with a bit of Baileys)... Glad you are getting the heater fixed and we are praying for Maggie too. If you need a break from winter weather, it's going to be clear and 75 degrees all this next week and it's on the way to both Las Vegas and Laughlin... Just sayin... Hugs my friend...

Oregon Sue said...

Oh thanks Vanette! I would LOVE to come visit you, just can't at the present time. Someday! As for the Bailey's in hot chocolate... Mmmmmm... I found some Honey Brandy by Christian Bros that is fabulous in coffee! xo

Anonymous said...

Sue,

The blog looked just fine to me. I agree with Vanette. We enjoy it no matter where the words jump to but as I said they were just fine today.

At first I thought you had photo shopped Tammy Faye's photo. OMG! She fought her weight for years and then to see her in the end was a punch in the gut. I was a true fan of Jim and Tammy. They filled a void in my life when I was stuck at home with babies. John worked on Sundays and I couldn't get to church. It really saddened me at what happened to them. I still have their family Christmas card they sent me. I keep it in their Parallel Bible on my night table.

Prayers still going up for Maggs.
Have a good day and hugs! XOX Trisha

Oregon Sue said...

What I thought was strange is that Tammy Faye was on all the talk shows just before she passed away. Wonder why she wanted to put herself out there. Thanks for Maggie prayers! xo

Anonymous said...

I do like your bird friends. The coloring on them is beautiful.
Jim

Lydia said...

Cookies- I would walk to wherever there are cookies.

Try cream cheese on Maggie's pills. For some reason the puppies decided to strike against any other pill disguise.

Light rain overnight. More cloues and breeze right now than rain- but wouldn't recommend washing a car until this front is past.

Oregon Sue said...

Thanks L, I'll try the cream cheese. xo